October 2022 Exercise Thread - Hocus Pocus Fitness Focus!

55 minutes since my last update (580/600) and I'm at Mary Sanderson Red!

Here is an interview with Kathy Najimy, who play Mary Sanderson in both movies:

PS - If you haven't played Disney Emoji Blitz yet, it's pretty fun! My niece recommended it to me, and I've played it a few times. (I don't have any Hocus pocus characters, though.)

The team is at 5,698 and has only 40 minutes to go to Binx Black!! :cheer2:

25 minutes for me, it was part of a 90 minute Haunted Histories event, but there was a lot of standing. One of the things you probably don't realize about Hocus Pocus is that it really fuels a lot of tourism in Salem. I've been 'downtown' five times this October and I've always seen at least one set of Sanderson Sisters. Some of them are professionals, who pose for 'tips', typically $1 to $5 depending on how many selfies you get, while others are just people who love to dress up. I grabbed a snap for you of the latter.... this is the crowd at 8pm on a Thursday, supposedly it'll get even crazier as we get closer to Halloween.

533/600 - 88%PXL_20221027_232652939.jpg

Thanks for the cool pic, @Raya!

And congrats to Elizabeth Smith, who has reached Mary Sanderson Red, and the TEAM, which is now at 🐈‍⬛ Binx Black!!

Young Mary is played by newcomer Nina Kitchen:
1666989134917.png1666988297234.png

who reminds me a little of a young Gaby Hoffman (as Samantha in "Now and Then"):
compare photos.png

She doesn't have an IMDb bio yet, but Popsugar says she's also a dancer. 🩰

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Halloween Weekend!!
1667045122081.png

🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛ Congrats to sophy1996 on reaching Binx Black!! 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

And 20 new minutes puts me at 600 and Winnifred Sanderson Green

1667044695386.png

Winnifred is played in Hocus Pocus 2 by Bette Midler and Taylor Paige Henderson. Here's an article from Today about how the young actress prepared for the roll (re-watching the original a lot!!!) and the advice she got from Midler herself ("...Bigger is always better with [Winnifred]").

https://www.today.com/popculture/mo...winifred-interview-taylor-henderson-rcna51049

+95

1005/1200

We went for a walk through the neighborhood last night to admire Halloween decorations and came upon a Hocus Pocus house! The first clue was a banner out front that said "I smell children." They had a couple of other banners (including one that specifically named Hocus Pocus), witches' hats in the trees, and black cats all over the lawn.

Several other houses were really decorated, including one with an inflatable light-up dragon that moves its wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter