Odd numbered contracts

byurick

Earning My Ears
Did Disney allow people to direct purchase any number of points at one time? I keep seeing resale listings for 36, 43, 61 point contracts.

You still can as long as it's above their minimum. 25-50 depending on the resort for current members and 100+ for new members

Chatted with DVC today and she was quoting me 249 so still a thing for sure

OK I understand now. I've only see the pricing charts from dvcexplorer and thought you could only buy in chunks of 50 or 75 or 100 etc.

OK I understand now. I've only see the pricing charts from dvcexplorer and thought you could only buy in chunks of 50 or 75 or 100 etc.
The preponderance of people buy in chunks of 25 or 50 because nowadays DVC changes incentive levels at 125, 150, 200, 250, etc. But at various points in the past, the minimum purchases were 160, 220, and 230, and you better believe that those were the most popular contract sizes at those times!

Did Disney allow people to direct purchase any number of points at one time? I keep seeing resale listings for 36, 43, 61 point contracts.
We were one of those that spent a long time calculating how many points we would need to stay a specific number of nights during a specific time of year, every other year, at the resort we were looking to buy for. And then we "padded" the amount of points we wanted by a small amount for good measure (and to perhaps help with when DVC decides to re-allocate their point charts). Ended up buying a 158 point contract because of it. The rep didn't flinch at all when we told him how many points we wanted.

Last edited:
It's not always going to be a fixed week. Some people buy knowing exactly how many points they need for a week each year without buying a fixed week. Or they may be adding points on top of a fixed week to hit an incentive level.

After the 2 fixed weeks I am looking at buying at RIV, I will need a separate 51 point contract to get to the next incentive level, for example.

The preponderance of people buy in chunks of 25 or 50 because nowadays DVC changes incentive levels at 125, 150, 200, 250, etc. But at various points in the past, the minimum purchases were 160, 220, and 230, and you better believe that those were the most popular contract sizes at those times!
Thanks for posting this. I have wondered forever why there are so many 160 pointers.

facebook twitter