Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that the cover photo is floating around somewhere on the Run Disney site. There have been a few comments that seemed to suggest that it is out there (someone said they had a friend who changed their cover photo to it, which friend it is I don't know). The question is: Why do some people have it and most don't if it is out?

Anyone else nervous of doing something silly in the next two weeks (like tripping and spraining an ankle)?

:wave: Me!

I've been worried more about germs than hurting myself. I've been trying to avoid subbing in elementary school- but have a half day today in elementary. I'm gonna wash my hands about every 10 minutes LOL.

Off now to get my last 50 minute run (at least planned for 50 minutes) done!

::yes:: Germs freak me out... I am just sure I will get sick.

:headache: Ok, so this isn't race-related but I just have to say this trip CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH. I took my car in the other day to check on the AC since it's been acting up...yes, it's warm enough here in February to actaully need it...so annoying! Well, I find out that yes, there is a problem and we all know AC work is stupid expensive...but apparently I'm also starting to have a problem with the power steering pump. jeeze louise...my car's not that old! And on top of all that, I start to see a pattern in thinking "oh, that juice I just took from the fridge doesn't seem very cold..." and then yesterday notice some things in the freezer not quite as frozen as they should be...like almost totally thawed. unbelievable...everything's breaking at once!!! I need to be somewhere that I can forget I even have a fridge or car...calgon take me away!!!! :lmao:

That is no fun! Believe me... I understand. We had a leak in the kitchen that led to one thing after another and ended with quite the project last weekend. :rolleyes:

Oh bummer...I hope you're still able to make it to your other trips. I just found out the fridge isn't going to be a terribly expensive ordeal and should be repaired tomorrow afternoon...as long as the two parts needed are available. The cost for the car is making me cringe though! BUT, a good working AC is pretty much essential in these parts, so it has to be done. :)

On another note, did anyone see that ToT went up to $135????!!!!???? It was $90 last year if I'm remembering correctly. It's really getting out of hand! I hadn't planned to do it again this year, but I was just really shocked at that price increase for that race. I certainly hope they come with the goods to back it up this year for that price!

I figured the price was going to mean maybe more host resorts... but nope. I really can't imagine why they raised it so much. :confused: I do plan to register for it...but hope to see a little discount at the phm expo.

Ok, the PHM insomnia had officially set in for me. Woke up with my head spinning full of crap. OMG, why do the hormones have to kick in now?

There were cover photos that came out a while ago-- I want to say around the time the medal was revealed. I have that as my cover photo. But, I haven't seen any new one's since then.

Mamasmurf227 said:
There were cover photos that came out a while ago-- I want to say around the time the medal was revealed. I have that as my cover photo. But, I haven't seen any new one's since then.

I think that's the one I have...it shows the medal, race date and 'in training'....or was there another one? Maybe the one folks are talking about on whatever group it is, is one that someone else made?

I think that's the one I have...it shows the medal, race date and 'in training'....or was there another one? Maybe the one folks are talking about on whatever group it is, is one that someone else made?

Yes, it's the 'in training' one. I'm sure someone tech savvy and creative has made their own, but I haven't seen them.

so i had a dream last night, i guess you can call it more of a nightmare, that i was running the race and there were no characters out for the whole race...

the only thing they have release was the orginal cover photo (in training) and its not on run disney...it was on the lady's footlocker page they had set up with the the contest. and now because the contest is over, you cant get to the page to download it anymore..:confused3

really not feeling the love from rundisney

Working on finalizing my costumer thanks to Longhorns2 who will be Drizella. Here is my anastasia costume....working on my gold glitter foam comb for the hat or visor. We will be in Corral C!
I just saw these as I was catching up on FB - you guys look terrific!

On another note, did anyone see that ToT went up to $135????!!!!???? It was $90 last year if I'm remembering correctly.
Yup. I paid a total of $96 and change last year. It seems like a HUGE increase, but so was the Everest Challenge. runDisney's gunning for every cent they think they can get. And yet... I'm registered for a TOT repeat. :rotfl: I did get $10 off with a DVC member discount, at least. :rolleyes:

I really can't imagine why they raised it so much. :confused:
Because they can! I'm betting it'll sell out, no problem...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: going out to all who are facing challenges and loss. I'm so sorry! :sad1:

Race Weather Watch continues, with the forecast going from 60s and rainy yesterday on Accuweather, to 40s and dry today. Welcome to winter in Florida! :rolleyes: Who knows what we'll get at this point.

Had my first PHM dream last night, too. Apparently we never even made it to the race because we were driving all around WDW and couldn't find Epcot at all! Saw MK, DHS, and AK with no problem, but never found an exit for Epcot. :eek: :rotfl:

Only three more runs for the training plan I put together :cool1:
Looks like I will be able to get my 8 miler in outside Friday and then Monday a 5-6 pace run and Wed. a 3-4 pace run. :cool1:

But, the last part of my outfit, the Hat, I have put off. I'm giving round 1 and 3 to the hat and I won round 2. Round 4 will be this afternoon. Wish me luck. If it rains for the race, I don't think the hat will work,so I will throw together a quick hairbow.

i just realized that last night! After last night's run I only have one 8 mile run on Saturday and a 4 mile on Monday and then I leave for Disney! I'll keep limber by walking around the parks after that. ;) I can't believe it's so close!!

Hey, guys! I have a question about tapering. As you may know, this is my first half marathon, and I am pretty much clueless about everything!

I've been following the beginner half marathon training program from Cool Running, and this week and next week, it has a bunch of 5 and 8 mile runs...which seems pretty on par with what my training has been like all along.

This week, for example, it would have me doing two 5-mile runs, two 8-mile runs, and a 3-mile run, with two rest days. And then next week, I'd be doing two 5-mile runs and an 8-mile run before I leave for FL on Thursday.

I keep hearing talk of tapering, and I'm confused as to what I should be doing, since the training plan I'm looking at for this week and next doesn't look like I'll be resting AT ALL! If anything, the total number of miles is almost exactly the same, or slightly more, as what I covered in the previous 3 or 4 weeks!

My question is: should I be tackling all these runs? Shorten them? Take more rest days? :confused3

Any advice from the more experienced princesses would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

As a side note, I wanted to thank you all so much for helping me through this process! I tend to do more lurking than posting, but I am here every day being constantly inspired and learning so much from all of you! Thank you! :goodvibes

Hey, guys! I have a question about tapering. As you may know, this is my first half marathon, and I am pretty much clueless about everything!

I've been following the beginner half marathon training program from Cool Running, and this week and next week, it has a bunch of 5 and 8 mile runs...which seems pretty on par with what my training has been like all along.

This week, for example, it would have me doing two 5-mile runs, two 8-mile runs, and a 3-mile run, with two rest days. And then next week, I'd be doing two 5-mile runs and an 8-mile run before I leave for FL on Thursday.

I keep hearing talk of tapering, and I'm confused as to what I should be doing, since the training plan I'm looking at for this week and next doesn't look like I'll be resting AT ALL! If anything, the total number of miles is almost exactly the same, or slightly more, as what I covered in the previous 3 or 4 weeks!

My question is: should I be tackling all these runs? Shorten them? Take more rest days? :confused3

Any advice from the more experienced princesses would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

As a side note, I wanted to thank you all so much for helping me through this process! I tend to do more lurking than posting, but I am here every day being constantly inspired and learning so much from all of you! Thank you! :goodvibes

Different plans/coaches have different theories on tapering. Hal Higdon, for example, adds mileage to the long run all the way up to the week before the race. Others have the longest run a couple weeks before the race. You really don't need to taper much, if at all, before a half. It's much more important for marathon training.

Do you have rest before the race? I think the most important thing is to have fresh legs.

Anyone else watching the 10 day weather forecast creep up? Looks like it's getting warmer.

Different plans/coaches have different theories on tapering. Hal Higdon, for example, adds mileage to the long run all the way up to the week before the race. Others have the longest run a couple weeks before the race. You really don't need to taper much, if at all, before a half. It's much more important for marathon training.

Do you have rest before the race? I think the most important thing is to have fresh legs.

Anyone else watching the 10 day weather forecast creep up? Looks like it's getting warmer.

Just checked Accuweather, and the forecast for race day is perfect. Low 48, High 64, and sunny. Of course, it will change a million times before then!

Ticket question:

I purchased the discounted park tickets, but depending on what time we end up getting there on Friday, we might want to go to a park. We'd need to add a day to our tickets, though. Can that be done?

Really good to know, thank you! I won't be doing any more running once we land in WDW on Thursday, so my rest will pretty much include walking around the parks. I do plan to take it easy, though (which is very much unlike my usual commando park touring style)!

Did your plan have any cut-back weeks where your "long" run was much shorter than the weeks around it? If so, did it seem to help you feel rested and strong? If so, I'd taper back some before the race. If not, stick with what's been working!

Just checked Accuweather, and the forecast for race day is perfect. Low 48, High 64, and sunny. Of course, it will change a million times before then!
::yes:: :rotfl2: I've been checking daily, just for the laughs... seriously, it's been a different forecast every day! I think they just scatter a bunch of weather combinations and pick one randomly for those extended forecasts. I'll feel more certainty by around the 22nd. ;)

FWIW, we started the day at a "low" of 72 today, at 5:30am. HOT for Feb! But we're dropping into the 40s this weekend. You just never know...

Ticket question:

I purchased the discounted park tickets, but depending on what time we end up getting there on Friday, we might want to go to a park. We'd need to add a day to our tickets, though. Can that be done?

Pretty sure you can NOT add. You could buy a one day at the discounted price. Email or call rundisney to be sure.
Oops for not

Really good to know, thank you! I won't be doing any more running once we land in WDW on Thursday, so my rest will pretty much include walking around the parks. I do plan to take it easy, though (which is very much unlike my usual commando park touring style)!

Taper is somewhat personal. How do your joints feel? I taper for all races, at any distance, that I consider "A" races, races that I want to perform at my best. For beginners that feel beat-up, taper. For example if your plan calls for 7 miles today and something hurts at 5 miles don't do 7.

Found out today that one of my new friends didn't know what a marathon was! Never had that happen before.

Cant wait. One week from tomorrow I will be on a plane to Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter