Odds? Early Avengers premiere on board?

We were on the WBPC. I have the Navigators, but was not planning on scanning and posting. Sorry! I am sure someone else will soon. Can I answer any specific questions about any activities?
I was just curious if they listed the premiere in the schedule.

It was not on the schedule in the Navigator, which surprised us. We called Guest Services who confirmed that there would be no 12:01 premear.

Last edited:
We were on the Dream 5/1-5/5 and they premEared Guardians of the Galaxy on our last night at 10:45pm. It was announced before the show the night before and the navigator for the day did have the movie on it. I think chances are high for the same thing to happen with Infinity War (or at least hope so, we will be on the Magic then too)

We are on the Dream in a week in a half and the new Pirates of the Caribbean comes out on our disembarkment day. We are hoping to see it on the ship.

We were on the Dream 5/1-5/5 and they premEared Guardians of the Galaxy on our last night at 10:45pm. It was announced before the show the night before and the navigator for the day did have the movie on it. I think chances are high for the same thing to happen with Infinity War (or at least hope so, we will be on the Magic then too)
On occasion DCL has PremEARed movies earlier on the night before (before midnight). Specifically on days where the people seeing the films would not be touching ground again until after the premiere date.

Which day did it premier?
I believe it premiered in the US on May 5. Usually that means that a new movie is shown on the ships at 12:01 that morning. We did not get to see it until the evening of the 5th.

I believe it premiered in the US on May 5. Usually that means that a new movie is shown on the ships at 12:01 that morning. We did not get to see it until the evening of the 5th.
Hmm.... not good.

Where was the ship on the 5th?

Nevermind, I see she was in Cabo from 8:00am-3:30pm. Maybe they didn't want to set people up with a bad situation by having a midnight show that morning, then risking that people will sleep in and miss the short day in Cabo.

Hmm.... not good.

Where was the ship on the 5th?

Nevermind, I see she was in Cabo from 8:00am-3:30pm. Maybe they didn't want to set people up with a bad situation by having a midnight show that morning, then risking that people will sleep in and miss the short day in Cabo.

They may have not got the film on board until Cabo. It's happened before on longer cruises, that they don't have the movie on board when they set sail and have to have it 'shipped' to them, but sometimes it means it might be later in the day or even a day late...

As @o&smom mentioned, there was no midnight showing of GOTG2 on May 5th but if you feel you still need to see the 2017 WBPC Navigators, there are PDF scans in my on-line storage account. Click on 'The Mouse' link in my signature, then click on the "2017 April DCL Wonder" folder, and the files are located in the 'Handouts' subfolder. All 14 days are split into 3 files named '20170423_WBPC_Navis...'. (Only single-page schedules were handed out for each day. The double-page flyers were handed out only once a week.)

Hello @o&smom ! Thanks for an amazing cruise!! :boat:

As @o&smom mentioned, there was no midnight showing of GOTG2 on May 5th but if you feel you still need to see the 2017 WBPC Navigators, there are PDF scans in my on-line storage account. Click on 'The Mouse' link in my signature, then click on the "2017 April DCL Wonder" folder, and the files are located in the 'Handouts' subfolder. All 14 days are split into 3 files named '20170423_WBPC_Navis...'. (Only single-page schedules were handed out for each day. The double-page flyers were handed out only once a week.)

Hello @o&smom ! Thanks for an amazing cruise!! :boat:
Thank you, that's very helpful. If I could make a suggestion (or ask a question, I guess) - would you be willing to share those by sending them to Scott for posting on the Disney cruise line blog? That way others who may be interested could find them easier. The instructions are at the top of the page here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

On occasion DCL has PremEARed movies earlier on the night before (before midnight). Specifically on days where the people seeing the films would not be touching ground again until after the premiere date.

That's what happened on our Magic cruise last year. They premEARed Doctor Strange at 10:30pm on November 3, when it released on land on November 4.

On our cruise last week Guardians premiered, but there was no "premear" at 12:01. Never remember hearing of this before. Not sure what this means going forward.

They made a big deal on the Wonder last week about announcing that the internet connection went through, and the codes came through, and something else.... So maybe it has to do with the movie, not the ship.

The Magic had GOTG2 in both the BVT(3D) and the big theatre(2D) at 10:45pm on the day before the land premier and we had ports both that day and the next day. They would not announce it until the night before it aired , and it was on the navigators released for that day, but not on the list of movies for the week when we boarded. There were short lines waiting for Buena Vista to be opened, but several empty seats, probably given the late hour and that they were airing it several more times over the next few days. It was totally worth it to stay up - the crowd was very responsive.

Still hoping they show it before midnight!! Around here the Marvel movies that have Friday premiers typically start Thursdays - no idea why. Hoping that the ship will too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter