"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's it like staking out a spot for the shows? Are there good spots where it is less jammed and don't have to arrive more than 30 min in advance? Can we move around? Can one of us walk away and come back if we have to go to the bathroom or something? Do I need to be worried about whether my 4 year old can see if we can't pick her up?

I'm not really able to stand in a single spot for a long period without moving around (it's painful) so I am wondering what my options are.

Ok, just a few days now before attending the MNSSHP and getting excited. Just want to make sure I get some kind of plan for what I want to do. Captain Jack Sparrow is in adventureland, is it marked off in advance where he will be? Where in adventureland will he be. Also trying to fit in 7 Dwarfs and a meal at Crystal Palace and the parade.

Ok, just a few days now before attending the MNSSHP and getting excited. Just want to make sure I get some kind of plan for what I want to do. Captain Jack Sparrow is in adventureland, is it marked off in advance where he will be? Where in adventureland will he be. Also trying to fit in 7 Dwarfs and a meal at Crystal Palace and the parade.
On the stage where he does his pirate tutorial during the day. Unless it rains, then he will be right across the way, next to the POC queue.

Hit up the dwarfs first, then head to Jack. After you meet Jack, you can find a spot for the first parade in frontierland.

A 4 PM ADR would be ideal - get that out of the way before the party starts!

My boss is there now. I know that I was just there 2 weeks ago but I'm soooo jealous. Especially since they are doing tonight's party also. They did Tuesday and then tonight. Its her fav party and the kids love it so she said why not. Ahhh, I cannot wait to go back next year.

He is directly across from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride

I thinks this is the first time I've seen this happen. Disney just added CM discounted dates for parties on the 23,25,27 and 28 at $63 for adults $60 for children, they really want all these dates to sell out. I mean I don't blame them I just never saw this happen before, this late in the season

I thinks this is the first time I've seen this happen. Disney just added CM discounted dates for parties on the 23,25,27 and 28 at $63 for adults $60 for children, they really want all these dates to sell out. I mean I don't blame them I just never saw this happen before, this late in the season
WOW.

I will say, the two parties we were attended last week had very light crowds. We did 2 parties in 2014 on almost the exact same dates, and both were sellouts.

Wow! They really priced themselves out this year!

We got a message last night in our Disney hotel room telling us about tonight's party and where/when we could buy tickets. Seems like them have to drum up ticket sales with the current prices.

While I am happy to hear that CMs can get some good discounts to attend these later parties, I am also a bit worried about attending my first ever MNSSHP while it's super crowded.

We went last night and had a GREAT time! It was our first time and we just loved it! We have passes, so it was hard to justify the added cost but our daughter decided that's what she wanted to do for her 5th birthday.

The crowds were average, not the lowest I've seen but not the worst either. The ride lines were all very short, though we only rode two rides. We were able to get a spot on the hub grass for Hallowishes at about 9:45 and then found a spot for the 11:15 parade at 11:00 in Frontierland. Our kids are 2.5 and 5 and they had such a good time! I think we will definitely do it again next year.

We went on Tuesday (10/18) and loved it! We got there right at 4:00pm and left at 1:00am. We were in costume and got so much attention from cast members and even other guests. We saw a lot of other family costumes, too. Ride wait times were at 0 (except Peter Pan/SDMT), so we were able to ride everything we wanted...and a few things twice. Photo lines and character meets were pretty long lines (25 mins plus), so we didn't mess with them. We ended up in Liberty Square during the fireworks, and it was amazing. Instead of watching with hundreds of others in front of the castle, we had the square all to ourselves. The fireworks surrounded us! We sat at Sleepy Hollow for the 11:15pm parade. We weren't front row curb, but we had a great view as they crossed the bridge and we were close enough for the characters to interact with us. To top it off, as we were leaving, we stopped at the Main Street Bakery for a MNSSHP cupake. Long story short, the cast members rectified a silly sold-out situation with two courtesy cupcakes and a bag full of Starbucks brownies and cookies! Customer service was top notch! This was our first MNSSHP, and we definitely will do again in the years to come.

P.S. We left with 8 lbs of M&Ms, Skittles, Dove bars, Starbursts, and Peeps. We hit each trick-or-treat spot only once.

P.P.S. I really wanted a MNSSHP magnet, but couldn't find one anywhere. Any clue if this even exists?

(I can't figure out how to add photos, so here's my FB post) https://www.facebook.com/whitneyreuschling/posts/10102508755900204

Last edited:
Last night was our party night...we had a GREAT time! Currently waiting on DME to take us to the airport. I didn't think crowds were bad at all last night. We rode a bunch or rides, did a few trick or treat spots, some shopping, and then got a spot on the plaza lawn for celebrate the magic, etc. went from there to liberty square to watch the parade, then got in line and waited about 30 min for Jack and Sally also did some magic shots on our way out. The only time it was crowded at all was walking from the plaza to liberty square after the fireworks - lots of people trying to leave so we were kind of going "against" traffic. Sad to be leaving but we had a great trip!

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. If I want to avoid the crowds entering the park at 4 for MNSSHP, what time should we arrive? I have park tickets as well as my party tickets. Would 3:30 be good? Thanks!

We arrived with the masses around 3:50. Those using party tickets were told to enter on the right. Visitors with regular tickets were allowed to enter on the left. We have annual passes so we walked through on the left. There was no line. Once inside we were able to get out party bands.

I will have the pleasure of being able to report about the Halloween Parties from both coasts..We went to Mickeys Halloween Party here at Disneyland this past weds night and stayed at the Grand Californian. We arrive to the Grand Floridian on Oct.27 for my sons home grown Make a Wish trip...We will go your MNNSHP on Halloween night! First big difference to report is that our fireworks are often cancelled due to weather/winds...which did happen sadly. More to report soon if this forum is the correct one to share?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter