Official 2015 Quick Service Meal Substitutions *Post Here*

1) I'm wondering the same as a couple of other people about the QS credits. Are they starting to identify the QS meals as "child" or "adult"?
We share a lot of adult meals and I don't want to be left with several child meals.

2) I called Disney dining and asked if the meals were assigned to each magicband or if one person could order and "pay" for QS while we corralled the kids at a table. The dining person from Disney told me each person has to scan their own band to "pay" from the same family. This is wrong, right?

1) I'm wondering the same as a couple of other people about the QS credits. Are they starting to identify the QS meals as "child" or "adult"?
We share a lot of adult meals and I don't want to be left with several child meals.

2) I called Disney dining and asked if the meals were assigned to each magicband or if one person could order and "pay" for QS while we corralled the kids at a table. The dining person from Disney told me each person has to scan their own band to "pay" from the same family. This is wrong, right?

1- Not 100% sure... It's been too long for me to comment.

2- That is NOT true! We place an order for the family and one person scans their band to pay. Maybe they thought the family members were on different accounts (I hope that's why they gave such bad info)?!

Can you tell them that you want them to ring a Child QS Credit for an Adult QS meal? My 4 year old eats like a horse, and although he would be happy with the kids' entrees at BOG lunch, he really wants a cupcake which I don't think is offered if you're ordering on the kids menu. (I think they just get a cookie or something?)

Can you tell them that you want them to ring a Child QS Credit for an Adult QS meal? My 4 year old eats like a horse, and although he would be happy with the kids' entrees at BOG lunch, he really wants a cupcake which I don't think is offered if you're ordering on the kids menu. (I think they just get a cookie or something?)

It doesn't matter what credit you use, if you order a kid's meal you will not get a cupcake. Order him an adult meal or use one of your adult drink entitlements for an extra cupcake.

It doesn't matter what credit you use, if you order a kid's meal you will not get a cupcake. Order him an adult meal or use one of your adult drink entitlements for an extra cupcake.

OK, so would you recommend preordering the two adult meals and then when we get there just tell them we want to use one child credit and one adult credit? Or are QS credits just listed as completely interchangeable in the system now? I know what the official policy is, just wondering how it's being implemented IRL.

OK, so would you recommend preordering the two adult meals and then when we get there just tell them we want to use one child credit and one adult credit? Or are QS credits just listed as completely interchangeable in the system now? I know what the official policy is, just wondering how it's being implemented IRL.

QS credits are all pooled. No difference between adults and children. So I'd just order 2 adult meals and not say anything when they scan your band. :)

QS credits are all pooled. No difference between adults and children. So I'd just order 2 adult meals and not say anything when they scan your band. :)
How would this work if you have the Deluxe Plan though? I have child and adult TS credits. If I use them for QS and get two adult meals wouldn't they come off of adult if I didn't specify they were for a child? Or is EVERYTHING pooled now that kids on Deluxe can order from the adult menu?

How would this work if you have the Deluxe Plan though? I have child and adult TS credits. If I use them for QS and get two adult meals wouldn't they come off of adult if I didn't specify they were for a child? Or is EVERYTHING pooled now that kids on Deluxe can order from the adult menu?

All counter service credits (child and adult) now show as adult credits on all dining plans. The table service credits will be separated into child and adult credits.

So, at a counter service it doesn't matter if you order a child's meal or adult meal...they are all considered the same.

Table service...make sure you order child or adult meals accordingly as they differentiate them on all dining plans.

Does anyone know if I could get this at Columbia Harbor for 1 QS credit:

vegetarian chili
fries
dessert

Thanks!

All counter service credits (child and adult) now show as adult credits on all dining plans. The table service credits will be separated into child and adult credits.

So, at a counter service it doesn't matter if you order a child's meal or adult meal...they are all considered the same.

Table service...make sure you order child or adult meals accordingly as they differentiate them on all dining plans.
Yes but what I am asking is I can use them interchangeably since I have deluxe they are all TS credits so if I use them at a QS I will have to tell them it's for child/adult right? So that I don't end up with leftover child and not enough adult credits?

Yes but what I am asking is I can use them interchangeably since I have deluxe they are all TS credits so if I use them at a QS I will have to tell them it's for child/adult right? So that I don't end up with leftover child and not enough adult credits?

I see what you're saying now. I still don't think it matters, but I can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Sorry! :)

I see what you're saying now. I still don't think it matters, but I can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Sorry! :)
I will probably just double and triple confirm with each CM that they are doing it right and check my receipts afterwards because I'm paranoid like that, but it would be so much easier if there was just a pool of credits for the family and not have to worry about that!

Does anyone know if I could get this at Columbia Harbor for 1 QS credit:

vegetarian chili
fries
dessert

Thanks!

You SHOULD be able to, but that provision is actually not written anywhere in Disney's literature. This was one of the rumored changes that did not show up in black and white, but people have been doing it not only at resorts (which has been doable for years), but also at some of the F&W booths. My advice is just to ask. If they say no, be prepared for what you want to do.

Just an aside, if you are allowed to do it, you are losing about $5 of value for that QS credit.

Got back last week. Was able to sub soup for drinks at BOG, Pepper Market, and Pecos Bill. Subbed garlic knots for dessert at Pinocchio's VH. Slushes were also subbed for drinks at Pecos Bills. I did not do meticulous math, but each QS was in the $20-22 range OOP.

Got back last week. Was able to sub soup for drinks at BOG, Pepper Market, and Pecos Bill. Subbed garlic knots for dessert at Pinocchio's VH. Slushes were also subbed for drinks at Pecos Bills. I did not do meticulous math, but each QS was in the $20-22 range OOP.
Thanks for the info!

I ordered a slush at Cosmic Rays as a dessert and exchanged the soup for the drink at Be Our Guest. Mara let us substitute the drink for another snack/dessert.

Just got back and had no trouble doing any substitutions. Substituted at Pecos Bills (twice - soup instead of dessert) and Be Our Guest lunch (soup instead of dessert). Also had a couple instances where wasn't hungry enough for dessert and Cast Member gave us a bottle of water as our "dessert".

just finishing up trip ... no issues, except for at Typhoon Lagoon, but they did allow it. Swapped both drink and dessert often for other items listed as snack credits.

Just got back from 10 nights of the DDP (our first time, we have used the DxDDP twice), and I thought I would give you my experience with substituting at the QS restaurants I can remember.

Pepper Market: Most of the cashiers are aware of the changes, but even those who are aware get confused. I was able to substitute dessert, and drinks at when we wanted, for extra fries or other sides. They would not let us use soup as a substitute, but they said a side salad was fine. I did have an issue with substituting a bag of chips for fries on a child's cheesburger meal, but a manager walked out at just that moment and said of course we could do the switch. We were able to get three pastries for one quick service meal.

Casey's Corner: We were able to get extra fries instead of dessert, but it took the cashier asking another cast member, because she flat out said it wasn't possible.

Backlot Express: We were able to substitute dessert for fries no problem.

Quick Service at the Outpost in World Showcase: We got a hot dog and chips meal with two icees.

Starbucks (Epcot and MK locations): We were able to get three venti drinks for one QS meal.

Goofy's Candy Store: Three snacks for one QS meal.

Main Street Confectionery: Three snacks for one QS meal.

German QS: Three sides (potato salad, pretzel and nodel gratin) instead of meal. YUMM I am craving the Nodel Gratin right now! It took a manager to show the cashier how to ring it up, but they knew it could be done.

Even with the substituting this will probably be the last time we do the dining plan, we found out we really are eating less during our stays and we would rather have a quick breakfast in the room, which pains me as I am a dining plan lover. On the day before we left we had 16 QS credits, 11 snacks and 4 TS credits left! I used a lot of our QS credits to get Goofy's Candy Bags and Chip & Dale snack mixes to bring home, which I wouldn't have paid for if I had a choice.

On the day before we left we had 16 QS credits, 11 snacks and 4 TS credits left!

I hope you had free dining!! Some of your subs were a poor value for the QS meal as well. You could get the same OOP for less than the QS credit cost you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter