******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I just bit the bullet and called the Bounceback line! I coudln't deal with the stress of not knowing about DHs job and the possible move to VA and DS missing the first days of school! I spoke to the most amazing CM named Gallagher who put me on hold for 15 minutes and was able to make all my FD dreams come true! I was booked 8/24-8/29 standard WL FD BB. He was able to change me to 8/21-8/26 and keep everything else the same! The best part is the price only went up about $40!!! My reservations during those days aren't as good as my original dates (which is why I was holding off) but I think I'll be able to make it all work out! We'll just have to eat dinner a little earlier at places like ohana but who cares! I'm going to Disney world!!! I wish all of you the best and I truly hope you get exactly what you want! Remember to keep checking! The last 2 years I was able to get what I wanted by checking multiple times a day! Oh and to add according to the Disney website there was no availability at WL for my new dates (hence my stress) but they were still able to make it work.....so take the aviailability online with a grain of salt!
Woohoo! Glad it worked out! Sometimes it's just nice to call up and see what magic they can make happen :)

I'm sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me what hotels will fit five and are historically included with FD? Finding out that we may only get QSFD at CBR even with the GC has made me decide to recheck my numbers. TIA

You must be remembering incorrectly, because check-in day has ALWAYS been the catch. You cannot activate free dining before the free dining date. As others have said, you can do a split stay of room only for the days before that are not included in FD, and then a FD stay. Just make sure the tickets on your FD stay include the number of days you want with RO too. And yes, you can activate tickets before
But your way doesn't make sense to me. FD can extend beyond the end date as long as you check in on an included date. An example for this year's possible dates is those checking in on Dec 23 for a 10-night stay can have free dining for their entire vacation. Why would you want a RO after a FD stay?

so if I am reading this right I have ASSp booked for Thanksgiving and Friday as Room Only but am starting my package with 8 day hoppers at CBR on Sat 11/25 but you are saying I can go to guest services - at the park?? at the hotel?? - and they will give me my 8 day hoppers either Thursday when we get there or on Friday (understanding they are still only good for the 8 days) is that right?? I have never heard of that and if that is true this is kind of a game changer for me! I thought we would need to go commando for 8 days.. HAAA Thank you for you help. Michelle

I'm sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me what hotels will fit five and are historically included with FD? Finding out that we may only get QSFD at CBR even with the GC has made me decide to recheck my numbers. TIA
the cabins,
PoR
CSR in a junior suite
ASMu family suite
AoA

and deluxes BC, Poly not sure about the rest.

I've been trying since last night to look up prices for Pop. Every time I click to see available rooms I get Stitch. I can see other resorts, just Pop gives me Stitch. Any ideas? Just a glitch?
Maybe try another browser. Some days I have to go through Firefox, Chrome & Safari until I can get the site to load properly. POP is likely seeing a huge amount of traffic these days as guests who normally would book moderates are seriously looking at a value alternative because of the rumored quick service dining :worried:

Alright I just bit the bullet and called the Bounceback line! I coudln't deal with the stress of not knowing about DHs job and the possible move to VA and DS missing the first days of school! I spoke to the most amazing CM named Gallagher who put me on hold for 15 minutes and was able to make all my FD dreams come true! I was booked 8/24-8/29 standard WL FD BB. He was able to change me to 8/21-8/26 and keep everything else the same! The best part is the price only went up about $40!!! My reservations during those days aren't as good as my original dates (which is why I was holding off) but I think I'll be able to make it all work out! We'll just have to eat dinner a little earlier at places like ohana but who cares! I'm going to Disney world!!! I wish all of you the best and I truly hope you get exactly what you want! Remember to keep checking! The last 2 years I was able to get what I wanted by checking multiple times a day! Oh and to add according to the Disney website there was no availability at WL for my new dates (hence my stress) but they were still able to make it work.....so take the aviailability online with a grain of salt!

That's awesome. I've been trying to add a date to the front end of my BB for aug 15th. Since December actually I've had no luck changing my BB. When I booked last August the only room available/left under the promo was a deluxe club room I booked it and tried several times to change. No luck. All of the rooms under promo booked every time I called lol. Anyway, come December I was going to book with a TA for BC. I called disney to cancel and suddenly I was able to switch my BB to a standard room at BC so I kept it. I have a room only through the TA for the night before because they still couldn't accommodate me on the front end. It was so frustrating. I still don't know how only 1 room in all of WDW was available for my BB dates.

so if I am reading this right I have ASSp booked for Thanksgiving and Friday as Room Only but am starting my package with 8 day hoppers at CBR on Sat 11/25 but you are saying I can go to guest services - at the park?? at the hotel?? - and they will give me my 8 day hoppers either Thursday when we get there or on Friday (understanding they are still only good for the 8 days) is that right?? I have never heard of that and if that is true this is kind of a game changer for me! I thought we would need to go commando for 8 days.. HAAA Thank you for you help. Michelle
Yes you can activate them.. why not make them then 10 day tickets.. you can increase the number of ticket days, then you have all days covered

That's awesome. I've been trying to add a date to the front end of my BB for aug 15th. Since December actually I've had no luck changing my BB. When I booked last August the only room available/left under the promo was a deluxe club room I booked it and tried several times to change. No luck. All of the rooms under promo booked every time I called lol. Anyway, come December I was going to book with a TA for BC. I called disney to cancel and suddenly I was able to switch my BB to a standard room at BC so I kept it. I have a room only through the TA for the night before because they still couldn't accommodate me on the front end. It was so frustrating. I still don't know how only 1 room in all of WDW was available for my BB dates.
What number did you call? I had called the regular number a few times before and was told no. I called the Bounceback number today and within 20 minutes everything was changed. Try 407-939-1923 good luck!

I went ahead and booked Pop for the dates that I wanted as I think it's going to go fast once free dining drops.

I will modify if a good room only rate comes out but at least I have a standard room booked.

Good luck to you all...I hope your free dining dreams come true pixiedust:

...I will be following along even though mine did not.

Random question - last year I remember there was a different number for Dvisa folks to call - I was able to score some rooms at CBR through that number, even though nothing was available on the Disney website. Does anyone have that number? Also, do I really need to be up at 4 am (central) to check?? I didn't think I was up that early last year...

Yes. Go to guest services outside the park. They will activate your tickets early for you.

Yes you can activate them.. why not make them then 10 day tickets.. you can increase the number of ticket days, then you have all days covered

Oh my back to the drawing board.. how fun... :) thank you soo much!!!

I've been lurking here since the thread started and I just have to applaud all the DIS'rs who contribute daily to the thread and have helped out so many people. Many questions and scenarios are complicated and I have no doubt that people have greatly appreciated the assistance and patience shown. Regardless of how FD works out this year, you should all give yourselves a big round of applause for being so kind & decent to others. This thread really shows the generosity and caring spirit of the DIS. People could hoard information hoping for an edge should FD drop. Instead, everyone here has tried so hard to help out anyone who asks. No question has been too simple. And no tough question has been left unanswered. I followed similar threads for the past few years and this year's thread is by far the most supportive, informative and decent. You are a great group of DIS'rs. Kudos to you! Hope everyone ends up with the best WDW vacation they could wish for. pixiedust:

I've been lurking here since the thread started and I just have to applaud all the DIS'rs who contribute daily to the thread and have helped out so many people. Many questions and scenarios are complicated and I have no doubt that people have greatly appreciated the assistance and patience shown. Regardless of how FD works out this year, you should all give yourselves a big round of applause for being so kind & decent to others. This thread really shows the generosity and caring spirit of the DIS. People could hoard information hoping for an edge should FD drop. Instead, everyone here has tried so hard to help out anyone who asks. No question has been too simple. And no tough question has been left unanswered. I followed similar threads for the past few years and this year's thread is by far the most supportive, informative and decent. You are a great group of DIS'rs. Kudos to you! Hope everyone ends up with the best WDW vacation they could wish for. pixiedust:
Right back at ya!!!

Could not have said it better and ITA!! I've gotten so much helpful information and advice since I started following this group and I find myself checking in even when I don't have a trip planned just to keep up to date with what's going on and even to enjoy some of the banter between the posters. If you're planning a trip soon, I hope it's filled with magic for you as well! :disrocks:

What number did you call? I had called the regular number a few times before and was told no. I called the Bounceback number today and within 20 minutes everything was changed. Try 407-939-1923 good luck!

I called the main number, waited on hold, then get transferred to some other guest relations. At this point there is NO availability showing for BC/YC for 8/15. We won't change resorts because my kids are now very excited for SAB. Was the website showing any availability for the dates you switched too? Depending on your answer I may call again lol. For the 100th time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter