October 2012 - Spooky, Wild, Exotic and a lot of food!

Your morning jog sounds so lovely! It's on my list for next trip and I love those 'good morning-ers' so it sounds perfect.

Muppets are just the best! I just love that show so much and there is always something new to notice in the preshow.

Good job on matching your drink with your nails :thumbsup2

I LOVE the pre-show to the Muppets! I think it is so hilarious and entertaining. Plus, it's nice to get out of the heat and relax for a bit. :thumbsup2

Because of you, we went to the Wine Bar in Italy and it was fabulous! :cool1:

I can't wait to hear about your experience at Via Napoli. We LOVED it and i'm hoping you did too.

Hi Lesha,

So glad you tried Tutto Gusto on your trip! I love it in there, we went again later in the trip.. which makes three visits in 2012 :rolleyes1 lol.
My family quote the Muppets pre-show and show all the time, love it so much!

Via Napoli review coming up ....

Looks like a fun morning at HS, we like the Tower of Terror better than Toy Story Mania too lol

We ate at Via Napoli for the first time in October, we really enjoyed it.

Hi!
I'm glad we chose ToT that morning - it was fun to turn right into Sunset Boulevard while the crowds walked/ran to TSMM! :cutie:

The friendship boat is nice, but it sure is slow.

I can't wait to read what you thought of Via Napoli!

Hi Mel, review coming up soon :goodvibes

We nearly always walk to DHS from the Boardwalk rather than get the Friendships - I don't find it too long a walk and really enjoy it ... there's so few people along the walkway that it feels like a 'secret' part of WDW!

What a nice morning! If I ever got up early enough, I'd love to take a run around my resort. The Boardwalk is so scenic!
You guys got a lot accomplished at DHS-- I love mornings like that!
Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Via Napoli-- I want to try it so badly!

Hi! I think the jetlag was still helping me wake up early, hence the morning run ;) but I would definitely do it again... plus the WDW half marathon, one day! :cutie:

Your morning jog sounds so lovely! It's on my list for next trip and I love those 'good morning-ers' so it sounds perfect.

Muppets are just the best! I just love that show so much and there is always something new to notice in the preshow.

Good job on matching your drink with your nails :thumbsup2

Hi!

Oh yeah.. I meant to pick a cocktail that matched my nail polish :rotfl: I hadn't noticed that!

The morning run was great, I really wish I'd run another lap around the lake now!

The Muppets pre-show is so good - one of my favourite props is the 'net full of Jello' ... tribute to Annette Funicello the Mouseketeer :thumbsup2

Next update coming up!

Emma princess: x

Hi Mel, review coming up soon :goodvibes

We nearly always walk to DHS from the Boardwalk rather than get the Friendships - I don't find it too long a walk and really enjoy it ... there's so few people along the walkway that it feels like a 'secret' part of WDW!

I agree with you. I love walking from the Epcot resorts to DHS and like that it's so uncrowded.

Soon it was time for our lunch reservation at Via Napoli – I was so excited to try this restaurant, it had been on my 'to do' list ever since it opened!

We checked in and were told our table would be ready soon, but as soon as we sat down in the waiting area, a server called our name!

We had a really nice table by a window that looked out onto a small courtyard. It was quite far from the pizza ovens and chef area, but we could still see over there.

IMG_3693_zps6a789ec3.jpg

The décor was beautiful...

IMG_3696_zps4bc5098e.jpg
IMG_3697_zpsaf5fbb3f.jpg
IMG_3699_zps3761bc76.jpg

We ordered drinks to start, DH got an Italian beer and got a glass of white sangria.

IMG_3694_zps16d4df44.jpg
IMG_3695_zps9f9afae0.jpg

We decided to get an appetiser each, and then share a medium pizza – we considered getting the side salad too, but so glad we didn't... the pizza was enormous!

I had the risotto balls to start, and DH had some cured meats, cheese & bread.

IMG_3698_zps63e84851.jpg

Both were excellent... next came the pizza!

IMG_3701_zps816fb480.jpg

We ordered the Parma ham and melon pizza, but our server suggested that we get half that pizza and half of his favourite – artichoke with truffle oil. It turned out to be a great suggestion, we loved both toppings and would never have ordered the suggested one otherwise!

The pizza was HUGE! The base & crust were excellent, it was just like pizzas I've had in Italy, Spain & Greece.

While we were there we actually decided to go on a trip this year to Italy! Neither of us have been since school trips 15 years ago – so we think it's time to go back. :goodvibes

We managed to eat nearly all of the pizza, but were so full up there was definitely no room for dessert!

A few tables away, there was a guest having lunch who looked remarkably like a famous football (soccer) player (Cristiano Ronaldo) .. we kept glancing over trying to decide if it was him, especially as some servers stopped to talk to him! But we decided it wasn't, and he was probably an Italian cast member ;)

Overall it was an excellent lunch, I would definitely go back – and our servers were excellent too, really charming & attentive. I wrote their names down and included them on my email to WDW customer services when we got home.

IMG_1461_zps51f58188.jpg

We slowly walked out of the restaurant, and stopped to watch the entertainer Sergio...

IMG_3702_zps737f4e89.jpg

IMG_3703_zps0062a40a.jpg
IMG_3704_zpsae0deb76.jpg
IMG_3705_zps53498b14.jpg

Then we wandered back to the Boardwalk, we were both so full up and wanted to have a break as we had a busy evening planned... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
Back at the room, DH had a nap and I sat on the balcony reading my book.

IMG_3707_zps46233636.jpg

There were several weddings taking place at the Boardwalk that day – I got to watch a few photo shoot of the bridal parties!

IMG_3708_zps521dc540.jpg
IMG_3709_zps007ba1ba.jpg
IMG_3710_zps1d7fdb54.jpg
IMG_1462_zps3f690d74.jpg

About 5pm I had a shower and laid out my costume for the party.... Barbie from Toy Story 3!

IMG_3711_zpse4d5371d.jpg

I spent about 45 minutes putting my make up on, I had so much on!

IMG_1464_zps5e966d81.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos of myself in costume.. here is one I took when we got back to the room, sorry it's not great as I took it in the mirror at 1am... :cutie:

IMG_1468_zps88486efa.jpg

We headed out of the room to the bus stop, and were soon on our way to the Magic Kingdom! It was fun to see other peoples' costumes as they got on the bus. DH didn't want to dress up, so I think I stuck out a bit.. but it was quite a simple costume – just a lot of makeup, extra blonde hair and stripey leg warmers :laughing:

We loved Via Napoli too! I haven't got that far yet in my TR to write about it, but i'm excited to talk about it. Dang! You should have gotten a picture of him. Even if he looked a little bit like Cristiano Renaldo, that probably means he was very good looking! :cloud9:

Aw you look great in your barbie costume! I can't wait to hear about the party.

That pizza looks amazing--I adore truffle oil!
I love your Barbie costume! So fun!

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli, your pizza looked amazing! I would have liked to have seen a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike when we were there.....

Great pictures of Sergio, I like watching him but that whistle drives me crazy :)

Your Barbie costume is fab!

Have you got snow where you live Emma? We do here in the midlands and it's taking forever to melt.

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Via Napoli! It's my one of my favorites in WDW.

I wish I had taken the time to just relax on my balcony. We never seem to be able to slow down and enjoy resting.

Great updates, Emma! You can really get so much done in the Studios if you are there early and don't join the masses at TSM, it looks like. Very accomplished morning! :thumbsup2

Okay, not going to lie, I laughed at your drink ordering experience. :lmao: Hey, it can't hurt to ask for a bigger drink, right?

We LOOOOOVE Via Napoli! Probably my favorite restaurant on property, although it's not like I can claim to have eaten at very many to begin with. :rotfl: The artichoke/truffle oil pizza looks delicious!! How great that it has inspired an Italy trip for y'all. :goodvibes We are going next year, and I could not be any more excited! It has been a dream vacation of mine since I was little. :cloud9: How funny to read that you went there on school trips! :laughing: Of course, it is quite a bit closer, and I'm sure easier to get to, for you!!

Your costume is adorable! I can't wait to read about your party experience. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time on our trip this year! :hyper:

We loved Via Napoli too! I haven't got that far yet in my TR to write about it, but i'm excited to talk about it. Dang! You should have gotten a picture of him. Even if he looked a little bit like Cristiano Renaldo, that probably means he was very good looking! :cloud9:

Aw you look great in your barbie costume! I can't wait to hear about the party.

Hi Lesha, thanks for commenting - we loved Via Napoli so much.. I wasn't sure if having an ADR in Epcot during Food & Wine Festival was a good idea, as there's so much on offer around the lagoon, but I'm so glad we did eat there :goodvibes
The Ronaldo lookalike is sat on the centre table in this photo (dark blue shirt)...

IMG_1461_zps51f58188.jpg

hehe :cutie:

The party was so much fun... hope to write about it soon!

That pizza looks amazing--I adore truffle oil!
I love your Barbie costume! So fun!

Hi! The pizza was excellent... artichoke isn't a vegetable I'd usually choose, but it worked so well with the white cheese and truffle oil :thumbsup2

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli, your pizza looked amazing! I would have liked to have seen a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike when we were there.....

Great pictures of Sergio, I like watching him but that whistle drives me crazy :)

Your Barbie costume is fab!

Have you got snow where you live Emma? We do here in the midlands and it's taking forever to melt.

Hi!

Lol Sergio's whistle was quite persistent during the act, it was really clever though... he got a young boy to walk 200 yards away with a net, and then he threw a football right through it!

Yes we've had quite a bit of snow.. I got sent home from work on Friday at 11.30am, then we spent most of the weekend digging out our cars and clearing the roads - hopefully the weather will warm up soon :goodvibes

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Via Napoli! It's my one of my favorites in WDW.

I wish I had taken the time to just relax on my balcony. We never seem to be able to slow down and enjoy resting.

Hi Mel! I think Via Napoli is one of my favourites too now :thumbsup2

We were so lucky with our balcony and that view.. it was quite hard just to sit and read because I got distracted with everything going on around the Boardwalk!

Great updates, Emma! You can really get so much done in the Studios if you are there early and don't join the masses at TSM, it looks like. Very accomplished morning! :thumbsup2

Okay, not going to lie, I laughed at your drink ordering experience. :lmao: Hey, it can't hurt to ask for a bigger drink, right?

We LOOOOOVE Via Napoli! Probably my favorite restaurant on property, although it's not like I can claim to have eaten at very many to begin with. :rotfl: The artichoke/truffle oil pizza looks delicious!! How great that it has inspired an Italy trip for y'all. :goodvibes We are going next year, and I could not be any more excited! It has been a dream vacation of mine since I was little. :cloud9: How funny to read that you went there on school trips! :laughing: Of course, it is quite a bit closer, and I'm sure easier to get to, for you!!

Your costume is adorable! I can't wait to read about your party experience. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time on our trip this year! :hyper:

Hi!

I don't know who was more embarrassed about the 'large drink' request at the Caribbean booth... me for asking, or the poor CM who had to tell me it wasn't any bigger :cutie: ! I forgot to mention too, when we received our drinks from the serving window, the CM there said "every Dragon Berry Colada comes with a complimentary dragon ROAAARRRRR!" which caught us buy surprise, but was very funny!

Yes I went to Rome, Capri and Sorrento on a school trip when I was 13, DH also went at a similar age (obviously we didn't know each other back then!) - I didn't like Rome at all because it felt quite scary... but I really think I should go back as an adult lol. I went to Venice with my family about 12 years ago too, that was beautiful and you can definitely see how it inspired the Italy pavilion in Epcot.

DH and I are planning to fly to Naples and then spend a week or so in Sorrento and Capri :goodvibes - we also have a short break booked to Barcelona this March, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Europe this year, as well as the Disney cruise & Boston in the summer!

Thank you for the comment on my costume! I think it turned out pretty well, it was quite obvious who I was supposed to be... and I only saw one other lady dressed as Barbie that night at the party hehe.

Awh I love seeing weddings around the property! Makes me so happy for them!

You look so stunning in your barbie costume!!!

! I forgot to mention too, when we received our drinks from the serving window, the CM there said "every Dragon Berry Colada comes with a complimentary dragon ROAAARRRRR!" which caught us buy surprise, but was very funny!

I know this wasn't for me but it made me laugh so hard!!!

On a side note I love the Benefit 'That Gal' primer! Although its super expensive down here!!

Looking forward to hearing about your night! :goodvibes

Awh I love seeing weddings around the property! Makes me so happy for them!

You look so stunning in your barbie costume!!!

I know this wasn't for me but it made me laugh so hard!!!

On a side note I love the Benefit 'That Gal' primer! Although its super expensive down here!!

Looking forward to hearing about your night! :goodvibes

Hi! Thanks for your comments :goodvibes

The Dragon Berry 'Roar' was so funny, I can't believe I forgot to write about it! We saw the same CM a few days later at Epcot, on a different F&W booth, he really seemed to love his job :thumbsup2

I am such a big fan of Benefit make-up.. I think 90% of my makeup bag is their products! It started when I took my bridesmaids to a Benefit boutique shop for makeup tutorials before the wedding, I had a makeover too so that I knew how to do my makeup nicely for honeymoon! :goodvibes it is quite expensive stuff, but I find it all works so well and lasts ages.

I hope to get to my next update soon everyone... sorry for the delay!

Day 1 – Sunday 7th October 2012

We woke up at 6am, very early for a Sunday, but it was easy to get up because it was finally time for our holiday!

I have had the same experience. One time i had to get up at 4am and i was up half an hour before the alarm (crazy).

... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...

Soon we were at the park...

IMG_3712_zps4e5e0723.jpg
IMG_1344_zpsdb5eca5e.jpg
IMG_1345_zps4a2a921e.jpg

We got our wristbands just past the turnstiles, the CM who gave me mine said “Hi.. are you Barbie? You look just like her!” … and so many other guests and Cast Members commented on my costume throughout the party! Little girls kept chatting to me in queues (although one asked me if I was meant to be Barbie or Sharpay from High School Musical!) and a lady came up to me and asked where I got my costume, as her daughter wanted to be Barbie for Halloween this year!
I didn't feel self-conscious at all dressing up, and about 80% of guests are in costumes too.

IMG_1346_zps26767203.jpg

IMG_3713_zpsac1e2437.jpg

Our first attraction was Pirates of the Caribbean.. it had been closed on October 9th for something to be added... but we couldn't see anything different... luckily we would ride it again later in the trip and see the addition.

IMG_3714_zpsdabe0275.jpg

We walked towards Tomorrowland next, it was 6.45pm and there was an announcement from the 'Ghost Host' asking that all non-party guests please head towards the exit.

I took a quick video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbLUfJXflw

IMG_3716_zpsc6353d61.jpg

We rode on Buzz Lightyear, I got an awful score.. I really don't know how I got 999,999 on our honeymoon! DH did much better..

IMG_1347_zps55ca6e25.jpg

Next we went to Space Mountain, it had almost no line.

We walked through Fantasyland...

IMG_3718_zps7521ad37.jpg

All of the construction walls were still up around new Fantasyland, but the Beast's castle was lit up

IMG_3719_zps614cfbed.jpg

IMG_3720_zpsab92aebc.jpg

We agreed there was one attraction we had to ride during the party.. the Haunted Mansion! So we went there next – the lighting and sound effects were excellent!

IMG_3723_zpsd172c1c7.jpg
IMG_1349_zps05656c45.jpg
IMG_1352_zps9aa19493.jpg
IMG_1353_zps0a513359.jpg
IMG_1355_zps9d37e84b.jpg
IMG_1357_zpse4251c43.jpg

Even the cast members looked extra creepy with spooky make up!

IMG_3725_zps0c5f0c6e.jpg

IMG_3726_zpsd3ae2715.jpg

There was a ghost sat outside the mansion too...

IMG_3727_zpse104c459.jpg
IMG_3728_zpsc6583b29.jpg

IMG_3729_zps78a915d2.jpg

We walked back to the hub and got some dinner at Casey's Corner... neither of us were that hungry though after the giant pizza at Via Napoli earlier!

IMG_3731_zps55e8de66.jpg

I spotted Lotso doing a meet & greet near the Castle, unfortunately it was time for his break just as I joined the line!
We noticed a Cast Member dancing with some younger guests during the Villains stage show, it was really cute.

IMG_3734_zps77df3c65.jpg

We also did a few of the Trick & Treat trails – I was amazed by how much candy we got, the later it got the more the cast members seemed to hand out (I've heard that they have to get rid of all of it at each party). This was really fun for me as I've never been trick or treating!

One of the best trails started in Storybook Circus and ended in Tomorrowland...

IMG_3736_zps218841aa.jpg
IMG_3737_zps0f5ff756.jpg
IMG_3738_zps89912f6c.jpg
IMG_3739_zpsbe41df0c.jpg
IMG_3740_zps985989be.jpg

We found a great spot for the fireworks, Hallo-Wishes, in the hub – before it started, we said we wouldn't take too many photos and just enjoy the show, but we couldn't help it!

IMG_1361_zps15984567.jpg
IMG_1369_zps3f40b8df.jpg

IMG_1378_zps281bb4bc.jpg
IMG_1381_zps515a2618.jpg
IMG_1387_zpsbe353991.jpg
IMG_1389_zps01504694.jpg
IMG_1400_zps90f38670.jpg

IMG_3743_zps5be6fd07.jpg
IMG_3752_zps57b9f45d.jpg
IMG_1406_zpsfd28edab.jpg
IMG_1407_zps58d267f4.jpg
IMG_1409_zpsd05462b6.jpg

I love the normal Wishes fireworks, but the Halloween and Christmas versions are both excellent.

We wandered over to Frontierland to find a spot to watch the second Boo To You Parade. We were right up against the rope which meant I was able to get candy from the Goofy's Candy Co float during the parade!

IMG_3753_zpsfafd47c2.jpg
IMG_3754_zps19daba08.jpg

This was a fantastic parade – we don't tend to watch the daytime parades, I'm always so impressed by the cast members who perform in them.. they never stop dancing and smiling!

The headless horseman...

IMG_1418_zpse1cdc1d0.jpg
IMG_1419_zps8c241646.jpg

IMG_1424_zpsb218933b.jpg
IMG_1426_zpsc8c1a9c0.jpg
IMG_1433_zps6861fba2.jpg
IMG_1437_zps3c37b03e.jpg
IMG_1438_zps7c1a46e9.jpg
IMG_1440_zpsdc3b04f2.jpg
IMG_1442_zps7286a926.jpg
IMG_1448_zpsd460fc4a.jpg
IMG_1450_zps2b453cca.jpg

IMG_1452_zps1d7ce9e9.jpg
IMG_1457_zps7e910bbd.jpg
IMG_1464_zpsa41e10d5.jpg
IMG_1470_zps96b84b14.jpg
IMG_1472_zps61dc55cd.jpg

We had the 'Boo to You' song stuck in our heads for days after MNSSHP! I tried really hard to find the music for it on CD, but unfortunately the special events CD has been discontinued.

IMG_3755_zps1c3552bc.jpg
IMG_3759_zpscf973ea8.jpg

Next we went to Big Thunder Mountain. Again there was no line, but just as we got to the last ramp before boarding the train, the ride broke down! It must have been serious as the Cast Members asked everyone to turn around and walk out of the queue. We heard another guest say that Space Mountain was closed, and so was Splash Mountain!
Instead we did the trick or treat trail at Splash Mountain.

IMG_3756_zps4f7deb06.jpg

IMG_3758_zps05d1a748.jpg

We wandered back to Main Street USA, I went into the Emporium to buy a MNSSHP pin, while DH took some photos of the street... it was so well themed for the party.

IMG_1475_zps891d783e.jpg
IMG_1481_zps489baf91.jpg
IMG_1483_zpsb25368bd.jpg
IMG_1486_zps76897311.jpg

By this time it was about 11.30pm so we decided to head out of the park, it had been a long but very fun day.

IMG_1490_zps68065475.jpg

Before leaving, we went to town hall as I'd read online that if you have a food allergy (I can't eat nuts/peanuts) that Disney will exchange the candy you can't eat. Sure enough, the cast member I spoke to said that would be fine – and went backstage to find some allergy-friendly chocolate for me. She came back with candy and a few other little gifts! We'd put all of the nut-containing chocolates onto the counter, but the CM said “oh you don't have to exchange it, do you know anyone who would eat it?” .. so we kept all of that too and gave it to my parents when they arrived at WDW the next day!

This was all of the candy that we collected during the party...

IMG_1469_zpsb5d24436.jpg

And this is the allergy-friendly chocolate and gifts we were given at guest relations...

IMG_1470_zps73ff9f0d.jpg

The park entrance looked spooky too..

IMG_1493_zpsc3b1b671.jpg
IMG_1495_zpsbc03f15c.jpg
IMG_1496_zps00323efa.jpg

We got the bus back to the Yacht Club, and walked around the lake to the Boardwalk...

IMG_1498_zps3274770c.jpg
IMG_1500_zpsb6416d12.jpg
IMG_1503_zps781bcfc4.jpg

The lighting around the Haunted Mansion looks fantastic! I can't believe what great seats you got for the parade and fireworks, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter