• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

Hi Everyone! I'll be a Platinum on this cruise. This will be my first Panama Canal cruise and I'm so excited! The cruise schedule is perfect for me because I'll be celebrating my birthday at Sea. Looking forward to meet with you all soon!

Hi Everyone! I'll be a Platinum on this cruise. This will be my first Panama Canal cruise and I'm so excited! The cruise schedule is perfect for me because I'll be celebrating my birthday at Sea. Looking forward to meet with you all soon!
:welcome:

What great timing!

DW and I confirmed this booking this weekend :). It was a close call between this and two other cruises we had deposits on ... we've been to every port except for Cartagena ... and the Panama Canal (which isn't a must-do for DW) so the itinerary wasn't as exciting. But a chance to celebrate Halloween twice (at Disneyland prior ... and on the cruise itself), our Anniversary ... and my birthday ... plus easier travel from Western Canada sealed the deal.

luv2surf ... we also have a room booked at the Wyndham :) ... great to have another Scorpio onboard :)

mndisfam ... how long does it take to Cartagena from the port ... there must be places around where one can sit and just take in the sights if one doesn't want to walk around too much ? Thanks ...

:welcome:

When we were in Cartagena in January 2016, we did a Pirate Ship harbor cruise with on board local entertainment. It pulled out of the port area our Princess ship was docked in. After the excursion we were able to walk just a bit to the entrance to the port where there was a smallish duty free shop to shop in. It was not well stocked, but it was something.

DW and I confirmed this booking this weekend :). It was a close call between this and two other cruises we had deposits on ... we've been to every port except for Cartagena ... and the Panama Canal (which isn't a must-do for DW) so the itinerary wasn't as exciting. But a chance to celebrate Halloween twice (at Disneyland prior ... and on the cruise itself), our Anniversary ... and my birthday ... plus easier travel from Western Canada sealed the deal.

luv2surf ... we also have a room booked at the Wyndham :) ... great to have another Scorpio onboard :)

mndisfam ... how long does it take to Cartagena from the port ... there must be places around where one can sit and just take in the sights if one doesn't want to walk around too much ? Thanks ...

The boat docks right in port, and you can see Old Town. I knew several people that just walked to the bars, etc on their own. But it's a HUGE port
and not a turn key cruise ship port.

Old town is amazing, buts it a warren of streets, alleys and crazy crazy traffic. Even tho I have been there before, we are taking another city tour.

I felt safe in Old Town, but again, the vendors had to be chased off constantly. I had the feeling if u stopped with a map you would be so bombarded you would get confused easily and spend time telling them to get lost.

It reminded us of the scene in Airplane when Stryker tries to get thru LAX and is constantly accosted by activists.

They also would follow us- we did the bus and walking tour combo and the same vendors met us at each stop as we got off the bus. Impressive organization!

The square in front of the cathedral had cafes, iirc.

We have been to almost all the ports as well. But I'm really looking forward to the days at sea.

Thanks for the info mndisfam ... concerned at first it might be an hr long bus ride in ... the last time we were in a South American port was over 20 years ago in Caracas which is now listed as one of the ten most dangerous cruise ports in the world ...

We will be going to MNSSHP at DL on the 25th as well. We are taking Amtrak to both DL and SD. As far as Cartagena, we did one of DCL excursion. It was one of resorts with a great buffet and local music and dancers. We will probably do it again if offered.

Anybody booked a room at Wyndham San Diego Bayside? Got a great rate for $169 per night!
I just booked our room at the same hotel. Did not get the same rate, but it is within walking distance of the train station and the ship.

We have not booked any rooms or flights and won't until we make more or enough points this year with my hubbys work trips.

Hi. My dh and I are on this cruise and are super excited. We are in for candy exchange and a liquor tasting. We are going to Disneyland before the cruise and are going to the Halloween party.

Hi. My dh and I are on this cruise and are super excited. We are in for candy exchange and a liquor tasting. We are going to Disneyland before the cruise and are going to the Halloween party.
Welcome!:welcome:

Local Candy Exchange interest
Disnep
Msidescooter
DL1957
DL1957 DSIS,DBIL
franandaj
dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
scrappy cruiser's sister
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune
bbkeough
scrawny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter