October 2022 Exercise Thread - Hocus Pocus Fitness Focus!

40 minutes since last check in - growwithjo video - didn't really feel like moving, but I knew jo would make it fun, and she did - and i felt better for having done it; also added a few minutes for walking downtown on Sunday - we went to the theatre and had to park farther away than usual due to construction - we saw Pretty Woman the Musical, and it was one and done for me - the cast was sublime (particularly Vivian, Barnard, and Kit), but the show overall just doesn't translate well to the stage, in my unsolicited opinion (ha!)

1120/1800

Went to an outdoor shopping center on Saturday so I'll estimate 25 minutes of walking for the weekend. My parents were in town visiting and they left early this morning. Always sad to say goodbye, but I should be back in the swing of more regular exercise this week. Though, I think I pulled something. My left leg/hip is killing me!

330/700
Sorry to hear you're hurting! Hopefully it's not sciatic nerve pain, but if it is, stretch #1 on this list brought me tons of relief when I had it years ago. That stretch was recommended by my acupuncturist, and he was right. It felt so good. I hope you are already feeling better by now, though!

20 minutes of a brisk walk at lunch. This time of year is so busy with all the holiday stuff. It's nice to take a quiet walk at lunch. Also, whoops, forgot to put my numbers on my last post. Sorry to make you do math!

484/600 - 80%

Last edited:

Sorry to hear you're hurting! Hopefully it's not sciatic nerve pain, but if it is, stretch #1 on this list brought me tons of relief when I had it years ago. That stretch was recommended by my acupuncturist, and he was right. It felt so good. I hope you are already feeling better by now, though!
Thank you for the recommendation. My leg was feeling better, but not 100%. I did that stretch as part of my bedtime yoga tonight and it was noticeable how different my tense left side felt from my right side!
+60 for the day. 50 from a walk in the park and 10 for the aforementioned yoga stretch.
390/700

25 minutes for me (445/600) and congrats to Bethislucy on reaching Sarah Sanderson Purple!! :figment:

I'm out of stuff specific to Sarah, so we'll move on to books:

1666375452880.png1666374916948.png1666374971334.png 1666375007968.png

The first picture is the "Book" from the movie - which a quick look on Pinterest says you can recreate in all sorts of ways - from various crafts to cakes and brownies!

The second is the "all new" sequel (published in 2018). It's not the same as the movie sequel, so I do recommend it if you're a fan! It centers on Max and Allison's daughter bringing the witches back.

The third pic is a cookbook (which I actually have and will talk more about in another post).

And the forth, I didn't even know existed until I was searching for the other images! It's an illustrated novelization of the original movie.

(It also looks like there are some coloring books out there.)

Beautiful photo, @Elizabeth Smith!

35 minutes for me, and I'm at 480/600 and Binx Black! 🐈‍⬛

1666527695001.png 1666528118926.png

1666527713463.pngBinx in cat form was played by six animatronic cats and eight real ones - Stimpy, Felix, Mad Cat, Clyde, Killer, Rio, Tom-Cat, and 'Fraidy Cat - all with different training specialties. During scenes where Binx talked, the real cats were filmed and a CGI head was added in later.

source: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Thackery_Binx

25 minutes for me (445/600) and congrats to Bethislucy on reaching Sarah Sanderson Purple!! :figment:

I'm out of stuff specific to Sarah, so we'll move on to books:

View attachment 712268View attachment 712263View attachment 712264 View attachment 712265

The first picture is the "Book" from the movie - which a quick look on Pinterest says you can recreate in all sorts of ways - from various crafts to cakes and brownies!

The second is the "all new" sequel (published in 2018). It's not the same as the movie sequel, so I do recommend it if you're a fan! It centers on Max and Allison's daughter bringing the witches back.

The third pic is a cookbook (which I actually have and will talk more about in another post).

And the forth, I didn't even know existed until I was searching for the other images! It's an illustrated novelization of the original movie.

(It also looks like there are some coloring books out there.)
I've had my eye on that cookbook. It's on prominent display at our local Barnes & Noble, and I pick it up each time I visit. I can't decide if I should get it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter