Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

So this is definitely the most popular race weekend, right? It looks like everything is going to fill up on the first day, which hasn't been happening lately...

I think Avengers & Star Wars sold out pretty quickly, right? (I dunno, I haven't run those, but from what I heard they were pretty popular since 1) They're DLR races, and 2) They were inaugural races.)

So this is definitely the most popular race weekend, right? It looks like everything is going to fill up on the first day, which hasn't been happening lately...

I agree, this one is the fastest seller lately. I am surprised the 10k and GSC aren't gone yet. My poor Avengers half in November looks like it may stay available unless they drop the price or do some special gimmick, but this race appears ready to sell out by the end of the day...the week for sure.

And is it me or does this one have the most technical glitches? I tend to be free around noon most days, so I have a habit of watching the Disboards on registrations days whether Im in for a particular race or not. I feel like PHM has the most trouble...but maybe it's because it usually directly effects me. Luckily this year I got everyone in during pre-registration. Last year I was close to vomitting with the level of responsibility of getting my sister in with all the site crashes that were happening!

Last edited:
I think Avengers & Star Wars sold out pretty quickly, right? (I dunno, I haven't run those, but from what I heard they were pretty popular since 1) They're DLR races, and 2) They were inaugural races.)
Avengers is still open for this year and Star Wars JUST sold out. Everything filled up fast for their inaugural years but not as fast for their second years.

Another HUGE thanks to those who posted active.com links!! I had a very disappointing pre-registration experience two weeks ago - tried to register at noon on the dot as AP-holder while ON Disney property AT Disney Institute, and failed. Boo. But today, I'm so happy to be registered for the GSC! I was also able to register our kids - one for the GSC, one for the 10K and one for the 1-mile kids' run. Really appreciate those who took the time to post links and updates to this thread!!!

For the first page, I decided to run just GSC, but no 5K. Love to run, but none of my kids were interested in the 5K this time and three mornings in a row would make me sleepy.

Hooray to everyone who got in!

My two best friends got registered today, so we are now all set for a fun girls' weekend trip! I can't wait.

Anyone know why the Pasta Party isn't on sale yet? It's on the site, but no link to purchase tickets?

Avengers is still open for this year and Star Wars JUST sold out. Everything filled up fast for their inaugural years but not as fast for their second years.

I wonder if people are just running out of money. More races, higher costs. I know some people are holding out for Paris. I would love to do Paris, but got a quick reality check when I started checking airfare.

So... the good news- we were able to register all 4 family members. The bad news- it looks like we botched the registrations. One of our daughters is registered twice, and somehow we registered my wife twice two but under my name (no idea). Any advice on fixing that?
Thanks!

You want to talk about a mini heart attack? I am a teacher and drove to school this morning because the internet is more reliable there than at home, USUALLY. At 10 minutes until 12, it crashed (which was why all of a sudden I couldnt get in to active or runDisney)! I played with it for 3 minutes then drove like a crazy person back home. :drive: Got home at 10 after 12 and was relieved 15 minutes later when I got hubby and I into the PHM! Pixie Dust to all who got in! Now I need a nap...or a drink. :scared:

I wonder if people are just running out of money. More races, higher costs. I know some people are holding out for Paris. I would love to do Paris, but got a quick reality check when I started checking airfare.
I definitely think you are on to something. They were bound to price people out eventually. Plus, they had a ton of registrations around the same time, one right after another. That's a lot of cash to plunk down so close together.
So... the good news- we were able to register all 4 family members. The bad news- it looks like we botched the registrations. One of our daughters is registered twice, and somehow we registered my wife twice two but under my name (no idea). Any advice on fixing that?
Thanks!
If you log into your Active.com account, go to Order History - there's an option to "edit registration" or something similar. If you can't do it there, I'd call or email runDisney.

Thanks!
Happened to me last year with race retreat. I called runDisney and told them about what happened. Since I had already paid, they switched the registration names for me no problem.

You want to talk about a mini heart attack? I am a teacher and drove to school this morning because the internet is more reliable there than at home, USUALLY. At 10 minutes until 12, it crashed (which was why all of a sudden I couldnt get in to active or runDisney)! I played with it for 3 minutes then drove like a crazy person back home. :drive: Got home at 10 after 12 and was relieved 15 minutes later when I got hubby and I into the PHM! Pixie Dust to all who got in! Now I need a nap...or a drink. :scared:
Drink sounds good! I still haven't eaten my lunch yet because I just cannot calm down/sit still. :faint:

Like...I KNEW runDisney would crash, because it happens for every race. But it's still SO STRESSFUL. And I can't believe Active.com was crashing too. Insanity.

Last edited:
Drink sounds good! I still haven't eaten my lunch yet because I just cannot calm down/sit still. :faint:

Like...I KNEY runDisney would crash, because it happens for every race. But it's still SO STRESSFUL. And I can't believe Active.com was crashing too. Insanity.
Seriously! And I thought the stress for my upcoming PhD defense was bad...

Hooray to everyone who got in!

My two best friends got registered today, so we are now all set for a fun girls' weekend trip! I can't wait.

Anyone know why the Pasta Party isn't on sale yet? It's on the site, but no link to purchase tickets?

I was wondering that, too, because the rD page shows that it's 1% full (could be a glitch), but there's nowhere to purchase tickets for it. I even did a mock 5K entry on active.com's website to see if it was one of the final registration steps that I missed during the 12pm frenzy, but nope, wasn't there, either. I was wanting to update that info in Post #1, since I was able to get prices for the Breakfast today, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter