Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gryhndmom said:
Congrats on the 19 years of clean and sober living...now I know why you smoked my *** :rotfl:Cripey said she had a great non-alcoholic drink at the Wave at CR...just sayin'...could be a good meet up point!

Trying to get in touch with a Disney travel comany to see if DH and I can get into the DL 1/2...they say they still have slots so we will see...and this from the man who wasn't crazy about the PHM but apparently really wants a C2C !:lmao:

Hey, that's a great idea! I just can't afford the airfare. Good luck, my friend

Been reading this thread to see how the race went - congrats to everyone btw! - and a few thoughts. First, it sounds like this race was oversold. And I don't think saying "well...Disney races are for fun, don't worry about a PR" is an excuse either. My dad has set many a PR during marathon weekend in Disney back in the day, and when I ran this year in 2011 (started in the front/middle of B) the race had plenty of course entertainment, there were plenty of new runners that felt very welcome...yet I had enough room to run my own race.

Re: corral placement - If you submit your time and seed your self honestly, and end up with a slower race, it is what it is. Some days are not just not your day, and it can be hard to tell until you start running what your going to end up doing. But purposely lying to get into a higher corral I think is not acceptable - and as a broader lesson outside of running, what kind of lesson does that pass on to your kids? That lying and putting your own selfish needs above the great good is ok? Not cool.

Re: training. Running is a very individual sport. One can go nuts trying to compare themselves to others. Unfortunately, one cannot change their genetics and natural ability. But, what you can do, is change your training. If you worry about those who don't train as hard as you do (especially if they end up beating you) - you can go nuts. Trust me...been there, done that :lmao: Just be proud of the work you put in, and what you can accomplish! Besides, let's be honest - at the end of the day, this is supposed to be fun, and I don't think any of us are planning to make a career out of being a professional runner

very well put... on each account. :thumbsup2
I'm sorry about what happened between you two. We all went through crappy times before that race, just go back and read the thread. Some of us returned to the same crappy issues. Again, I'm sorry.

Thanks... it is what it is at this point. I will forever be grateful to her that she got me into running. I do wish we had continued in this journey together... but again... it is what it is. :goodvibes

Hi friends! This thread will need to be closed since it is over the permitted length. (I will be making that happen soon.)

You may want to start another thread and direct those who post here to that one.

Or, you may want to take up this thread in the 2014 Princess Half-Marathon that is already in progress.

Or, this thread Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Hope to see you there.
OK Thread is closed. Exceeded 251 page allowance. (I tried to wait for a redirect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter