Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

What corral will I end up for Goofy if I put a proof of time of 2:10 for a half and an expected full marathon time of 4:40.

Looks like my wife missed her window to register for the half. We registered on 5/13 last year and had a few days to spare. Shocked that it filled up so much faster this year. Any idea why?

There's no guarantee on where any of us will end up for next year. Based on what I read about the 2014 races I'd be surprised if they don't tweak corral placement for Goofy and Dopey runners for the half...and beyond that I think it all depends on what kinds of proof of time they get from the runners that signed up. So last year's assignments should give us an idea but I wouldn't take them as 100% where you'll end up in 2015. :confused3

What corral will I end up for Goofy if I put a proof of time of 2:10 for a half and an expected full marathon time of 4:40.

For the 2014 marathon, I put in around a 2:15 proof of time for a half with an estimated marathon finish of 4:30. That got me into corral H.

I submitted at 2:29 half but put 6:00 as my estimated finish time and was in K.

I think I have mentioned this before but the pacing of the corrals really doesn't matter to me because most people still run at all different paces throughout the race. Everyone always starts off way too fast and run/walkers (like me) are not going a consistent pace the whole time.

I am hoping that the bib carries two corrals like the GSC did this year. That way they can put Goofy and Dopey runners in the appropriate corral for both races

What type of corral would I be placed in for family fun run 5k if I estimated a 11-14 or whatever?

Assuming 5 corrals, this is a D corral.

Looks like my wife missed her window to register for the half. We registered on 5/13 last year and had a few days to spare. Shocked that it filled up so much faster this year. Any idea why?

All race weekends have sold out quickly during the last cycle. It has a lot to do with the new challenge races (Dopey and the 10k+Half for other weekends) and all the hoopla from these new challenges. The other races seem to get caught up in the urgency created by the challenge quick sell outs and they sell out just as quickly. I have a friend whose family has run the January 5k as a family for 17 years straight. They were also caught off guard.... hoping they find a little magic this week

I lost my spot, too. I got into NYC this year, so I wanted to limit myself to the half in January. I'm not crushed because there are certainly other opportunities to run. The Princess is an option, or maybe I'll wait until the Wine and Dine, or consider Disneyland......... :confused3 My DH says we could still come down and just not run.:scared1: He just doesn't get it. :laughing:

I had a 2:15 half, but was in K based on my marathon time. (And I spent much of my time weaving around people and breaking through those who insisted on walking 5 or 6 across.)

...which is a good reason not to submit a marathon time. I submitted a 2:13 half and was in H, and had no problem.

...which is a good reason not to submit a marathon time. I submitted a 2:13 half and was in H, and had no problem.

I had to submit a predicted marathon finish time. I was part of the Dopey runners that got put in a lower corral than they should have been for the half because the full and half corrals don't match up.

This is the first I heard of having two different corrals for Princess (admittedly, I only frequent these boards when I'm running an upcoming race)...I hope that trend continues. I think it's the easiest solution to an obvious "problem."

It didn't stop me from registering for Dopey again, it just made me annoyed for a few miles on Saturday morning. And it sounds like they had an easy fix for PHM weekend, so yay Disney.

I had to submit a predicted marathon finish time. I was part of the Dopey runners that got put in a lower corral than they should have been for the half because the full and half corrals don't match up.

This is the first I heard of having two different corrals for Princess (admittedly, I only frequent these boards when I'm running an upcoming race)...I hope that trend continues. I think it's the easiest solution to an obvious "problem."

It didn't stop me from registering for Dopey again, it just made me annoyed for a few miles on Saturday morning. And it sounds like they had an easy fix for PHM weekend, so yay Disney.

I ran Dopey and thought my half time was used correctly.

Yep, at Princess the Glass Slipper Challenge runners were given one bib for the challenge, and there were two corral assignments...i.e. "A/D" (so corral A for the 10K, D for the half). I wonder if they will do something similar for the Dopey runners - maybe one bib for the 5K/10K with those races' corral assignments listed similarly, then the same for the half/full? :confused3

All race weekends have sold out quickly during the last cycle. It has a lot to do with the new challenge races (Dopey and the 10k+Half for other weekends) and all the hoopla from these new challenges. The other races seem to get caught up in the urgency created by the challenge quick sell outs and they sell out just as quickly. I have a friend whose family has run the January 5k as a family for 17 years straight. They were also caught off guard.... hoping they find a little magic this week

I lost my spot, too. I got into NYC this year, so I wanted to limit myself to the half in January. I'm not crushed because there are certainly other opportunities to run. The Princess is an option, or maybe I'll wait until the Wine and Dine, or consider Disneyland......... :confused3 My DH says we could still come down and just not run.:scared1: He just doesn't get it. :laughing:

Thanks - She is now considering the full marathon, but I am worried about that. She is a Type 1 diabetic and had a low blood sugar incident after the half that required medical attention. The medical team in the tent was AWESOME, but had it happened on the course things could have gone very poorly.

I'm now registered for my first full marathon! I submitted a 1:57 half for proof of time with a 4:45 expected finish time. Being my first full, I really have no expectation other than to finish. My expectations may change once I get further into the training program.

I found a half-marathon in September that coincides exactly with the Galloway Marathon training schedule on the RunDisney site! :banana:

I'm going to work on getting my best time possible on that race so I can have a better corral placement. My last half performance (from 2013) was slow, so I'd like to bump it up if possible!

So excited to be running the 1/2 in January. It will be my second Disney race (PHM in 2013)and I've convinced my brother to run with me. it will be his first race ever! A little nervous because we will be relocating from Europe to the US 2 weeks prior so I'm sure I will be exhausted, but I'm really looking forward to it! Can't wait to see you all there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter