• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

I've been looking into excursions. I'm a planner. My dh thinks I'm nuts but he enjoys the ride. I think we are doing excursions in Puerto Vallarta n Columbia. The others we will "wing" it. Is there a plan for a drink tasting or wine tasting?

If it's not too late, count us in for the treat exchange too.
Definitely not too late!

Local Candy Exchange interest
DanielCu
Disnep
Msidescooter
DL1957
DL1957 DSIS,DBIL
franandaj
dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
scrappy cruiser's sister
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune
bbkeough
scrawny
GoGoJulie

I'll see if I can find the receipt from DCL. It was nice. Had a bus to take us there. A pool, beach access with cabanas. Then a buffet lunch. Really enjoyed the food. The local dancers and music was really nice.

We'll sign up for this FE also ...

What does the Local Candy exchange entail?

What are the pin exchange guidelines?

Overall have to see what all we can do as will likely ship everything ahead of time to the hotel like we've done before for our Fantasy Caribbean cruises ...

Is there a particular group name for this sailing?

woot ... do you recall what the resort name in Cartagena was ?
It was the Las Americans Beach and Pool. I posted a tiny URL (link) to the DCL port adventures for the Panama Canal ports. It might help to see what's available. The costs has gone up since last year.

Hi everyone! I'm Cyndi and my family will be joining you all on this cruise. It will be our 6th cruise in DCL and our first PC cruise! My DH is Ricky, and my boys are Ethan (14) and Ashton (12). It's been on our bucket list for a few years, so we're beyond excited.
We get involved in everything, and love to meet our fellow cruisers!
We live in SD so if you have questions..... ask away! We were both born and raised in LA, but have been down in SD for over 10 years now, so we know them both pretty well!
We are Annual Pass Holders at Disneyland, so if you have questions or need info, I can help with that too. We are there every couple of weeks.....

We would like to do
1. trick or treating
2. the candy exchange
3. Mixology

I already signed up for FE using the survey link in a previous post!

Thank you!!

So this is our first Disney cruise, and we booked as soon as it became available to the general public - which was months and months ago. We finally got an email from the cruise line to welcome us and provide all sorts of information. It just feels like things have started progressing a little faster. I feel like the 228 days left will fly compared to all the days we've been waiting since we first put our money down.

On a completely different note, since we'll be on the boat a week or so into November, do any of the experienced DCL cruisers know if we'll start seeing holiday decorations going up? I think the parks start putting them up at the beginning of November.

Hi everyone! I'm Cyndi and my family will be joining you all on this cruise. It will be our 6th cruise in DCL and our first PC cruise! My DH is Ricky, and my boys are Ethan (14) and Ashton (12). It's been on our bucket list for a few years, so we're beyond excited.
We get involved in everything, and love to meet our fellow cruisers!
We live in SD so if you have questions..... ask away! We were both born and raised in LA, but have been down in SD for over 10 years now, so we know them both pretty well!
We are Annual Pass Holders at Disneyland, so if you have questions or need info, I can help with that too. We are there every couple of weeks.....

We would like to do
1. trick or treating
2. the candy exchange
3. Mixology

I already signed up for FE using the survey link in a previous post!

Thank you!!

Local Candy Exchange interest
DanielCu
Disnep
Msidescooter
DL1957
DL1957 DSIS,DBIL
franandaj
dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
scrappy cruiser's sister
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune
bbkeough
scrawny
GoGoJulie
ethanash1

:welcome:

So this is our first Disney cruise, and we booked as soon as it became available to the general public - which was months and months ago. We finally got an email from the cruise line to welcome us and provide all sorts of information. It just feels like things have started progressing a little faster. I feel like the 228 days left will fly compared to all the days we've been waiting since we first put our money down.

On a completely different note, since we'll be on the boat a week or so into November, do any of the experienced DCL cruisers know if we'll start seeing holiday decorations going up? I think the parks start putting them up at the beginning of November.
:welcome:

My guess is that this will remain a Halloween themed cruise, although I do not know for sure.

Oooh! I might have to Google some pictures of that. I just thought it might be fun to knock out our Christmas card pictures before we get off the boat. This is easily the most fun thing that'll happen this year :santa:

This was on our December 2015 DCL cruise! I am pretty sure we were on the Magic, I remember we were thrilled to see Tangled!!

IMG_1382.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! That would be a great background for Christmas card photos, but I can see why it may not be done before the cruise is over. It's quite elaborate. Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

IMG_3876 (2).JPG

Nice to see how other ships did their gingerbread houses. This was constructed during our Nov 7 2015 Fantasy cruise and completed before we disembarked. The smell of gingerbread was wonderful :)

Hey All!
FInally getting around to finding this group. I haven't had time to go through all of the posts, is there a facebook group for our cruise?
Thanks!

Anybody booked a room at Wyndham San Diego Bayside? Got a great rate for $169 per night!
We are at the same hotel. You got a great deal, we paid a bit more. We have two rooms with two people per room. Maybe that makes a difference.

We are at the same hotel. You got a great deal, we paid a bit more. We have two rooms with two people per room. Maybe that makes a difference.

Anyone that still needs to book: You can get a standard king or standard double for $162/night (plus tax, non-refundable, use 10% off code 4LEAFCLOVER) through Hotels.com. That code might be for today only.

IMG_4690.PNGThe D was hard to find as every D saw was Disney.
Where is this one located?

Last edited:
I for some reason don't want to see Christmas on this cruise. Hope they don't do too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter