Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I'm super excited about the half medal. I did Tink last year as my first rD race, and I'm happy to have a different looking medal for 2017 (but still consistent colorwise). I love that it has the mileage distance on it. The medals are also tempting me to do the PDC, but I'm going to try to hold myself back and have the 2018 SWLS Rebel Challenge be my first challenge.

I was super excited to see the medals... then I realized I forgot to submit my PoT yesterday :sad::sad::sad:

EDIT: I looked at my registration and saw that I could still edit my info, so I thought I'd add in my PoT just to give it a try and it saved it!! :worship:

Now my question is... my time is 1:16:40 for a 10k. McMillan puts that as a 2:50:55 half.
Would it be risky to put my estimated finish time as 2:41-2:45? Or should I just leave it as 2:46-2:50?
I know that I am capable of sub 2:45 and my Pot would have reflected that if they had told us it was a gun time and not a chip start (I ended up walking almost a quarter mile waiting to cross the start line before I realized it had already started)

Last edited:
I was super excited to see the medals... then I realized I forgot to submit my PoT yesterday :sad::sad::sad:

EDIT: I looked at my registration and saw that I could still edit my info, so I thought I'd add in my PoT just to give it a try and it saved it!! :worship:

Now my question is... my time is 1:16:40 for a 10k. McMillan puts that as a 2:50:55 half.
Would it be risky to put my estimated finish time as 2:41-2:45? Or should I just leave it as 2:46-2:50?
I know that I am capable of sub 2:45 and my Pot would have reflected that if they had told us it was a gun time and not a chip start (I ended up walking almost a quarter mile waiting to cross the start line before I realized it had already started)

It is my understanding that you do not need a proof for the 2:46-2:50 estimate and they will just take your word for it. They won't look at your proof link. Can someone vouch for me on that?
However, if you choose below 2:45 and they do look at your proof and it doesn't match up they may put you in the last corral. They do not care about what you are or will be capable of unfortunately :(.
Whereas the 2:46-2:50 estimate could put you higher up in the corrals ahead of anyone with slower estimates and those that forgot POT but put faster estimates.

Can someone double check my line of thought on this one?
I know Courtney was looking very closely at the differences in the times bordering the 2:45 cutoff? (if I'm remembering right)

Hey, If we chose to park before the run, do we get free parking, like for WDW events or do we have to pay?

Thanks!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My first disney run and I LOVE the 10k medal!!!! Its such a nice incentive to keep going on training!!

I absolutely love the medals! Especially Pixie Dust Challenge. I think they're so much better than the Princess medals for this year. Now if I could just get that teleportation invented so I could be there. I'd be there in a second if it wasn't so hard to get out to California. Jealous of all of you earning these!

I LOVE the new design of the 1/2 medal. (I actually squealed with delight) Really like the design of the challenge medal too.
Now lets just hope the official merch is really good this year.

Wondering when we will see photos of the Dooneys??

I've emailed and also submitted a form to RunDisney. What's the likelihood I can upgrade between distances? What's the usual process? Pay a small fee and the difference between half and challenge?

Or, would I be better to register for the challenge and skip the extra bib?

OR, do I just be happy with my half marathon race and stop being envious? ;)

I've emailed and also submitted a form to RunDisney. What's the likelihood I can upgrade between distances? What's the usual process? Pay a small fee and the difference between half and challenge?

I'll be curious what you find out, so please post back with the response you get from rD. I'm registered for the half, but that challenge medal is pretty enticing.

Dooney!
Disney-Sports-runDisney-TBHM-Reg-Tab-DB-670x305.jpg

I upgraded from Goofy to Dopey last year...the process was:

- Register for Dopey
- Fill out a transfer form, scan it and email it to runDisney
- They refunded me the Goofy registration fee minus $45 (the transfer fee)

I was nervous to register for Dopey BEFORE getting the Goofy registration, but they took care of it pretty quickly. Maybe you can ask them at the Princess expo?

I upgraded from Goofy to Dopey last year...the process was:

- Register for Dopey
- Fill out a transfer form, scan it and email it to runDisney
- They refunded me the Goofy registration fee minus $45 (the transfer fee)

I was nervous to register for Dopey BEFORE getting the Goofy registration, but they took care of it pretty quickly. Maybe you can ask them at the Princess expo?

That transfer fee is pretty hefty, especially when you are upgrading to spend more money. Assume that applies to any kind of transfer?

That transfer fee is pretty hefty, especially when you are upgrading to spend more money. Assume that applies to any kind of transfer?
Yes. The only kind of transfer you can't do involves the 5K/kids races...and from one person to another.

Here is the official wording from the Tink section of runDisney.com:
And the transfer form is here: https://secure.as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/tinker-bell-half-marathon/TBHMTransferForm.pdf

Now...it did say that transfers had to be submitted by 2/14, but the link is still live and I bet they'd be happy to transfer people. But if it were me looking to transfer at this point, I wouldn't do so without contacting runDisney first to make sure that they truly are still allowing transfers. :confused3

That pattern is very cute. I really do love the colors they are using this year. I don't see myself carrying around a Tinkerbell purse, but still cute regardless.
Agreed on all counts. :confused3 If I were going to get one of those bags I would 100% go for the blue and not the white.

I really like the bags!!!
The large tote would be the only one that would hold all my stuff.
May just "need" to get one this year. Or just look in my closet at the D&B bags that I never use. Am I the only one with that delema?

I really like the bags!!!
The large tote would be the only one that would hold all my stuff.
May just "need" to get one this year. Or just look in my closet at the D&B bags that I never use. Am I the only one with that delema?
I've been selling mine...at one point I just had way too many. :confused3 I probably still have too many purses by others' standards. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter