• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
14753376_1082116825191207_9054118044472964075_o.jpg

WOW! Only 5 more MNSSHPs to go! 5D until I'm Home! :maleficen
I just love when my In-Box has Mickey Mail!

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 1.50.07 PM.png

My Itinerary & Credential Pick UP Info!

And another Mickey email this afternoon. This one also included info about MNSSHp, F&W, IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party and DME info, as well as MB info.

Can't Stop This Feeling! :dancer:

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 1.59.23 PM.png

We had such a blast last night! We loved it last year, but were on the fence about going this year until some friends invited us to a group outing. So glad we went, because we liked it even more this time. It didn't seem as crowded this year to either of us. We watched all 3 shows, got way too much candy, and even walked on to SDMT!
DSC03643_zpsajcwdftx.jpg

DSC03651_zpslfosmuef.jpg

I'm so excited for my first Halloween party ever on Halloween night! Does anyone know if you can get party exclusive merchandise starting at 4 PM? Or do I have to wait until 7 PM? Thanks!

I'm so excited for my first Halloween party ever on Halloween night! Does anyone know if you can get party exclusive merchandise starting at 4 PM? Or do I have to wait until 7 PM? Thanks!
You can get party merchandise before 7. My husband went to get t shirts and a pin while I waited in line for the seven dwarves at like 5:45 or so.

Oh my! So help! where should we sit for the parade and hallowishes? I don't really care we just want to be able to see! :)

We sat in the (fake) grass area in front of the Plaza restaurant for celebrate the magic and Hallowishes, then we got a spot a little bit down from Hall of Presidents (right at the turn from Frontierland to Liberty Square for Boo to you. I thought it was a great spot cause you could see the parade coming toward you and the whole time while it made the turn!

Not sure if this was already answered. In the past they have shut off the water cannon on splash mountain during the party, presumably so as to not get your costumes wet and it is chilly. Do you still get wet on the new pirates of the Caribbean boats or did they fix that?

We sat in the (fake) grass area in front of the Plaza restaurant for celebrate the magic and Hallowishes, then we got a spot a little bit down from Hall of Presidents (right at the turn from Frontierland to Liberty Square for Boo to you. I thought it was a great spot cause you could see the parade coming toward you and the whole time while it made the turn!

We were at the same parade spot and it was great! I think we staked out our spot around 7:25 and the interaction being in the front row was so much fun.

Not sure if this was already answered. In the past they have shut off the water cannon on splash mountain during the party, presumably so as to not get your costumes wet and it is chilly. Do you still get wet on the new pirates of the Caribbean boats or did they fix that?

We got wet on POTC on Sunday. I was a little worried when they put us in the front row, but I thought we'd be fine since it was just me and my two little ones (meaning the boat wasn't front-heavy). We didn't get soaked, but it was a good sized splash across all three of us. My parents also got pretty wet when they were seated in the front row earlier in the day. All of us were more wet then we had been after riding Splash Mountain. I would definitely avoid the front row if you want to stay dry.

My family of 5 attended the party on Friday Oct 21st.

I must say, it was a bit underwhelming. We did enter the park right at 4:pm, maybe 4:03, and we stayed past midnight.

I felt as though it was very crowded. For it being a special ticketed event, it just seemed as crowded as a regular capacity day. I know the closer to Halloween the more crowded it would be, but there were certain areas that just seemed packed.

I also felt they were a bit stingy with the candy on our night. We each went to every single barrel in each line and some lines we went through several times. There were many CMs giving exactly 1 piece per person. we did not fill our bags. I was a tad surprised by this, as I have been reading they have been generous with the candy and were even passing out again on the way to the exit gates. I also felt like the lines were a tad long for the amount of time spent waiting. I feel like this was our downfall and did not experience as much as we could have waiting in lines.

Lastly, I couldn't believe some of the costumes people were let in wearing.

For the halloween party fireworks are the old fireworks FP+ areas just open to the public or still reserved?

My family of 5 attended the party on Friday Oct 21st.

I must say, it was a bit underwhelming. We did enter the park right at 4:pm, maybe 4:03, and we stayed past midnight.

I felt as though it was very crowded. For it being a special ticketed event, it just seemed as crowded as a regular capacity day. I know the closer to Halloween the more crowded it would be, but there were certain areas that just seemed packed.

I also felt they were a bit stingy with the candy on our night. We each went to every single barrel in each line and some lines we went through several times. There were many CMs giving exactly 1 piece per person. we did not fill our bags. I was a tad surprised by this, as I have been reading they have been generous with the candy and were even passing out again on the way to the exit gates. I also felt like the lines were a tad long for the amount of time spent waiting. I feel like this was our downfall and did not experience as much as we could have waiting in lines.

Lastly, I couldn't believe some of the costumes people were let in wearing.

We were at the same party and quite the opposite experience. I did think it was crowded from 4-7 with the mix of day guests and party guests, but after that I didn't think it was bad at all. Maybe it just depends on what you wanted to get accomplished - I know we weren't really in it for meeting the characters so we only met Lotso and Jack & Sally. We only trick-or-treated through the spot inside storybook circus and the spot around where the 7 dwarfs used to meet in Fantasyland and got quite a bit of candy - our bags weren't full, but we had enough for the two of us. There were lines for the trick-or-treat spots, but they moved right along for us. The HUB area was crowded before and after Hallowishes, but other than that we didn't really have any trouble moving around and all the rides we wanted to ride were walk-on after 7 aside from Peter Pan, SDMT, and Haunted Mansion. Maybe I had low expectations?

Our first ever party is on Friday and we're so excited!

:yay:

Since it will most likely be packed, I'd love advice on our plan.

4:00- 6:30- Rides and FP’s
6:30- 7:15- Be first few in line and meet Pooh and Friends
7:15- 8:15- Meet Minnie, Donald, and Daisy
8:15- 9:30- Meet Cruella
9:30- 10:15- Spot for Wishes (In front of Plaza if possible)
10:45- 11:15- Spot for Parade (Fronteirland or near Hall of Presidents?)
12:00- Castle Show

Hopefully the characters are a bit faster, but I'd rather plan for the worse case!

Any tips/recommendations would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter