**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

we have taken our stroller every trip and will do it again this trip even though DS is 4.5 years old.....:scared1:

why buy one when you can travel with your own for free? unless you don't have one of your own

Exactly that... we don't have one any more. DS can ride a 2 wheel bike, so no need for a stroller any more. I rented a double from city strollers last year, but DD won't need one this year and is too tall for a stroller. I'd be worried that her foot would dangle down by the wheel and she'd get hurt.

I'm going August 1-3 and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time since 2000!

:welcome: :wave2:

Two way radios! We have not used those in years, thank you for the reminder! I have them away in a closet somewhere. We had the same problem with lots of users on the frequencies before but you are right, they will all be using their phones now. :yay:

Now that cell phones have taken precedent, this is something I've always been curious about trying with the two way radios. I doubt we'd have much issue now. It would be a lot of fun, too!

yep, we LOVE the 2 way radios!!! Now if I use mine and happen across a conversation I will be wondering if it might be you guys??? lol

Would anyone be interested in doing a stroller share? We're hemming and hawing about whether DS4 should use a stroller on our trip. We could rent one from city strollers, but it's cheaper to just buy one from Amazon or Walmart and then ditch it or bring it home and sell it.

I know were're not supposed to exchange money on the dis, so if anyone did want to do a stroller share, the first person who gets the stroller would have to pay for it. We'll be there Aug 21-28th staying at Hojo from Aug 21-24th then DLH from 24th to 28th. We won't need it for the full trip, but more likely for the last few days.

Anyone interested?

I'm going to post this on the main board too.

sorry, no need for it for us lol BUT I just wanted to say we took dd to WDW when she had JUST turned 5 and used a stroller for her! It was SO handy! We paid $20.00 for a little fold up stroller and since it was so cheap we didn't care that we wouldn't need it after, although I actually have used it for my niece so it did end up coming in handy again :)

We will be there August 3-8 @ Paradise Pier. Can't wait! We got Daddy to go! Ive always vacationed with just the kids because he wouldn't take off from work. We've been married 16 years and never taken a vacation. First family vacation!

=
yep, we LOVE the 2 way radios!!! Now if I use mine and happen across a conversation I will be wondering if it might be you guys??? lol
=

I doubt we'll do it considering it's just the two of us and we're rarely apart at the parks unless going to the bathroom. It would be interesting though if I had the rest of my family there!

I'm going with my family August 13--19! It's our first big trip with annual passes and we're all really excited! We usually go commando style but we're looking forward to a more leisurely pace...plenty of time to do everything we want to do!

We will be there August 3-8 @ Paradise Pier. Can't wait! We got Daddy to go! Ive always vacationed with just the kids because he wouldn't take off from work. We've been married 16 years and never taken a vacation. First family vacation!

:welcome: I will add your info. You must be SOO excited that he's joining you!!! Must be a very busy guy! I'm excited for you - I LOOOVE holidaying with my dh!

I'm going with my family August 13--19! It's our first big trip with annual passes and we're all really excited! We usually go commando style but we're looking forward to a more leisurely pace...plenty of time to do everything we want to do!

:welcome: i will add you to our list! I am a commando park tourer too but I've heard you don't need to do it so much at DL. I plan to do my usual commando first 2 hours and then take the rest of the day at a leisurly pace.

We have changed our plans and will not be going to DL in August. DH starts a new job next week and I don't think they would appreciate hearing he is going away for 10 days :rolleyes2

We are going to WDW in November instead and will plan to go to DL next summer. Thanks for this great thread ... hope everyone has a great time!

And hurray for the family-wide AP dining and merchandise discounts you're going to get, too!!! :)

We have changed our plans and will not be going to DL in August. DH starts a new job next week and I don't think they would appreciate hearing he is going away for 10 days :rolleyes2

We are going to WDW in November instead and will plan to go to DL next summer. Thanks for this great thread ... hope everyone has a great time!

Don't know if I should say "oh no!" or "Congratulations!" But have fun at WDW in November!

awe, boo on the canceled trip but CONGRATS on Dh's new job!!! And it sounds like you don't have to wait too much longer to be surrounded by Disney magic :thumbsup2 The time will fly by!

Husband and I are going for my birthday! We will be there August 2-4. Staying at the Clarion hotel (for the dog friendly aspect!). Looking into doing a tour, I have been many times but never done this before so I am pretty excited for it! Let me know if ya'll have any tour recommendations.

Husband and I are going for my birthday! We will be there August 2-4. Staying at the Clarion hotel (for the dog friendly aspect!). Looking into doing a tour, I have been many times but never done this before so I am pretty excited for it! Let me know if ya'll have any tour recommendations.

:welcome:!

I bet you could easily keep yourself occupied enough just at DL for the 2nd to 4th without a tour ::yes::

but if you do have time to fit in a tour there are a few compnies that I have found seem to be reputable. Are you looking at half day? full day? A few I found interesting are a bicycling one, and a food one, but we are stumped as to which tour to do right now :( Are you wanting just Hollywood type tour? or are you wanting to head out to some beaches on tour as well?

:welcome:!

I bet you could easily keep yourself occupied enough just at DL for the 2nd to 4th without a tour ::yes::

but if you do have time to fit in a tour there are a few compnies that I have found seem to be reputable. Are you looking at half day? full day? A few I found interesting are a bicycling one, and a food one, but we are stumped as to which tour to do right now :( Are you wanting just Hollywood type tour? or are you wanting to head out to some beaches on tour as well?

Oh believe me I plan to spend every second at DL...which is why (and sorry for not being specific) I was looking into information and recommendations for one of the DL tours :)

Oh believe me I plan to spend every second at DL...which is why (and sorry for not being specific) I was looking into information and recommendations for one of the DL tours :)

I would recommend the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Everyone I know who's done it raves about it, and I can't wait to do it on my trip!

There's the tour in DCA too, which is more about Walt coming to California and the history associated with that. I was really torn about which one to do when they announced that, but I decided I really wanted to see Walt's apartment, and have the possibility of seeing Club 33. On the DCA one, it takes you inside the 'Club 33' area of Carthay Circle (forget what it's called), which would also be cool.

Apart from that, there's the scavenger hunt style tour, which is more aimed towards families with kids. And there's a gardening and landscaping tour too if that's your thing. The 'Welcome to Disneyland' is more of a practical introduction, focusing more on things like dining reservations, locations of things in the park, options for the night time shows, and how to get FPs. I think it would be far too tedious for someone who's already very familiar with DLR.

I would recommend the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Everyone I know who's done it raves about it, and I can't wait to do it on my trip!

There's the tour in DCA too, which is more about Walt coming to California and the history associated with that. I was really torn about which one to do when they announced that, but I decided I really wanted to see Walt's apartment, and have the possibility of seeing Club 33. On the DCA one, it takes you inside the 'Club 33' area of Carthay Circle (forget what it's called), which would also be cool.

Apart from that, there's the scavenger hunt style tour, which is more aimed towards families with kids. And there's a gardening and landscaping tour too if that's your thing. The 'Welcome to Disneyland' is more of a practical introduction, focusing more on things like dining reservations, locations of things in the park, options for the night time shows, and how to get FPs. I think it would be far too tedious for someone who's already very familiar with DLR.

Thanks sooo much! I was leaning toward the Walk in Walt's footsteps one...though I had no idea that DCA had a coming to CA tour which is tempting. Definitely going to save the scavenger hunt tour for with kids (though it is tempting).

Doesn't matter how many times I've gone...I'm still so darn excited!!!!

Thanks sooo much! I was leaning toward the Walk in Walt's footsteps one...though I had no idea that DCA had a coming to CA tour which is tempting. Definitely going to save the scavenger hunt tour for with kids (though it is tempting).

Doesn't matter how many times I've gone...I'm still so darn excited!!!!

Good idea. We did the Discover the Magic tour for DD's 6th birthday and it was a lot of fun. But I'm sure a couple without children would feel very out of place especially with all of the "imagining" that the tour guides have you do (like flying imaginary magic carpets through adventure land!)

oh Bahahahaha!!! silly me! I guess I have had LA tours on my mind :rotfl:

No question for this week? :confused3 Can I post one or do you have one in mind Wakica?

I checked the park hours and it looks like on Monday Aug. 25th they're going into low season mode - no Fantasmic (but there is Fire Works), parks closing at 10pm and 9pm, and only one parade. Hopefully the food prices will go down to low season rates too. No mention of Matterhorn refurb but Haunted Mansion will be down on the 25th, I guess for the Halloween switchover.

No question for this week? :confused3 Can I post one or do you have one in mind Wakica?

I checked the park hours and it looks like on Monday Aug. 25th they're going into low season mode - no Fantasmic (but there is Fire Works), parks closing at 10pm and 9pm, and only one parade. Hopefully the food prices will go down to low season rates too. No mention of Matterhorn refurb but Haunted Mansion will be down on the 25th, I guess for the Halloween switchover.

go for it Rubygoose :)

Good to know about the Haunted Mansion. We will make sure to do that one before it goes down. Glad to hear Matterhorn never made another appearance on the refurb list! YAY!!!

The food prices go down? :rotfl2:That would be great, but not a chance. Yup, glad we start our week on the 25th. We'll be sure to catch HM and the Materhorn that Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter