Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

We got an email from Active but not from Run Disney.

Officially started training today. 10 weeks!!!

And working on costume.

do they do a cheer squad for the 10K? MY DD and I are doing the 10k and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten it for that?

I booked through an agency as well. Does anyone know if the agency filters the newsletters to you?

On the upside, have volunteered for two shifts for the Tinkerbell - one for the 5 km and also one for the expo.

Now I just need this pain in my hip to go away! :rolleyes2

do they do a cheer squad for the 10K? MY DD and I are doing the 10k and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten it for that?

Not sure about the 10k, b/c it's new for this year, and I can't remember if there was one for the DL 10k in Aug. If there isn't, there'll be places along the course outside of the parks for family & friends to cheer you on. If it's like the 10k for DL, we start and finish at the same place as the 1/2 course for the timing chip. Aside from that, not sure what the course will look like. We did run up the entire route of DTD, so if we do that again, there'll be plenty of space there.

I booked through an agency as well. Does anyone know if the agency filters the newsletters to you?

On the upside, have volunteered for two shifts for the Tinkerbell - one for the 5 km and also one for the expo.

Now I just need this pain in my hip to go away! :rolleyes2

If you pm me your email address, I can send you the one we got last week if you'd like.

Thanks Kim! I need to get chatting on these boards! I only have 6 posts so far (7 now). I appreciate the offer!

Can't wait for Waivers!!!! Anyone remember what date they went out last year? I didn't save mine.

Training is non existent for me at the moment. I see the PT again on Tuesday and I'm hoping she'll say I can start running. Her and my Dr. both swore I could still do Tink weekend so I'm not worried. I'm just adjusting my expectations as far as my time is going to go. I think the 10K will be very very slow for me. Mostly picture taking. But thats ok. I just want that medal!

Can't wait for Waivers!!!! Anyone remember what date they went out last year? I didn't save mine.

Training is non existent for me at the moment. I see the PT again on Tuesday and I'm hoping she'll say I can start running. Her and my Dr. both swore I could still do Tink weekend so I'm not worried. I'm just adjusting my expectations as far as my time is going to go. I think the 10K will be very very slow for me. Mostly picture taking. But thats ok. I just want that medal!

I think last year was about a month out give or take a couple of days. I remember it was better than the year before when we didn't get them until close to the race.

Fingers crossed for running!!

Waivers were available on 12/19 last year.

If I book one of the good neighbor hotels but not through GET, can we still use the shuttle transportation?

For those of you who have done the Tinkerbell Half before, how crowded are the parks that weekend? I'm bringing my kids and want to know what to expect in terms of lines. I know that January is typically not a busy time but with the race and the holiday weekend, I thought it might be pretty busy.

Now that W&D is over, I guess it's time to start thinking about Tink!!! I'm doing the 10K and the half and I have no idea how that's going to go, since I'm taking a month or so off of running starting a few days ago!

I'm heading out with a few friends and we're staying the weekend as a girls' time, so I think it will be awesome!

For those of you who have done the Tinkerbell Half before, how crowded are the parks that weekend? I'm bringing my kids and want to know what to expect in terms of lines. I know that January is typically not a busy time but with the race and the holiday weekend, I thought it might be pretty busy.

It's pretty crowded for that time of the year. After Monday the crowds are pretty light. The good thing about the holiday weekend is the park hours for Sunday and Monday are about the same as Friday and Saturday.

I received an email from Active.com noting my proof of time change. I contacted Track Shack the very last day we were able to send in proof of time and it appears I sent the email in time. If you haven't received a proof of time update from Active - you might want to reach out to Track Shack.

Is everyone getting excited!?

Does anyone think they may offer more spots for Black Friday? I really LOVE the 10 km medal! I just can't justify another race/hotel package! Fingers crossed that they do!

Do you all just love the new disney runners launched this week? I'm not going to bet on getting lucky at the expo, but I do love them!

Doing the Rock n roll vegas tonight and at the expo there were Tink spots available. Tons of people were lined up to sign. They had the medals out for Tink, 10k as well as all the princess, 10k, GSC, pink coast 2 coast........omg. Honestly all of them were way better in person. The new tink one looks much bigger to me.....? Not sure if it is. The pink c2c is amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter