******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Samsteel!

this thread has been keeping me sane all day.. I have spent about 7 hours today downloading, sorting and deleting my past 2 disney vacations. I am so bad I have pictures from 2015 I havent printed yet... and for some reason it takes forever to upload to my print service. In between uploads I have been checking this thread and it's been fun repsonding.. kept me sane today.

I called the main number, waited on hold, then get transferred to some other guest relations. At this point there is NO availability showing for BC/YC for 8/15. We won't change resorts because my kids are now very excited for SAB. Was the website showing any availability for the dates you switched too? Depending on your answer I may call again lol. For the 100th time lol.
No WL is showing all booked except a club level yet they made it work! I'd try again!

the cabins,
PoR
CSR in a junior suite
ASMu family suite
AoA

and deluxes BC, Poly not sure about the rest.

Im debating if we should stay at cbr also with just QS DP.The gift cards are nice but I dont want to be in construction zone.Why are you having doubts may I ask?

I didn't quote the post but as far as days to travel we always just maximize our time off work. Which means traveling weekend d to weekend. Typically we go on a Saturday and drive home on the next Sunday.

Not before free dining. Your check in date has to be during FD. You can extend your dates after but not before. You would need two different reservations.
Someone else help on the ticket situation. If you do 1 room only and 1 FD can you use the FD tickets earlier?
Yes.. We used ours 3 days earlier last year.

I've been lurking here since the thread started and I just have to applaud all the DIS'rs who contribute daily to the thread and have helped out so many people. Many questions and scenarios are complicated and I have no doubt that people have greatly appreciated the assistance and patience shown. Regardless of how FD works out this year, you should all give yourselves a big round of applause for being so kind & decent to others. This thread really shows the generosity and caring spirit of the DIS. People could hoard information hoping for an edge should FD drop. Instead, everyone here has tried so hard to help out anyone who asks. No question has been too simple. And no tough question has been left unanswered. I followed similar threads for the past few years and this year's thread is by far the most supportive, informative and decent. You are a great group of DIS'rs. Kudos to you! Hope everyone ends up with the best WDW vacation they could wish for. pixiedust:

It really is a great group of people! For me, it is also nice just to know I'm not alone. My husband doesn't get it AT ALL. LOL.

May I ask for some opinions on our dates?

We are currently booked at Pop for December 7 through December 13. My thinking was that it would be cheaper to fly on a Thursday and Wednesday vs. weekend dates, and hopefully less crowded. However, DD would be missing 5 days of school (1st grade), which I feel a little bad about.

We are flexible for December leading up to Christmas, so we can change for FD if needed. I was recently thinking about Dec. 14 or 15 through Dec. 20 or 21 as another option, because then DD would only miss 3 or 4 days (and leading right up to break, so they won't be heavy work days). Drawbacks include slightly more expensive room, probably more expensive flights, and I assume more crowded at WDW? Would the crowds be drastically different from 12/7-12/13 vs. 12/14-12/20? Which set would you choose?

Dumb question- for those of you booking it now just to have it reserved so all you have to do is modify- are you going ahead and adding all the extras like PH and your DP? Or just doing the minimum- like room and tickets?

Does it even matter?

We are currently booked at Pop for December 7 through December 13. My thinking was that it would be cheaper to fly on a Thursday and Wednesday vs. weekend dates, and hopefully less crowded. However, DD would be missing 5 days of school (1st grade), which I feel a little bad about.

We are flexible for December leading up to Christmas, so we can change for FD if needed. I was recently thinking about Dec. 14 or 15 through Dec. 20 or 21 as another option, because then DD would only miss 3 or 4 days (and leading right up to break, so they won't be heavy work days). Drawbacks include slightly more expensive room, probably more expensive flights, and I assume more crowded at WDW? Would the crowds be drastically different from 12/7-12/13 vs. 12/14-12/20? Which set would you choose?

I would choose the least disruption to your daughter's schooling regardless of price, crowds, etc.... But that's just me. I hate it when my kids miss school. I feel guilty and I can't enjoy myself leading up to the trip.

I would choose the least disruption to your daughter's schooling regardless of price, crowds, etc.... But that's just me. I hate it when my kids miss school. I feel guilty and I can't enjoy myself leading up to the trip.

I am the exact opposite, especially for a first grader. They aren't going to miss anything critical that can't be made up or caught up on. To me when planning a Disney trip cost and crowds are at the top of the list.

Do the stars usually do a long stint as narrator or one offs?
I reckon Lin Manuel Miranda will do one if that's the case. He's made a massive cultural impact since late last year - Hamilton and his Disney projects - Moana and Little Mermaid music, filming Mary Poppins. Plus he's a well-known Disney nut.
Oh girl, from your lips to Mickey's ears.

I agree. I'm already planning to stay offsite next time. Pool and hot tub baby!!
I sadly have to say I agree as well. I think lost of folks will be making alternative plans as we continue to see the FD reshaped. None of us are sure this will be the case this year but people seem to be preparing for this eventuality. And I don't believe it will effect Disney's popularity. Sad though, because it will affect those with less means the most, especially those who have been enjoying staying in the parks for many years.

Personally I'd stay with the arrival on December 7. Also would not worry about a first grader missing 5 days of school. Honestly feel that way about any grade for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter