"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people who attended last night's party: in hindsight is there anything that you would have done differently? I know for a lot of you this wasn't your first party, so you probably had a good idea of what to expect, but like people have said, every year is different.

Just looking for general advice since this is my first and probably only party ever. It sounds like maybe it's better to wait until later in the evening to trick-or-treat, and it definitely sounds like we should get out special treats early. Anything else to keep in mind?

Also, how late was the Emporium open? Were they letting people in to shop fairly late, like 12:30-ish?

Thanks for all your reports!

So you went to the Emporium at midnight?
It was actually right around 12:30. Kinda had to run and find a door that was open so I could get in! I would have thought they would have stayed open a few minutes later considering the hocus pocus show was delayed and it was an opportunity to make $$$$.

I wonder if there's still a good amount of villain pins left? We're going on Friday and my one DD really wants Ursula. With 5,400 available I should be ok hopefully....
I don't know what pins the cast member was talking about in the Emporium, but at 12:30 he said, "we're all sold out of the allotment for tonight." So if you're looking for a villain pin, IF that was the one he was talking about, I'd buy it early.

Did anyone see any photos of Ariel with Eric? That's the one character M&G I didn't see any reports on all night?
Yes, Ariel and Eric were out by the ride.

Wow, that's just crazy!!! :laughing: Regarding last night, hope you do a full report! ::yes:: peeps?
No peeps. No Werthers candy either. At least none that I saw.

Still looking for when people were let in yesterday and I'm assuming FP+ worked fine for everyone since I have not seen anything about that.
We got in a little before 4. FP+ worked fine, but I also don't have FP+ for any other days since this MNSSHP was one and done for us this trip.

Thanks for all the great updates from last night. Does anyone know what the wait for jack sparrow was? And did the lines for jack and dally get shorter at the end of the night? Just wondering if we should go directly there at 4 or if we should wait until during a parade or late late late...we are attending one of the predicted "lowest attendance" parties but I know the character lines are always long.

Thanks for all the great updates from last night. Does anyone know what the wait for jack sparrow was? And did the lines for jack and dally get shorter at the end of the night? Just wondering if we should go directly there at 4 or if we should wait until during a parade or late late late...we are attending one of the predicted "lowest attendance" parties but I know the character lines are always long.

KTP reported that the line for Jack Sparrow was all the way to the Tiki Room.

I would still go there at 4pm. They can cut the line before the end meet time if its too busy. I don't know that the queue gets that short even on a quiet party.

It was actually right around 12:30. Kinda had to run and find a door that was open so I could get in! I would have thought they would have stayed open a few minutes later considering the hocus pocus show was delayed and it was an opportunity to make $$$$.

I don't know what pins the cast member was talking about in the Emporium, but at 12:30 he said, "we're all sold out of the allotment for tonight." So if you're looking for a villain pin, IF that was the one he was talking about, I'd buy it early.

Yes, Ariel and Eric were out by the ride.

No peeps. No Werthers candy either. At least none that I saw.

We got in a little before 4. FP+ worked fine, but I also don't have FP+ for any other days since this MNSSHP was one and done for us this trip.

Yeah good idea to buy a pin early...thanks for the info!

IMG_7537.PNG
Did anyone see any photos of Ariel with Eric? That's the one character M&G I didn't see any reports on all night?
Not my picture I saw it on twitter last night

Was it confirmed no Tink or snow white last night?
I mentioned last night that I looked quickly at MDE and the characters who were out for the party were listed along with meeting times (when they were scheduled to meet not wait times). Tink was on there and said 9am-9:30 pm if I recall correctly. I noticed it because I had heard she wasn't listed as meeting. I do not recall seeing Snow White's name listed but I am not 100% positive. I also did not notice the stepsisters listed or see any reports about meeting them despite reading yesterday am they supposedly would be there.

KTP reported that the line for Jack Sparrow was all the way to the Tiki Room.

I'll have to subscribe I think, but my plan is to check in, get right in line for jack and dally, possibly have DH grab us party snacks and after the M&G with them, go straight to jack sparrow. Then get all the trick or treating / rides / shopping etc, catch the fireworks, last parade and last hocus pocus.

Does this sound like a feasible plan? They are the only 2 characters my kids have any interest in, after that they will be focused on trick or treating, and we have 2 other park days for rides. I know the show is a priority for me and obviously the parade and fireworks. Just trying to get a basic plan without overdwhelming my son who has SPD and anxiety and DH who is recovering from surgery.

also super bummed I won't be able to get the Oogie boogie popcorn bucket

Lines forming for the party at 3:34pm. We were already inside as we used our AP's to get in.

Do you know if they started giving out wristbands for the party inside around the same time? I'll already be in the park for my party and I'm wondering if people at the gates will be able to get them earlier.

Anybody else who went to the party last night not having magic shots showing up in MDE? Our poison apple shots are not there.

They might take 24 hrs. Thanks for mentioning this, Disney does not have this posted on their facebook page! This is a shot I would like to have too. Where was this located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter