"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 254586 View attachment 254587 Hey guys :) Just wanted to reassure that not everyone has their FP+ deleted with just Party tickets.
I ONLY have MNSSHP tickets for my short trip. I made 2 FP reservations with just the party tickets and they are still showing in my MDE. I made my FP reservations
on 7/10.
Attached are the screen caps :)

Thanks for posting.

@hiroMYhero is posting this -

"Alert: There have been reports that FPs booked using the MNSSHP ticket entitlement have been canceled.

If FPs have been booked for regular park days + the Party Day, the system is Canceling the last day of booked FPs whether or not it is a Party Day.

Disney apparently is deeming a Party ticket as invalid for FP booking and the number of days of FPs you have booked must match the number of regular MYW ticket entitlements linked in your MDE account.

As a precaution, you may want to delete FPs booked specifically for your MNSSHP day."

Sorry if this has already been asked, but when will Disney list times for the party events such as the parade and the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular? I booked a BOG ADR for 8:55, because it is all that's available and I wonder if that is an ok time to eat. If we're coming out of BOG after dinner, are we going to be able to find a good spot to view HalloWishes? Would we miss the parade or villain show? Is it worth it to spend 45 minutes to an hour eating dinner during a special event when we could be enjoying short ride lines or meeting special characters? I didn't even realize you could do ADRs with the party ticket or I would have bought my ticket as soon as they went on sale and done an ADR at 6:30 or 7.

PS - I was able to get a breakfast ADR for BOG, but only for half of my party, so technically two of us could eat at BOG at a different time if we should forego the party dinner ADR. I know the Beast won't be there for breakfast, but I'm not sure my 5 yo would care. She might even be scared of him.

Nothing published yet, but the first Boo To You Parade has traditionally been at 8:30, so you're probably going to miss that one. Simply thinking that the logisitics of trying to catch it early in the route and then fight your way over to FantasyLand would make it complicated to say the least. If you plan on staying for the whole night, it's fine as the 2nd parade usually has a smaller crowd. Hallowishes has started around 10:15 in the past, so you'd be looking to stake out a spot the second you come out of dinner. As far as the importance of short ride lines to you, that depends how many other days you plan on spending at the park. If it's an "extra" day, live it up for all the party has to offer and I'd say do dinner. If it's one of the main days you plan to spend at the park, I'd say skip dinner, grab something quick and hit the rides and the characters.

Breakfast and dinner are two wholly different experiences at BOG. The ambiance of the restaurant as a table service dinner with waitstaff is wholly different than the catch as catch can vibe of the quick service cafeteria feel. That being said, I'd never recommend waiting until 8:55 to serve a 5 year old dinner after a day at the parks!!! :-) Good luck!

Nothing published yet, but the first Boo To You Parade has traditionally been at 8:30, so you're probably going to miss that one. Simply thinking that the logisitics of trying to catch it early in the route and then fight your way over to FantasyLand would make it complicated to say the least. If you plan on staying for the whole night, it's fine as the 2nd parade usually has a smaller crowd. Hallowishes has started around 10:15 in the past, so you'd be looking to stake out a spot the second you come out of dinner. As far as the importance of short ride lines to you, that depends how many other days you plan on spending at the park. If it's an "extra" day, live it up for all the party has to offer and I'd say do dinner. If it's one of the main days you plan to spend at the park, I'd say skip dinner, grab something quick and hit the rides and the characters.

Breakfast and dinner are two wholly different experiences at BOG. The ambiance of the restaurant as a table service dinner with waitstaff is wholly different than the catch as catch can vibe of the quick service cafeteria feel. That being said, I'd never recommend waiting until 8:55 to serve a 5 year old dinner after a day at the parks!!! :-) Good luck!

Haha, good point on the 5yo. I'm sure many snacks would be fed leading up to dinner, lol. I probably could just use the child TS credit for the 15yo and the 5 yo could eat off of someone's plate at that point, although that would leave me with an odd TS credit that wouldn't be able to be used or would have to be used as QS.

Anyway, we are doing arrival day at HS, Day 2 at MK/MNSSHP, Day 3 at MK with Extra Magic Hours, Day 4 at AK, and departure day at Epcot. I plan on arrival/departure days being nearly full days in the parks.

Haha, good point on the 5yo. I'm sure many snacks would be fed leading up to dinner, lol. I probably could just use the child TS credit for the 15yo and the 5 yo could eat off of someone's plate at that point, although that would leave me with an odd TS credit that wouldn't be able to be used or would have to be used as QS.

Anyway, we are doing arrival day at HS, Day 2 at MK/MNSSHP, Day 3 at MK with Extra Magic Hours, Day 4 at AK, and departure day at Epcot. I plan on arrival/departure days being nearly full days in the parks.

Will you be there when Food and Wine Festival are still on at Epcot? A TS credit could get you some snacks there! ::yes::

Thanks for posting.

@hiroMYhero is posting this -

"Alert: There have been reports that FPs booked using the MNSSHP ticket entitlement have been canceled.

If FPs have been booked for regular park days + the Party Day, the system is Canceling the last day of booked FPs whether or not it is a Party Day.

Disney apparently is deeming a Party ticket as invalid for FP booking and the number of days of FPs you have booked must match the number of regular MYW ticket entitlements linked in your MDE account.

As a precaution, you may want to delete FPs booked specifically for your MNSSHP day."

You're welcome :)

Maybe it is because times go past 6:30 or start before 4? I know Disney does do that.

Yes! We will be there during F&W. How many snacks would my extra TS get us on our last day if we save it for that.

A QS credit can get 3. Not sure about TS credit. You can try to ask in the Food and Wine Thread. You can also use your snack credits there.

Ugh! What to do? We are going the week of 9/2, attending MNSSHP on 9/7 and our last day at AK is 9/8. I have 3 FPs from 3:30-6:30 for the party and our 1 and only FOP FP for 9/8. I was able to book all ticket days FPs and party FPs with no problem. But, now with all the chatter about canceling FPs I'm worried. Would you cancel your party FPs to ensure you don't lose your FOp FP or gamble and keep it the way it is...? I'm freaking a little.

Ugh! What to do? We are going the week of 9/2, attending MNSSHP on 9/7 and our last day at AK is 9/8. I have 3 FPs from 3:30-6:30 for the party and our 1 and only FOP FP for 9/8. I was able to book all ticket days FPs and party FPs with no problem. But, now with all the chatter about canceling FPs I'm worried. Would you cancel your party FPs to ensure you don't lose your FOp FP or gamble and keep it the way it is...? I'm freaking a little.

I would. No MK ride has 2-3 hours wait time.

We have the same situation. Arrive on 9/1, attend the party that day. Leave on 9/6. Our only FoP is for our departure day (9/6). I haven't made any changes. I am watching and waiting. I think it may be a glitch and not an intentional deleting of FP+.

We have the same situation. Arrive on 9/1, attend the party that day. Leave on 9/6. Our only FoP is for our departure day (9/6). I haven't made any changes. I am watching and waiting. I think it may be a glitch and not an intentional deleting of FP+.
I went ahead and deleted all my MNSSHP FPs. Since there are no more FOP FPs for 9/8 I didn't want to risk it. I too hope it's a glitch and crazy rumor because I'll be super bummed if we can't get in at 4 for the party!

Will you be there when Food and Wine Festival are still on at Epcot? A TS credit could get you some snacks there! ::yes::

Yes! We will be there during F&W. How many snacks would my extra TS get us on our last day if we save it for that.

IF they let you use a TS credit, you will only get 3 snacks, and they must be purchased from one booth in one transaction. Even being able to use a QS credit to do this is not guaranteed, so using a TS credit is even less sure. I'm assuming you have free dining, but even with that, getting 3 snacks for a TS credit is a LOUSY value...that credit is worth almost $40, and most snacks are in the $5-8 range. Why would you "save" a TS credit for this? Save some snack credits or perhaps a QS credit.

IF they let you use a TS credit, you will only get 3 snacks, and they must be purchased from one booth in one transaction. Even being able to use a QS credit to do this is not guaranteed, so using a TS credit is even less sure. I'm assuming you have free dining, but even with that, getting 3 snacks for a TS credit is a LOUSY value...that credit is worth almost $40, and most snacks are in the $5-8 range. Why would you "save" a TS credit for this? Save some snack credits or perhaps a QS credit.

She may have a leftover TS credit if her DD doesn't order anything at the BOG dinner and wonder what to do with that.

I actually love the idea of food/dining/restaurants during the NSHP... and had not thought of it at all, any recommendations on the what/wheres?

I never actually thought about how packed it could be a spots for fireworks, parades, etc. Any tips and tricks would be really appreciated.

I've posted so much that I can't remember my exact logic, but yes, I was thinking of using only 3 TS credits at BOG I think and having one left over. I think it's become irrelevant now, because almost everyone is telling me we shouldn't do BOG in the middle of MNSSHP or we chance missing HalloWishes. It's not important enough for me to eat there that we miss party events.

She may have a leftover TS credit if her DD doesn't order anything at the BOG dinner and wonder what to do with that.

Yes, thank you, that is what I was thinking, lol! I would never save a credit to get snacks, but was afraid I might have one leftover, plus I was trying to stretch 4 days of credits over 5 park days and thought we could at least get something to eat since no one is going to eat TS by themselves.

I actually love the idea of food/dining/restaurants during the NSHP... and had not thought of it at all, any recommendations on the what/wheres?

I never actually thought about how packed it could be a spots for fireworks, parades, etc. Any tips and tricks would be really appreciated.

Well, I think I am going to cancel my BOG ADR that was during the NSSHP. Everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't waste party time to eat there. Plus, I have the issue of running out of TS credits. Here is the page where you can make reservations during the party, though, if you've already purchased your MNSSHP ticket and linked it to MDX. You can choose from CRT, BOG, or TCP.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

So, my sister got an email last night about insufficient ticket days for FPs. It was actually probably related to a ticket reassignment issue, not the halloween party, but when I talked to the CM she said because the party doesn't officially start until 7, the tickets aren't supposed to get FPs. She definitely sounded like she was knew there were differences between the actual guidelines and the practices the day-of. Anyways, she recommended I either 1) cancel the Halloween FPs, or 2) wait and see if anything is accidentally lost and then call back-at that time they probably would make me cancel them, but it's a chance they may not. I took screenshots of all our FPs just in case, but she said they would definitely be able to get them back for me if they were lost.

So, my sister got an email last night about insufficient ticket days for FPs. It was actually probably related to a ticket reassignment issue, not the halloween party, but when I talked to the CM she said because the party doesn't officially start until 7, the tickets aren't supposed to get FPs. She definitely sounded like she was knew there were differences between the actual guidelines and the practices the day-of. Anyways, she recommended I either 1) cancel the Halloween FPs, or 2) wait and see if anything is accidentally lost and then call back-at that time they probably would make me cancel them, but it's a chance they may not. I took screenshots of all our FPs just in case, but she said they would definitely be able to get them back for me if they were lost.
She's incorrect. They won't be able to just get those fast passes back. Once they are gone, they are gone. There is a way to override the system but they are very rarely willing to do it. Phone CMs are notorious for bad info.

My husband and step-D (age 15) really only care about rides, although we will be doing most of our dining, parades, nighttime shows together, but split up for shows or M&Gs that they might not want to do. So they would be hoping for some shorter ride lines at the party for attractions that may be extra busy during regular park hours. Is there virtually no wait for the rides during MNSSHP?

So, for this trip, while my DD may want to trick or treat and I would want to watch the parade and Hocus Pocus show, I don't think she (or I) will care about meeting special Halloween characters UNLESS there are princesses at the Halloween party that aren't normally at MK or if the lines for say, Rapunzel and Elena are shorter than usual. When will they announce or when can we find out which characters will be available for M&G? Since our ADR for BOG wouldn't be until almost 9, we would have a good two hours of the party for rides and M&Gs, maybe some trick or treating, although I'm not sure how much we can get done in two hours. Then assuming we can eat by 10 or so, we would have almost two hours after dinner. If I knew that we could quickly meet Rapunzel and Elena during the party, then I might skip getting FP for them on another day. I mainly don't want to miss any of the special parades, shows, or fireworks because of the time of my dining reservation, but there are no times out for Hocus Pocus or the Parade yet, just HalloWishes.

It sounds like you have a good idea of what everyone in your group is going to want to do. We have been to two Halloween parties and two MVMCPs, so while every year is a little different, I will tell you about what we have experienced related to your highlighted questions above:

RIDES: In my experience ride lines are much shorter during the parties with waits for the more popular rides of 10 minutes or less and walk-on for everything else. The exception to that is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which still sees pretty long waits (around 30 minutes or so) for most of the party. We have been able to go directly to SDMT after the second parade and ride with a minimal (10 minute or so) wait. It's also possible that BTMRR may have a little bit of a longer wait this year with Splash being down - but Splash during the halloween party is walk on (I think because people may not want to get their costumes wet?), so it may not be any different than previous years for BTMRR.

BOG ADR: If you really want to eat dinner at BOG, by all means keep the ADR - but it may mean that you have to miss something else from your list. Whenever I have eaten at BOG, I have never gone in right at the time of my ADR - it has always been as little as 5 minutes late and as much as 20 minutes late. They tend to get backed up during the dinner hour and so with your ADR being later, it may mean it's even more likely they are running behind. You definitely don't want to feel like you are rushing through dinner to get to other things or it won't be a good experience.

CHARACTERS: The long waits will definitely be for the characters that are not out any other time of the year or are in costumes when they usually aren't. I haven't tried to meet the Fairytale Hall princesses during the party, but I am confident their waits are likely lower than they would be during non-party times. Sometimes in the past they met with their princes and then the waits were longer. Others may be able to chime in on that. If they do have any princesses out that aren't out other places for the party, you will want to watch this thread over the first few parties and people will post how/when/the best strategies for meeting that princess.

PARADES/SHOWS: You note that you definitely don't want to miss any parades/shows - this leads me to suggest even more that you reconsider your BOG ADR. Last year, the first parade was at 8:30, Hallowishes at 10:15, and the 2nd parade at 11:15. The Hocus Pocus shows were 9:15, 10:40, and midnight. The area in front of the castle is mobbed all night - it's the most crowded area of the park, so navigating in, around, through it is pretty difficult - so even if you get out of your ADR around 10:00, getting to a viewing spot may take some time. We have had success with getting a space around 9:30 for Hallowishes (we sit in the area that they use for the dessert parties/old FP+ area near either Casey's or on the other side of the street). We then head to liberty square or frontierland to find a place for the second parade and then watch the last showing of the Hocus Pocus show at midnight. The only time I would suggest the first parade is if there is rain in the forecast for later in the evening (we missed the christmas party parade one year because of this!).

Of course - we won't know much about how similar this year is to previous years until after the first party, so you might want to hang on to your BOG ADR until then and then make a decision on what you want to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!