October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

Wow Sean - tough choice! But your parents seem to have it bad - hear those greyhounds are very addictive!

Hard to believe our ability to get into chat is ending. I still usually check in there each chat night, but never anyone there anymore. But then again, I don't tend to stick around and wait, because I'm not expecting anyone to pop in! Not like it used to be - if hung around a few minutes, someone from my court joined me :rotfl: Hopefully we'll see a few people check in over the next month while we can still use it.

And thanks again, Arlene for setting that up for us. It was an awesome way to get to meet and know our fellow cruisers. My husband wasn't so happy about it, I don't think - in case anyone didn't realize it, I tended to spend a "little" bit of time in there :rolleyes1 - until we got on board and I was able to introduce him to all these people I'd connected with. It really made our cruise...sniff...sniff...starting to fill up here! (Funny thing is - I'm not joking! Really am tearing up!)

Did finally get some pics loaded into Photobucket - must go check and get some good ones to post here!

Valerie

Adam getting buried...

holiday2008172.jpg

I call her Tinkerbelle...

holiday2008183.jpg

Ed realizing the fun/torture of having boys instead of girls...

holiday2008148-1.jpg

Our Halloween pic...

holiday2008127.jpg

And who is this lovely looking family????

holiday2008130.jpg

Valerie

Okay, I'm on a roll.....

Our Pirate night pic...

holiday2008053.jpg

Another lovely family....have watched the dolphin swim video about 10 times, how about you??? Every time we watch it and they show the ocean view - Brian says "that's where I lost Shelby's flipflop!" (also have a pic of Kim's family, but don't know if she's ever posted pics of her kids on here, so won't post it. Will say again, the Dolphin swim with all of you was the highlight of our trip!

holiday2008004.jpg

Hard to pick out in the pic, but when Adam took the pickles off his burger, a hidden mickey was left behind! (this was on Castaway Cay)

holiday2008169.jpg

Our great servers - Ali and Thomas!

holiday2008126.jpg

And one final one...Mike learning my two can hold their own! And you worried Cameron would be too rough with them - pishaw!

holiday2008156.jpg

If ever load any more on photobucket, will post more. Hope to see someone in chat tomorrow night!

Valerie

I second everyone's Thank You to Arlene for keeping up the HOTHS site. :worship: I will miss the ease of chatting with everyone. It did help with getting to know everyone before our cruise.

I have been crazy busy since we got back. I have had meetings, basketball games and parties that made me miss chat lately. I have missed taking that time to chat with you all. :surfweb: I hope you are all doing well and adjusting to life in reality.

On the job front....the owner is coming out tomorrow and I have to give her my decision tomorrow. Not sure when I have felt so much pressure in a long time. :eek:

Sean~~loving your trip report! Congrats to your mom and dad.

PS~~anyone wanting a list of the songs on the CD just send me a PM and I will give you a list. Found another use for it..listened to the first half and it jazzed me up and I cleaned the house in no time! :laundy:

Dana

Well, checked in on chat and no one is there, work has been taking up all my time lately and I cannot believe Christmas is right around the corner.

Val, looking at those pictures makes it seem like yesterday I can remember that last day on Castaway Cay so clearly and wish we were there right now.

Cameron got his permit and drove for the first time the other night....Let's just say I will not be in the car with him again for quite some time. Mike will have to be the one teaching him as I am way to nervous.

Seeing all those pictures should motivate me to get in gear and download the ones I have remaining into photobucket.

But here is one of my favorites:
Cruise740.jpg

These are from Amy's album (see above post); they are certainly professional grade photos (doesn't hurt to have good subjects, too):

Ameera?

47b8cc29b3127cce98548bd8c5a90000004.jpg

Hayleigh & Mason?

cr0000930930910951952.jpg

Jackie: From your trip report: "...then DS decided that he needed to get his haircut over at MK as this is one of the things he does every year...
well the barbers had a long line out on to the street..."

Where does he get his hair cut? Do they do it differently in the MK? or is it just a tradition?

Jackie: From your trip report: "...then DS decided that he needed to get his haircut over at MK as this is one of the things he does every year...
well the barbers had a long line out on to the street..."

Where does he get his hair cut? Do they do it differently in the MK? or is it just a tradition?

there is a barber shop in Magic Kingdom on Main Street where he gets a hair cut and has it coloured and spicked each year
It had become a tradition
last time we had to wait for nearly an hour :scared1:
wdw097.jpg

was delighted this time he wasn't waiting

there is a barber shop in Magic Kingdom on Main Street where he gets a hair cut and has it coloured and spicked each year
It had become a tradition
last time we had to wait for nearly an hour :scared1:
wdw097.jpg

was delighted this time he wasn't waiting

Both my girls have had their First Haircuts there with Michal. He's great and does such a good job with kiddos! It IS a special thing where they get special FIRST HAIRCUT mickey ears, a certificate, and they wrap the clippings in a tissue and seal it with a mickey sticker! Just too great to pass up!

It's next to the firehouse over in the corner hidden away. There's only two or three barber chairs there, hence the long wait. For Tori's there were three and for Ameera's there were two.

Ameera's first haircut 11/4/07

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

We leave tomorrow on a 10-night Holland America cruise to the Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez. I'll check in when we return.

Woody

We leave tomorrow on a 10-night Holland America cruise to the Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez. I'll check in when we return.

Woody

Woody, you and the Mrs. Woody have a great time!

Just a thought....ever want to adopt, I'm always available!!!!:rotfl:

Bon Voyage!

Woody, you and the Mrs. Woody have a great time!

Just a thought....ever want to adopt, I'm always available!!!!
Thanks!

The bags are packed, and we are taking half of the stuff we take on a Disney cruise (no pirate gear, door signs, fish extender, or pins to trade). This will be a relaxing cruise. We packed books that we will actually read.

I'll check in when we return.

Woody

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter