Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty, is the above situation only if you are adding on? I just wanted to clarify for any new people - you can pick up your park tickets at any of the parks guest relations; you don't have to specify a park as all their computers are linked. I did this last year. However, they did mess *something* up - I got the tickets, attempted to go through the turnstile and it told me "ticket not valid" so I had to get back in the guest relations line again. VERY FRUSTRATING! I wish I had ordered them early and gotten them in the mail, but had extenuating circumstances that caused me to wait this year. Also, even though the rep I spoke with when I ordered tix over the phone last year told me that I could pick them up at my hotel, that is incorrect. "Sports" tickets can only be picked up at the parks (and I guess the expo?).

I was told the "sports" tickets, that I ordered over the phone last week, could be picked up at the "Welcome Center" at the expo or Guest Relations at the different theme parks.

^^^ what she said!

If you want to add on days, do not pick up at the parks. If you are good to go, can pick them up at the parks.

No I asked if she knew what a marathon was. Didn't know the answer to that either.

Anyone going to try and catch the first bus to the expo? Just trying to think when I should get in line if I want to try to be there when they start loading the buses. Staying over at POFQ if that helps.

Also wanted your opinion on something. My flight home leaves at 7:00 pm from Orlando race day. Which I guess means I will be leaving around 4 on the DME? Think I have enough time to make one short trip to MK post race? I am actually booked into the hotel that night (so I don't have to deal with late check out) so I don't have to worry about my luggage.

Depends on how fast/slow you plan to run/walk the half. Disney resorts have a baggage hold at each resort. So you drop it off and get a ticket and pick it up before you get on ME. Check out is 11 and if you run a 3 hour race from say a late corral you could be back in your room by 10, shower, drop off luggage at baggage hold place and spend a few hours at the MK. AND save yourself a few bucks.

Hey guys,

Me and my best friend are training together as a team for the Princess. We got corralled into B but she got injured (IT band) shortly after entering in a 10k for proof of time back in the fall. We went from running full miles with one minute breaks to now doing 7minutes of light jogging followed by one minute of rest. We're worried about the sweepers. It mentions those in corral B are expected to finish around the 2:30 mark. But given our current training regimen we are mostly likely going to finish sometime shortly after the three hour mark. Do we have time to stop and take photos or are we running the risk of being swept if we don't stick to the 2:30 mark for our corral? :confused:

They finally just posted a new cover photo for the PHM on FB...for those of us wondering about it earlier! :thumbsup2

Hey guys,

Me and my best friend are training together as a team for the Princess. We got corralled into B but she got injured (IT band) shortly after entering in a 10k for proof of time back in the fall. We went from running full miles with one minute breaks to now doing 7minutes of light jogging followed by one minute of rest. We're worried about the sweepers. It mentions those in corral B are expected to finish around the 2:30 mark. But given our current training regimen we are mostly likely going to finish sometime shortly after the three hour mark. Do we have time to stop and take photos or are we running the risk of being swept if we don't stick to the 2:30 mark for our corral? :confused:

The expected finish for each corral is just what you are predicted to finish at based on the time you submitted for proof. Sweepers don't start until the last person crosses the start line in the very last corral, and the 16min mile pace is calculated from that point. So, in B you have a pretty large jump on the sweepers and a built in time cushion. You guys will be fine!

I am really starting to freak out about the half. I have never done anything like this before. I am far from in shape and I am 42 years old. I am participating with a friend and we plan on walking with a little running. We both average about a 14.3 minute mile with running a a 15.0 minute mile with just walking. The furthest both of us have gone is 10 miles and I felt pretty good at the end of it and my last 10 miler I ran more than I ever had mostly because I just wanted to get it over with. How bad are the three hills at the end? I have felt good about it the entire time and all of a sudden I am panicking. I really want to enjoy this and not worry so much.

I am really starting to freak out about the half. I have never done anything like this before. I am far from in shape and I am 42 years old. I am participating with a friend and we plan on walking with a little running. We both average about a 14.3 minute mile with running a a 15.0 minute mile with just walking. The furthest both of us have gone is 10 miles and I felt pretty good at the end of it and my last 10 miler I ran more than I ever had mostly because I just wanted to get it over with. How bad are the three hills at the end? I have felt good about it the entire time and all of a sudden I am panicking. I really want to enjoy this and not worry so much.

They really aren't bad!!! Nothing to worry about...I bet you'll be over the first one before you realize "oh, this must be those "hills" I was worried about! Ha!" and, if I remember from 2011, once you're at the top of them, you can kind see the finish line in the distance and hear the music...gets you pumped up for that last bit into and through Epcot :cool1:

Thanks for the quick reply! ^^^ This is our first Half-marathon so we were worried. We started looking over last year's photo ops itinerary (might or might not be different to this years??) and roughly started planning ahead of time who to stop for and who we were prepared to sacrifice in fear of those balloon ladies if the line was too long. Our last training run together over the weekend had us only going up to the seventh mile before she started feeling some IT soreness. Being our pace coach I freaked forced her to stop jogging altogether and walked the remaining miles before calling it a day. Our PR aspirations have been replaced with the desire to enjoy the experience and finish with a smile on our face and relatively pain free.

On another note, has Jack Skellington and co. ever been apart of the Princess Half-Marathon? We saw on youtube he was one of the stops during the WDW's 20th Anniversary Marathon last month and we got envious of those lucky runners. :hyper:

Yeah I so very much want to run it. It is my birthday and would be a perfect bd present. It looks like such a beautiful coarse, even with the hills. :rotfl:

I am trying to figure out how to come up with the money so we can still make it.
I just might make the hotel ressies anyway because I can always cancel with no cost if I do it far enough ahead. Is this a race that sells out quickly? When do I have to make my decision by?

Just heard via Twitter that the Vancouver Seawheeze has just 500 spots left; they're capping it at 10,014.

I'm not running it, but the course goes right by my apartment. Had fun cheering on the runners last year.

Erin

Just heard via Twitter that the Vancouver Seawheeze has just 500 spots left; they're capping it at 10,014.

I'm not running it, but the course goes right by my apartment. Had fun cheering on the runners last year.

Erin

I just looked this race up because the name was so catchy...Indygirl...you said you wanted to do this for your b-day? Is your b-day on race day, Aug. 10??? Mine is too! :cool1:

They really aren't bad!!! Nothing to worry about...I bet you'll be over the first one before you realize "oh, this must be those "hills" I was worried about! Ha!" and, if I remember from 2011, once you're at the top of them, you can kind see the finish line in the distance and hear the music...gets you pumped up for that last bit into and through Epcot :cool1:

Thanks so much. I am so paranoid.

For those you don't FB...what does the pic look like?

This is their new FB cover photo:

phmcover_zps84bc672e.jpg

I'd bet that's what the shirt looks like. Color is the question. Pink? Purple? Or white? But I bet that's the logo for the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter