Odds? Early Avengers premiere on board?

dskib

DIS Veteran
So Avengers Infinity War premiers 5/4/18. We happen to be booked on one of the Avengers themed cruises on 4/29, arriving home on 5/4. My husband and son would be in heaven if they got to see it on our cruise!! Any chance they'll play it a day early? Or even a midnight show? I know the local theaters often show it a day early....

Has anyone else seen something a day or 2 early?

Thanks!

If there are theatres allowed to show it on a specific day, you'll get a showing at 12:01 AM on that day. So, considering you disembark on 5/4, you'll be onboard for the 12:01 AM showing on that day. Their night just before disembarkation will not be very long.

I was going to ask this in regards to Guardians of the Galaxy, because we'll be disembarking on 5/5.

Not sure I could slip away from the family to go see it, but it'd be fun if I could.

We were on the Dream when Beauty and the Beast premiered arriving into Port Canaveral on Friday the day of the official premier. They did not announce it until the night before but they did a 10:45pm show in both the Walt Disney and Buena Vista theater for the premier. Still too late for us since we had to get every one up and out the next morning but it was an option.

We were on the ship the weekend the first Avengers premiered (5/4/12), on the Magic. But they didn't show the movie until a few days later when they had it be the "show" in the Walt Disney Theater, which was torture waiting for it! They had large cardboard stand-ups of all the Avengers in front of the theater when we boarded. On another cruise, we were disembarking on a Friday and they showed a movie that was premiering at 12:01 AM (I think it was Secret Life of Timothy Green) which made getting up a few hours later to leave the ship a lot of fun!

I was going to ask this in regards to Guardians of the Galaxy, because we'll be disembarking on 5/5.

Not sure I could slip away from the family to go see it, but it'd be fun if I could.

We will be on the same cruise next week, and we are also hoping we can see GOTG2 on the ship! Since it opens in theaters on the evening of May 4, I am hoping we will get a showing that night in the BVT.

I'm on the April 29 cruise as well and someone who works at Marvel and is also on the cruise did post elsewhere that it will be a PremEAR cruise. He said it will air the night before we dock in Miami but not at what time. Are PremEARs at midnight? That doesn't seem kid-friendly.

I'm on the April 29 cruise as well and someone who works at Marvel and is also on the cruise did post elsewhere that it will be a PremEAR cruise. He said it will air the night before we dock in Miami but not at what time. Are PremEARs at midnight? That doesn't seem kid-friendly.
Yes, PremEARs at Sea are typically at 12:01 (midnight) the day it opens in the US.

There have been rare occasions that a PremEAR at sea was done earlier. Like at 9:00 the night before it actually would open the next day. Those occasions were when the ship was at sea (in a controlled environment) for the day preceding the actual opening day.

We're at Castaway rather than at sea that day, so no luck there.

I get the feeling my husband will be watching it alone then. Our son will be 7 by then but I doubt he'll be able to be up that late in even a year from now. He fell asleep in the middle of Disneyland two months ago at 8:30.

So I am curious, how do they get the film itself? Is there a physical object (e.g. a hard drive or something) that gets carried onto the ship and put in a secret box until the date it's allowed to be shown? Or is the digital file downloaded via satellite? Or...?

I remember when movies used to be on film reels but those days are long gone I imagine.

on our last cruise, our disembarkation day was the day the 'The Force Awakens' premiered and rather than a 12:01 showing, they substituted all evening shows on the last night of the cruise with the movie. You had an assigned, ticketed time if you wanted to see it in the main theater with 3D OR you could see it playing on repeat at any time over the course of the evening/into overnight/the next day in the smaller theater in non-3D. there was ample opportunity for everyone to see it at least once, if not multiple times if they wanted to.

i can only imagine for a similarly anticipated movie like 'Avengers' they would do something similar.

So here in PA, a lot of the big releases start the night before the official date. For example, Guardians had Thursday evening showtimes, and they were at decent hours, NOT midnight. You would think something like a Disney cruise ship would be allowed to do the same thing. A girl can hope!

On our cruise last week Guardians premiered, but there was no "premear" at 12:01. Never remember hearing of this before. Not sure what this means going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter