**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

The food prices go down? :rotfl2:That would be great, but not a chance. Yup, glad we start our week on the 25th. We'll be sure to catch HM and the Materhorn that Sunday.

Sorry, I didn't mean ALL of the food prices, but the character meals have their high season and low season prices. We've been in late September and in July and have noticed a difference in prices at character meals. The prices at the onsite hotels drop drastically on the Sunday night, which is why we're switching to DLH on the 24th and not staying there the three nights before. It's over $100 more a night on Saturday the 23rd than Sunday the 24th.

:dance3:Question of the week::dance3:
What is your favourite entertainment in the parks? Or, if you haven't been to DLR before, what entertainment are you most looking forward to?

What is your favourite entertainment in the parks? Or, if you haven't been to DLR before, what entertainment are you most looking forward to?

We are not huge partakers in entertainment as in shows and parades, and fireworks but we are looking forward to World of Color as it looks so cool!! I am also trying to convince DD and DH to watch the Aladin show!

Maybe not a form of entertainment but I'm also looking forward to the castle walk through cuz we've always been to WDW and I always feel ripped off that we cant do a castle tour. lol. Can anyone tell me what to expect from the castle tour? How long and what is inside?

No question for this week? :confused3 Can I post one or do you have one in mind Wakica?

I checked the park hours and it looks like on Monday Aug. 25th they're going into low season mode - no Fantasmic (but there is Fire Works), parks closing at 10pm and 9pm, and only one parade. Hopefully the food prices will go down to low season rates too. No mention of Matterhorn refurb but Haunted Mansion will be down on the 25th, I guess for the Halloween switchover.

So when you say no Fantasmic, what does that mean? Not on weeknights? Was hoping to see Fantasmic on the 28th which is a Thursday. Thanks.

First off, thank you for this massive and informative thread! My girlfriend and I wanted to celebrate Halloween at DLR this year and we wanted to do the whole experience (3 Day Hopper, Mickey's Halloween party, and the Halloween Tour). And this single thread has answered more questions than the Disneyland site!

I'm confused regarding how the ticket to MHP and admission ticket work. I noticed on my forum search, this thread (can't post link to "Halloween at DLR question" by ldymcbth because of low post count) was talking about early entry with the MHP tickets. Don't we need to have admission tickets on top of the MHP tickets? Or am I confusing it with the Halloween Tour?

Oddly enough in the 2 year we have gone the only thing we've seen is Fantasmic. We did catch a back view of WOC from the room at the GCH so I don't count that.

we aren't much on shows and entertainment only because we'd rather be riding the rides. I think we may try for more this year if only to sit down and relax for a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing Aladdin or Mickey and the Magical Map.

Sorry, our trip goes all the way to the 21st.
And my personal favorite is Aladdin, but we always do WoC and Fantasmic, which are both awesome as well! But we're more into the rides, to be honest.

First off, thank you for this massive and informative thread! My girlfriend and I wanted to celebrate Halloween at DLR this year and we wanted to do the whole experience (3 Day Hopper, Mickey's Halloween party, and the Halloween Tour). And this single thread has answered more questions than the Disneyland site!

I'm confused regarding how the ticket to MHP and admission ticket work. I noticed on my forum search, this thread (can't post link to "Halloween at DLR question" by ldymcbth because of low post count) was talking about early entry with the MHP tickets. Don't we need to have admission tickets on top of the MHP tickets? Or am I confusing it with the Halloween Tour?

I think the thread you need for information on Halloween time at DL is this one... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270919

but I did come across this info for you there...

27. What time can I enter Disneyland on an MHP night if I am going to attend the party?

A ticket to MHP will allow guests to enter Disneyland three hours before the start time of the party.

On nights when the party starts at 6:00 pm (any nights other than Fridays or weekends), guests can enter Disneyland at 3:00 pm using the MHP ticket.

On nights when the party starts at 7:00 pm (which are usually Friday nights, and probably any future weekend parties too), party guests can enter Disneyland at 4:00 pm.

So, in short - NO, you do NOT need a park entry for that day - you only need your Halloween party ticket. Unless you are wanting to be in the parks earlier than the time stated above. If you want to go before 3 oe 4 then yes, you will need to have a park pass for that day.

Enjoy your trip!!! and be sure to have a look around and join either the September or October group cuz you'll find LOTS of info on those threads. I will try and post a link to them here when i get a chance.

I have a soft spot for WOC because DH proposed to me after that show :goodvibes

Unlike others in this thread though, I really like the shows, and also think F! and Aladdin are unmissable. I can't wait to see Mickey and the Magical Map on this trip!

My all time favourite Disney night time show is Dreams at DLP :thumbsup2

I hope you're not planning to do this in August (just wondering why you've posted to the August thread :confused3). My trip spans August and September, so I'm also part of the September and Halloween groups. MHP starts on 26th September this year.

You don't need park tickets for MHP - just your MHP ticket will get you in for the party and a couple of hours before. However, you are correct, you do need park tickets for the Halloween tour (and any other tour at DLR).

So when you say no Fantasmic, what does that mean? Not on weeknights? Was hoping to see Fantasmic on the 28th which is a Thursday. Thanks.

The schedule goes as far as Monday August 25th, and there's no Fantasmic listed on Monday August 25th. When we've been in September, Fantasmic was only showing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. So, it looks like the low season entertainment is starting on August 25th. Also, there is only a 7pm Soundsational parade on Monday, compared to the 4pm and 6:30pm shows on all of the days before. I'm a little confused, though, because usually Fantasmic and Fire Works and scheduled on the same days. It's just a guess, but I don't think you'll be able to see Fantasmic on the Thursday, but you could likely see it on the Friday.

I love all the entertainment options and we try to do them all at least once every trip. I haven't been in the summer for a long time so I am looking forward to seeing the FW show that plays in the summer. And I haven't seen Mickey and the Magic Map yet so that is on our list this time too.

LOL I definitely posted in the wrong thread. I was causally browsing the search results and posted in the incorrect thread. But thank you for the info! :)

Whoops! Forgot to answer my own question! :rotfl2:

I really like Aladin. The first time we saw it was in Sept. 2011 when the flying carpet got stuck upside down and Jasmine and Aladin were dangling from the ceiling and then had to evacuate the theatre to get them down! We didn't see the show on our 2012 trip because that trip was only 3 days and our 3rd day was spent in the emergency room getting stitches on DD's chin! So, we saw it on our trip last year on my birthday and I was so happy to see the carpet flying and we actually got to see the end of the show!

DH's favourite show is the Jedi Training Academy. Now, he doesn't usually get teary eyed, but I think he started to tear up a bit when he saw DD fight Darth Vader with her hair all done up like princess Leia. Now that DS is 4 they will both be able to volunteer and DH is really excited about this.

We really liked WOC, but the whole process of standing up and squishing in really ruins it for me. We got a good spot for it last year, and really enjoyed the show, but I think we'll skip it this year, especially since it doesn't start until 9:45.

My kids like the Disney Jr. Live show, and HAVE to see it every trip. They still haven't caught on that Minnie Mouse's birthday happens ever day and at different times of the year! It's nice that they're at the age where they can sit up front and DH and I can sit on the side or the back on a bench. I might see if DH will take them this year and I'll sneak off and do some shopping!

Good question of the week!

Fantasmic, WoC, and Aladdin

The schedule goes as far as Monday August 25th, and there's no Fantasmic listed on Monday August 25th. When we've been in September, Fantasmic was only showing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. So, it looks like the low season entertainment is starting on August 25th. Also, there is only a 7pm Soundsational parade on Monday, compared to the 4pm and 6:30pm shows on all of the days before. I'm a little confused, though, because usually Fantasmic and Fire Works and scheduled on the same days. It's just a guess, but I don't think you'll be able to see Fantasmic on the Thursday, but you could likely see it on the Friday.

What Jedi tricks are you using to see Mondays times? On the offical DL site all I see is Sunday 8/25 as of today. :confused:

The good news about the reduced entertainment starting August 25th though is that it shows WOC starting at 9pm! There's a much better chance of getting my kids to stay up for it now. :)

I can't choose! Arg. There's just so much that it's too difficult. I mean, I've seen some of the shows and I've seen WoC. What I haven't done in years and years and years is Fantasmic! and that's something I might convince my friend to wait around for. I haven't seen it since I was a child, which is kinda lame because now the show is different and I'm missing out on it. I really do enjoy the performers who sing or play instruments on the streets as well. That kind of entertainment is so subtle but still wonderful to walk by or stand and watch.

This trip we are going for 4 days so I plan on trying to take in as much entertainment as I can! Our previous trip was so short we didn't even get to see fantasmic! We loved the aladdin show and mickey's soundsational parade, so I'd love to see those again plus just about everything else! We had a really and spot for WOC before so maybe this time we might plan ahead and get a decent view :) Either way I can't wait for our trip and everything, rides and entertainment included!

What Jedi tricks are you using to see Mondays times? On the offical DL site all I see is Sunday 8/25 as of today. :confused:

When you look at the calendar, cross your eyes, stick out your tongue and wiggle your ears!

No, really, just click on the daily schedule for Sunday and then click the arrow to the right and it takes you to Monday. I'm guessing it'll work this way for Tuesday tomorrow.

When you look at the calendar, cross your eyes, stick out your tongue and wiggle your ears!

No, really, just click on the daily schedule for Sunday and then click the arrow to the right and it takes you to Monday. I'm guessing it'll work this way for Tuesday tomorrow.

Very crafty, your powers in the force are strong!:worship:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest