Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I've never tried the e-gel, but have used some of the shots. I usually stick with fruit flavored ones rather than the chocolate or caramel type flavors. I think it's just very personal because I know there are people who love the flavors I don't care for. You just really have to play around with it.

I use GU, but I find that I can only use certain flavors. The fruit ones give me indigestion. It's strange. I stick with the salted caramel ones since they settle the best. I can't do chews, I'm not coordinated enough to run and chew at the same time. Lol!

Early in a run I do the chews with NO caffeine and then later on get the Gu out all chocolate flavors + caffeine work for me. It's funny you really have to try some flavors out. Once you like a couple, you can even buy in bulk so you never have to run out.

I'm looking into trying and testing certain fueling things during any of my 9+ mile
Anyone have any rec. flavors or ones to totally stay away from? Hoping to try something they have at the races way before I get there. I'll probably hit up a runner store or amazon this week to get just a few things.

I am partial to the Clif chocolate and Clif razz gels. The chocolate are on the thicker side and taste like fudge/frosting. The razz ones are more viscous and taste like, well, raspberry. Clif bloks are very good too. They're kind of like gummy bears, only with carbs and stuff. If you like sweet things, give Sport Beans a try. They're electrolyte jelly beans.

I also recommend Tailwind. It's a powder you mix into water and contains all the salt, carbs, and electrolytes you need during an endurance event. It won't upset your stomach, comes in mild flavors, and is easy to pour into a handheld bottle.

I am partial to the Clif chocolate and Clif razz gels. The chocolate are on the thicker side and taste like fudge/frosting. The razz ones are more viscous and taste like, well, raspberry. I also recommend Tailwind. It's a powder you mix into water and contains all the salt, carbs, and electrolytes you need during an endurance event. It won't upset your stomach, comes in mild flavors, and is easy to pour into a handheld bottle.

I finally bought some of this. Got a variety pack. I used it on the recent 9-miler we ran. That was a bad run for a variety of reasons, so not a good test yet of Tailwind, but I did find the mild taste to be good.

I finally bought some of this. Got a variety pack. I used it on the recent 9-miler we ran. That was a bad run for a variety of reasons, so not a good test yet of Tailwind, but I did find the mild taste to be good.

It's great stuff. Takes some experimentation to find the right strength/mixture level, but once you do, nothing works better.

This may have been previously discussed...but why is the GoGo squeeze tinkerbell apple on page 21 giving it's berry buddy the middle finger? I kind of want to crop it out and make that into a t-shirt for days I'm not feeling my training runs.

omg, I laughed so hard at this!! :joker:

You guys are deep into the Dooney conversation already and I'm still back a the medal reveal. :scared: :teeth:

As always, I wish they had posted photos that are a little higher-quality. Hard to make out some of the details...or maybe I'm just old.
I totally agree! They really blew it there.

I love the 5k, 10k, and challenge medals! Not so much a fan of the half.
I agree!

Super psyched about DD17 and I getting those 10k medals!

I'm so in love with the PDC medal. I'm definitely going to have a new favorite medal.

The half, 10K, and 5K... Meh. I like the 5K best of those three, but that's not saying much. They're not terrible, just... I liked the fairy theme for the 10K. I will take a much improved PDC, though. It is amazingly better. Still glad I registered for all three, though.

Hey, Just a couple of questions!

We obviously don't the route yet, but coming from off site on the morning of the the race (walking), will it be possible to walk up from Katella onto Disneyland Drive to join the Corrals or would it be best coming from S. Habor and through DTD?

Secondly, I would like to upgrade to the PDC from the 1/2, but I've yet to hear back from them (I know there is a $45 transfer charge and to fill out the form, but on the form it says the deadline has passed, but I have read that others have been successful). I have seen a discount code floating around. On my original order I did NOT use a discount code. If they allow me to rebook, would I be able to use the discount code and still have my original order refunded?

And I had ordered the pin in my original booking, will this be refunded too?

Thanks for your help!!

I'm wondering when we finally get information regarding the chEAR squad ??? I know rD is busy with Princess this weekend but it seems like they forgot us.

Hi Everyone! I just signed up (caved). I received my Coast to Coast Medal last year, but stayed at the Disneyland hotel for the half. I just booked the Fairfield Inn for this year. Has anyone stayed at this hotel for a race? It's just me this time so I'm trying to get a little more bang for my buck.

Thank you! :) Can't wait!

Last edited:
I'm wondering when we finally get information regarding the chEAR squad ??? I know rD is busy with Princess this weekend but it seems like they forgot us.

Someone told me they opened it up last year in March. Let's hope!

Thanks, for posting the medal photos! I love the challenge medal!

Me too! I'm only doing the 1/2 marathon this year. Do they usually keep the same medals for a few years? Already planning 2018! :) I did the 10K last year, 1/2 this year, so it would make sense to do the challenge next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter