Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I rolled my ankle almost two months ago and am still having issues with it. My Dr. decided to order an X-ray just to be safe. Just had it done this morning. Fingers crossed they don't find anything! I need this pain to go away so I can start working on my mileage!

This might not be a good sign. I got an e-mail from runDisney about preparing for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend. It begins "Welcome Jessica." uh, my name is Debbie. :rolleyes1

Should I be worried?

I got an email that said welcome Caroline and my name is Joanna. Glad I am not the only one. :)

I rolled my ankle almost two months ago and am still having issues with it. My Dr. decided to order an X-ray just to be safe. Just had it done this morning. Fingers crossed they don't find anything! I need this pain to go away so I can start working on my mileage!

Oh no!! Hope nothing big is wrong and it heals fast for you. :hug:

This might not be a good sign. I got an e-mail from runDisney about preparing for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend. It begins "Welcome Jessica." uh, my name is Debbie. :rolleyes1

Should I be worried?

I got an email that said welcome Caroline and my name is Joanna. Glad I am not the only one. :)

I got 2 ~ 1 to my hotmail account and 1 to yahoo and each had a different name. :rotfl2: But on the upside, we're now close enough to where the newsletters are starting to come out!

Run Disney posted on Facebook that Capt. Hook had fun with the email and the new one would be coming out soon.

JoannaK said:

Glad I'm not the only one as well! They called me Raquel and my name is Lauren lol

And mine said Clayton. Thank goodness for the Dis! I was about to panic and cause a seen at the wine and dine expo today! Lol

We got two...Chris and Cardinal. I want to meet Cardinal because I didn't even know that was a name :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Danhockey04 said:
I got one that said Bob, I don't wanna be Bob.

I guess it depends on how fast Bob is. If Bob is fast enough that I can stop for all kinda of pictures and still finish in time, I could be Bob. Lol

I got one for Leslie, my name is Marla!

Has anyone got the new/correct email? I have not and am having trouble viewing my 1/2 marathon registration. I can see my 10k one fine.

LOl I got two...One said Juli and the other said Julie. I'm Kirsten though.

Good news is the X-ray is indeed fine! Off to Sports Medicine today!

I'm going to post this on both threads, so sorry for the repeat... :rolleyes1

I'm sooooo curious as to how it works for spectators. Is the ChEar squad "worth it" and is that the only way to get into the park to watch? What is "grand stand" viewing with the squad packages? Is it hard for family to see the finish (or close)? I want to see my son somewhere along the way! :yay:

I'm going to post this on both threads, so sorry for the repeat... :rolleyes1

I'm sooooo curious as to how it works for spectators. Is the ChEar squad "worth it" and is that the only way to get into the park to watch? What is "grand stand" viewing with the squad packages? Is it hard for family to see the finish (or close)? I want to see my son somewhere along the way! :yay:

The cheat squad is the only way to get into the parks to watch, but aside from that, it's not really essential to view you in different areas. Your family can stand along Harbor towards the Hojo side and see you around Mile 1 before we go in the parks. They can also see us as we cross the promenade from DCA to DL around Mile 3. After that, we exit DL and actually run down DTD b/w 5 1/2 to 6 so they can watch you there as well. For the finish, they can be along DL Dr where we exit the parking lot area of DCA right as we enter the parking lot or they can be in the parking lot at PPH. I can't recall for Tink, but at least for the DL 1/2, the grand stand seating is just a section of bleachers that provide seating. But if your family is okay w/ standing, they should be fine.

Hope that helps!

The cheat squad is the only way to get into the parks to watch, but aside from that, it's not really essential to view you in different areas. Your family can stand along Harbor towards the Hojo side and see you around Mile 1 before we go in the parks. They can also see us as we cross the promenade from DCA to DL around Mile 3. After that, we exit DL and actually run down DTD b/w 5 1/2 to 6 so they can watch you there as well. For the finish, they can be along DL Dr where we exit the parking lot area of DCA right as we enter the parking lot or they can be in the parking lot at PPH. I can't recall for Tink, but at least for the DL 1/2, the grand stand seating is just a section of bleachers that provide seating. But if your family is okay w/ standing, they should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Awesome! Thank you so much!! That's exactly the info I am looking for :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter