"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to subscribe I think, but my plan is to check in, get right in line for jack and dally, possibly have DH grab us party snacks and after the M&G with them, go straight to jack sparrow. Then get all the trick or treating / rides / shopping etc, catch the fireworks, last parade and last hocus pocus.

Does this sound like a feasible plan? They are the only 2 characters my kids have any interest in, after that they will be focused on trick or treating, and we have 2 other park days for rides. I know the show is a priority for me and obviously the parade and fireworks. Just trying to get a basic plan without overdwhelming my son who has SPD and anxiety and DH who is recovering from surgery.

also super bummed I won't be able to get the Oogie boogie popcorn bucket

Sounds like a feasible plan to me!

I only stood in line for Pooh and friends. We waited about 45 minutes as it was during the first parade. I honestly can't believe it was not a sold out party as the crowds were very big!! I'm glad we got to experience it but until our grandchildren are old enough, we probably won't do it again. It was so much fun watching the little ones and seeing all the creative costumes. Thanks foxc63 for all your hard work!!

I only stood in line for Pooh and friends. We waited about 45 minutes as it was during the first parade. I honestly can't believe it was not a sold out party as the crowds were very big!! I'm glad we got to experience it but until our grandchildren are old enough, we probably won't do it again. It was so much fun watching the little ones and seeing all the creative costumes. Thanks foxc63 for all your hard work!!

Your welcome buddy!

Well, I just consulted my 5yo DD and gave her the choice - if we can only do one, would you rather meet Moana or get your hair and makeup done at BBB.....she picked the BOUTIQUE! So, I guess unless I can figure out a way to do both, we're sticking with BBB. I'm shocked, to be honest!

She also still refuses to meet the Beast, so I guess I'll be cancelling that BOG ADR that I have during MNSSHP.

All she cares about is meeting Mickey/Minnie and the gang and princesses.

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm thinking about going Sep 24th which is also the last CM discounted party day. Are those cm discount party days more crowded? Last year was our first time attending. We went mid October and it was great, but this year thinking about going in sept to save a few bucks...

Does it take a long time to get into the park once they start letting party-goers in? In the pictures the lines don't look that bad. We have a 3:15-4:15 BTMR FP and I'm wondering what our chances are of making it.

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm thinking about going Sep 24th which is also the last CM discounted party day. Are those cm discount party days more crowded? Last year was our first time attending. We went mid October and it was great, but this year thinking about going in sept to save a few bucks...

I remember hearing-and anyone correct me if I'm wrong since I wast there last year-that the last CM discounted night is very crowded and it can even be sold out with all the dates around it not getting sold out and being less crowded

Does it take a long time to get into the park once they start letting party-goers in? In the pictures the lines don't look that bad. We have a 3:15-4:15 BTMR FP and I'm wondering what our chances are of making it.

I'd try to arrive at around 3:30pm to be ahead of the pack. If you don't arrive til 4pm you're going to get bogged down in lines. There's a 15 minute grace period tacked on to the end of your fp so you should make it, assuming they let everyone in by 4pm.

For people who attended last night's party: in hindsight is there anything that you would have done differently? I know for a lot of you this wasn't your first party, so you probably had a good idea of what to expect, but like people have said, every year is different.

Just looking for general advice since this is my first and probably only party ever. It sounds like maybe it's better to wait until later in the evening to trick-or-treat, and it definitely sounds like we should get out special treats early. Anything else to keep in mind?

Also, how late was the Emporium open? Were they letting people in to shop fairly late, like 12:30-ish?

Thanks for all your reports!

You really have to decide what's important to you. Treats? Parade? Characters? Rides? Fireworks? Shows? It's really hard to find a balance.

My kids love standing in lines for characters. That's all they want to do. My husband just likes to trick or treat and hunt down magic shots. I love the parade and fireworks. So next year we're going to try to split up a bit more.

I regret not watching both parades cause I really love them. Food lines, trick or treat lines, ride lines are all shorter later in the evening. The problem is, if you wait too long, you do run out of time anyways.

Do you know if they started giving out wristbands for the party inside around the same time? I'll already be in the park for my party and I'm wondering if people at the gates will be able to get them earlier.
As far as I know, wristbands weren't given out anywhere til the front gate people were officially let in.

Here's my report from last night, keep in mind I did get into the DPB meetup so had free admission to the party plus the dessert party with Plaza viewing for Hallowishes, also we have met all the characters that were in the party so that wasn't our priority.
Arrived at the TTC around 5:30pm went to the meetup sign in and received a lovely large reusable MNSSHP bag with 2 thermal cups, 3 really cool halloween posters, some candy, a DPB notebook, our tickets for the party and lanyards for the dessert party, fun surprise.
Got on the monorail and we entered MK with no wait aroundd 5:45pm. Where we went through the back passage and got our official trick or treat bag and our first candy station there.
My daughter was hungry since I had picked her up directly from school so we went to Pinocchio's to eat lunch/dinner and did mobile ordering.
We always like hitting the treat or treat trail inside Pete's slideshow first because they have 3 stations on each side and it's a quick way to fill our bags. Started sprinkling right before 7pm. Noticed that the dwarves had started meeting already, not sure at what time they started but their line looked to be about an hour long at that point.
At about 5 till 7pm they opened the sideshow and did this trail twice and mission accomplished, our bags were almost full.
We love to people watch so we decided to walk around the park. Went over to NFL and saw Eric and Ariel their line was probably only 10 to 15 minutes, Gaston and Belle's was a bit longer
The line for Sleepy Hollow was llong, past the umbrella painting so no pumpkin waffle for me :( . We made it to Frontierland and caught the Cadaver Dan set. Capt Jack's line looked to be about 30 minutes long, Moana's was longer. Jafar was about 20 minutes. We saw were Tarzan was supposed to meet but he wasn't there, it looked about a 20 min line. Jack and Sally were just coming into the gazebo when we went by and they walked and said hello to us as they walked past us/ This line looked to be about an hour.
On our way we hit the Tom Sawyer candy spot and the POTC candy spot, all were pretty fast, same candy everywhere
We went down MS where it was starting to get dark and decided to go to the allergy friendly spot inside Exposition Hall, my daughter asked for one of each but the CM gave her enough to fill up the teal bag.
The Mickey line said 45 minutes but we looked and it didn't seem that long so we got in line and met Vampire Mickey within 20 minutes
The one thing I had missed from last year was the headless horseman magic shot because of long lines, we went over to the front and there were 3 photopass and no line. Got our magic shot :) then walked back down MS and the photopass there also had no lines, got the apple magic shoot and the HM dancers magic shot.
By this time it was 8:30pm, the dessert party said 9:30pm but we decided to see if we needed to check in, to our surprise they were seating people already for the DPB meetup, we got the upper area of tomorrowland terrace. A CM walked us through the food and drink options and showed us to our "assigned seats" that were not really assigned since we went early we got to pick our table. We were told that we could go to the plaza viewing area at anytime after 9pm.
Now my honest opinion on this dessert party and I'm not sure if they have the same food for the plaza viewing (cheaper) and the terrace viewing (more expensive) but the desserts were just ok, only the pumpkin cake stood out for me, all the chocolate based items were dry, the Jack chocolate item was literally crumbs of dry chocolate cake and very very sweet icing on top. I wish they had an ice station to pour the lemonade on top of ice, it ws a warm night and the drinks were not cold, the only container that had ice was the water. It would be nice if they had some sort of crackers or flatbreads to go along with the cheese. Now the viewing of Hallowishes cannot be beat. The Plaza grassy area is the best spot plus it was rather empty, not sure how many tickets they will sell for the dessert party buut for the DPB 100 got in and could bring a guest, so 200 people were in there and we had tons of room.
In my opinion I think they added some new fireworks to the show, simply stunning.
After Hallowishes we grabbed a spot for the parade on MS and low and behold it started to rain, womp womp. The party crew did come out but didn't dance all that much cause of the wet surfaces, no headless horseman and the parade did g through but no choreography eryone just walked and waved, also Clarabelle's float stopped right at the hub and a tow truck ahd to come out and tow it the rest of the way. Still a great parade but I wished we had seen the first one.
After the parade we went over to the castle to see the midnight show of Hocus Pocus and it was delayed by about 5 minutes while they dried the stage but then went off, mid show the microphone started failing on Winnie so they gave her a handheld one. Fun show all together.
We left via ferry boat around 12:45am, fun was had, treats were gathered (3 bag full) and unexpected things that I had not planned for were done (magic shots and Mickey)
From my perspective the party did not seem crowded at all but we did not do any of the popular meets or attractions

You really have to decide what's important to you. Treats? Parade? Characters? Rides? Fireworks? Shows? It's really hard to find a balance.

This is ssssoooooooo true.

*Disclaimer*-This is my First WDW Halloween party I usually go to the DLR Halloween party- but I have found this to be true at the DLR party too. You are not going to get to do everything and the more your try the more you are going to wear your self out, and possibly irritate the people who are with you, especially if they are little people who are sugared up and tired. Balancing all the offerings is tough when there are just so many fun offerings.

My son and I laid out what our priorities are and made a basic timeline that leaves out a lot of fun stuff but hopefully lets us have more fun because we aren't stretched thin.

I remember hearing-and anyone correct me if I'm wrong since I wast there last year-that the last CM discounted night is very crowded and it can even be sold out with all the dates around it not getting sold out and being less crowded
Ok thanks!

This is ssssoooooooo true.

*Disclaimer*-This is my First WDW Halloween party I usually go to the DLR Halloween party- but I have found this to be true at the DLR party too. You are not going to get to do everything and the more your try the more you are going to wear your self out, and possibly irritate the people who are with you, especially if they are little people who are sugared up and tired. Balancing all the offerings is tough when there are just so many fun offerings.

My son and I laid out what our priorities are and made a basic timeline that leaves out a lot of fun stuff but hopefully lets us have more fun because we aren't stretched thin.

And then your plans go awry anyways. We decided ahead of time we weren't going to line up for any characters. Then my kids saw Abu and the Tweedles and our best laid plans went right out the window. :rotfl:

Allergy friendly items. BTW my daughter asked for 1 of each and the CM filled up the bag.
21078570_10214230205814858_7469372111104952743_n.jpg

21105769_10214230206014863_8144258907730671793_n.jpg

21034564_10214230206454874_5202508747208179139_n.jpg

20953052_10214230206814883_6604564703015440899_n.jpg

21032341_10214230207174892_8415950774529926705_n.jpg

21077475_10214230207534901_8684144699485277648_n.jpg

21150008_10214230207894910_1104388741062463890_n.jpg

21077623_10214230208174917_3539257739118545015_n.jpg

21034357_10214230208774932_5758821605756483756_n.jpg

21032377_10214230209214943_52326601448976067_n.jpg

21034176_10214230209614953_6228731330421837911_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter