• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:offtopic: Off Topic

I’ve been planning this trip with all of you for several months now and have had the pleasure of reading your trip reports as you’ve returned back home.

I sincerely appreciate all the heartfelt best wishes during my husband “Last Chemo Bag”. Unfortunately my mother’s health has taken a turn for the worst and we’ll be flying out to be with her instead of going to WDW.

I wanted you to know as this too has been home for me. There are some really great people here on this thread and I hope they become a staple.

I’ll be cancelling the following tomorrow All reservations are for THREE ADULTS. If you are interested please PM me and I will coordinate with you.

Again thank you so much for your generosity and I wish you the best always. :thanks:

EDIT: 10/19 - GONE: Monday, Oct 31 MK 4pm - Be Our Guest
Edit: 10/19 - GONE:
Thursday, Oct. 27 MK 12:35 - Liberty Tree Tavern
Friday, Oct. 28 HS 5:15pm – Club Villain
Saturday, Oct. 29 MK 8:45p – W. Fireworks Dessert Party Garden View $59pp
Sunday, Oct. 30 Epcot 4:40pm - Beaches & Cream (lunch menu)

Last edited:

I’ve been planning this trip with all of you for several months now and have had the pleasure of reading your trip reports as you’ve returned back home.

I sincerely appreciate all the heartfelt best wishes during my husband “Last Chemo Bag”. Unfortunately my mother’s health has taken a turn for the worst and we’ll be flying out to be with her instead of going to WDW.

I wanted you to know as this too has been home for me. There are some really great people here on this thread and I hope they become a staple.

I’ll be cancelling the following tomorrow All reservations are for THREE ADULTS. If you are interested please PM me and I will coordinate with you.

Monday, Oct 31 MK 4pm - Be Our Guest

Again thank you so much for your generosity and I wish you the best always. :thanks:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you have to cancel. Prayers and pixie dust for your family. Disney will always be waiting for you! :hug:

Back from our weekend trip and in serious withdrawal! Did parties on both 10/14 and 10/16 and thought crowds were very light at both. Managed to accomplish everything we wanted to do at the parties, except meet the Tweedles (since DS5 refused once he saw that they met with the "Queen with the mad face" - LOL).

Friday night we arrived at the park around 5, rode 7DMT with our FP then headed to a 5:30 ADR at Skipper's Canteen. Unfortunately, we waited 30 minutes to be seated (!) so got a bit of a late start to the party. Our plan had been to head right to Jack Sparrow after dinner, but we ended up missing the cut off for his first set. So we rode Pirates instead, did some ToT'ing in Adventureland, then were 2nd in line for his 2nd set. After that we rode HM, did the magic shot there, more ToTing then got a spot in the plaza gardens for CTM and Hallowishes. Lots of room still around 9:45. After the fireworks, moved to Fantasyland for trick or treating, picked up poison apple steins at Gaston's, magic shot by LM (and rode the ride). Then ToT in Tomorrowland, rode Space Mountain, met Lotso (10 minute wait) and grabbed a curbside spot for the second parade at the end of Main Street around 11:00. Got out HH magic shot on our way out (though no HH in our photo - so need to contact them!).

Sunday night we had a 4:15 ADR at BOG then headed directly to dwarf line. Arrived around 5:30 and were maybe 15 parties ahead of us. They came out right at 6:15 and we were done by 6:30. Headed directly to the Pooh M&G, maybe 10th in line, made their first set no problem. Were done by 7:30. Jumped on the Tea Cups right there, then went to meet Snow White. She had NO LINE!! Had such a great interaction (we were dressed as Snow, Evil Queen and 2 dwarfs). PP photog took 40 pictures at the M&G!! Also could have had a second row seat for the first parade down most of Main Street - I was shocked. We watched the HH ride, then hit up some rides (Pirates, HM, small world) and more ToTing. We also caught the Hocus Pocus show somewhere in there and watched Hallowishes from behind the castle - then jumped right on SDMT with perhaps a 15 minute wait. Rode Pooh then grabbed snacks and caught the 2nd parade again. Passed Jack & Sally around 11 and there were only about 20 people in line (but we met them 2 years ago, so didn't stop). Also noticed about a 10 minute wait for Tarzan, Jane and Terk around 8:30, but kids had no interest in stopping.

All in all, thought the crowd levels were great and we got a lot accomplished. Feel free to ask any questions! Here are a few pics, too!
View attachment 201798 View attachment 201799 View attachment 201800 View attachment 201801 View attachment 201802
Looks like you had a great time, awesome pics! Do you remember what time Jack Sparrow arrived for his 2nd set? And does the second parade start in Main St and return to Frontierland? I know post #1 says it starts in Frontierland but I've been told the 2nd parade is reverse. I want to try to catch it where it starts. Thanks!

You have many folks sending up best wishes for all- and I totally know the disappointment of a long awaited trip being cancelled .

So sorry to hear this! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Looks like you had a great time, awesome pics! Do you remember what time Jack Sparrow arrived for his 2nd set? And does the second parade start in Main St and return to Frontierland? I know post #1 says it starts in Frontierland but I've been told the 2nd parade is reverse. I want to try to catch it where it starts. Thanks!
His second set started right about 8. We lined up perhaps 10-15 minutes prior?

The parade route is the same both times - starts from Frontierland and ends by the flagpole on Main Street.

Have a great time!!

Prayers going out for your mother and your family! We will all be here waiting for news.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Disney will be there waiting for your next trip, which I'm sure will be magical.

I'm sorry about your husband and mother...and agree with smitch that Disney will wait for you :hug:

Just wanted to share an observation from last Mon...

We've been to several parties at the beginning and end of Oct, but this past party (Oct 10) was the first time I felt sort of out of place in a costume. I'd say a good 60-70% (maybe higher?) were not dressed up. Is that normal for the beginning of Oct? I honestly don't remember. We haven't been at the beginning of Oct since 2012, so I guess a majority dress up closer to Halloween?

Also, I noticed that the CM's (particularly candy) faces lit up when guests in costume came through. Maybe because there weren't that many.

Edit: 10/19 - GONE:
Oh no! Im so sorry to hear this! Prayers your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter