• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2022 Exercise Thread - Hocus Pocus Fitness Focus!

15 min yesterday for me (220/600) and congrats to Bethislucy on reaching Halloween Orange!! :tigger:

There is tons of Hocus Pocus merchandise out there to help fans celebrate Halloween. I found everything from pumpkins:

(I have this one:1665601266723.png- from Walgreens, of course)

to pet supplies:
1665601325005.png (from Chewy - they have toys too)

to placemats:
1665601469345.png (amazon)

all kinds of clothes, bobbleheads, wine glasses:
1665601560670.png 1665601661698.png (these ones are from Esty, but Spirt Halloween and Hallmark have some too)

and even special versions of favorite games:
1665601749580.png

Feel free to post pics of any Hocus Pocus Halloween stuff you have (or want, or just saw somewhere...)

Last edited:

I like your team. I myself want to finally start working out this week!! I recently started exercising more regularly, and when I read articles on https://betterme.world/articles/fitness/trainings/hiit-training/ , they motivate me even more. I have been working out regularly for two weeks now and I see positive changes in my body. Sport is really great both for health and for mood and self-esteem

Last edited:

So a little Salem story... I have an ancestral connection to the witch trails, as Thomas Fisk (Fisk is my last name) was jury member on the last trail, which was for Rebecca Nurse. In my life I've met three people who also have family connections: a Putnam (connected to one of the girls who said she was possessed), a Proctor (connected to one of men who was convicted and hung) and a gal who was a descendant of Rebecca Nurse's Sister... and we found these connections out thru totally random conversations.

+30 Sunday
+30 Monday
+40 Tuesday
+40 Wednesday

410/930... 44%

Was too busy to get any minutes on Wednesday or Thursday, but today I went to a fall farm festival and we were there 3 hours. I'll do our typical method of dividing by three to get active minutes for all the walking around we did (including two corn mazes, one of which was haunted 😱). +60

305/700

50 minutes today for me (got out for a walk with my neighbor) so I am at 335/600 and Sarah Sanderson Purple!

The story is that Sarah Jessica Parker loved flying so much in Hocus Pocus that she would stay in her flying rig on breaks:

She spoke fondly of the film, adding, "I loved flying."

“They’d call ‘cut’ and they’d go to lunch or maybe they’d change the lens, and I’d just stay up there,” she said. “I could fit an entire New York Times up the back of the corset. And I found that the harness was comfortable, so I would just sit up there and read the Times while people took their breaks or changed the camera and sometime went to lunch.”

from this article

Hello from Salem! Got 45 minutes taking pictures for you. Salem is a small town of 20k people and just 8 sq miles until Halloween time, when there are 80k to 100k tourists visiting each day. A lot of locals point to Hocus Pocus as the cause.

here's the Ropes Mansion that was used as Allison's house:
PXL_20221016_142305570.jpg
And the town hall where the cursed party that keeps the adults dancing all night long happens in the movie:

PXL_20221016_152856089.jpg

250 minutes for me (205/600) and congrats to :tigger:sophy1996 and :tigger: Elizabeth Smith on reaching Halloween Orange, and to Raya for being the first to reach :figment: Sarah Sanderson Purple!

The team stands at 2344/7650 and 31% :cheer2:

Adult Sarah is played by Sarah Jessica Parker in both films, and young Sarah is played by Juju Brener in Hocus Pocus 2.

View attachment 710068 View attachment 710069 View attachment 710073

Since they weren't actually in scenes together, they met for the first time at the film's premier, but all of the young actresses seemed to have studied the work of their older counterparts, and I absolutely believed they were playing the same characters when I watched the movie.

JuJu's IMDb page
I thought the younger actresses were spot on with the older ones, too. They did a fantastic job!

Hello, all, and thanks for getting us the cool pics, @Raya!

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle :figment:for reaching purple and 🐈‍⬛Raya 🐈‍⬛ for being the first to Binx Black!

I also added another 30 minutes of treadmill walking last night (365/600)

and team totals now stand at 3,604 minutes and 47%!!! :cheer2:
We're only 221 minutes from team purple.

1665946694257.png 1665946679537.png 1665946772831.png

Did you know Binx is actually played by two different actors in Hocus Pocus?! Sean Murray (yes, later from NCIS) plays the human version of Thackery Binx, while Jason Marsden voices Binx as a cat and his voice is dubbed over Sean's lines. The producers apparently thought that Sean's voice sounded too contemporary, and wanted Binx to have "an affected accent from the same time period as the witches." (insider.com)

Went to an outdoor shopping center on Saturday so I'll estimate 25 minutes of walking for the weekend. My parents were in town visiting and they left early this morning. Always sad to say goodbye, but I should be back in the swing of more regular exercise this week. Though, I think I pulled something. My left leg/hip is killing me!

330/700

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter