October 2019 trip- So many questions~

SandyJ7

Earning My Ears
October 2019 we will be joining our daughter and granddaughter for 6 days at the park.
The kiddos are 5,2, and 1. I know that the Halloween party is going on but we will not be attending.
How are "park days" during that time? She wants one park a day. Obviously since this is their first trip MK will be amazing for them. Just got back from a 1 day visit, Feb.11, and it was CRAZY crowded.
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing their faces as they experience the magic!!
Sandy

I was at MK in October a couple years ago, and MK was packed. It was on a day when the MNSSHP was not going on, so more people jammed the park. Recommend get to the park(s) early as it should not be as busy and should be able to get on more rides. Make sure to take advantage of FP, and have a great trip!!

I’ve been during October in 2014 and 2015 and am planning another October trip for this year. Granted A LOT has changed since then but October is such a fun time to go.

Definitely agree uth the previous reply that on days when there is no party people flock to MK. You say one park a day - does that mean you only have 4 park days (one park per day) or you are planning 6 days as park days?

Also, this October has seen the elimination of evening EMH at Magic Kingdom. Not sure if that will affect your plans. We have a little one with us this year and I know she would not stay awake into the late hours so we might be making rope drop every day just because we will already be up.

We will (possibly) add a Universal day, or another park day. The other day is for travel. My daughter feels that one park a day will work well with the young kids. I think she feels "stamnia" may be an issue.
In February this year I got a 1 day hopper and did 23,500 steps in one day. I am not sure shes up to that. lol

I loved the evening lights on the castle, and I know they would love that, but - lets hope there are many more trips to WDW in their future. We took my daughter ever vear from age 3 to 15. lol

Gotcha. We are only doing four park days as well during our trip without park hopper. We love MK and know there will be a lot more for DD to experience there, we will devote two days to it. Also definitely going to AK. That leaves us picking between EPCOT and HS for the other day. I'm leaning towards EPCOT because the crowds in HS visiting Galaxy's Edge will probably still be awful by October. Also, EPCOT has Frozen and a little show with Miguel from Coco (which for some reason is one of her favorite movies. Who knew a one year old would be so into skeletons? :D ) What sort of rides, characters, etc. Does your group enjoy?

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not because it's been maybe 2 years since I've been during MNSSHP, but...

I have heard it recommended that if you have tickets to the party, you should avoid MK on that day because obviously you will be using your party ticket to visit MK in the evening. So if people follow that advice or are planning along those lines I would *think* that MK should be less crowded during the morning/afternoon when it's a party day. You also have to take into consideration that MK will close early to guests without party tickets when there is a party scheduled for the evening. So if you did try to go during the day you would miss the nighttime and fireworks, etc for that day.

Is your daughter definitely against getting park hoppers? If it is in the budget, I would reconsider. I personally like having them, even with young kids, for maximum flexibility. If it’s a party day you won’t be able to stay in the park into the evening. So you could spend the majority of the day in MK, but then you might want to hop over somewhere to eat or do a ride. And vice versa, if it’s not a party day maybe you would do Epcot, go back and rest, then hop to MK so they can see it at night.

Just my two cents, I know plenty of people don’t like to spend money on hoppers. We just like to keep our options open each day beyond planned fast passes and ADR’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter