Oct 18-25, 2014 Eastern Fantasy

We just booked for this sailing. :cool1:We were on the Fantasy this past Halloween with 4 of our 5 kids and booked a dummy date which we just switched to this one. The difference is we are going KID FREE! :banana: My dh Nate and I have cruised this time of year for the past 5 years but every other year we go with out the kids. The kid free cruise has always been Carnival until now. We have been on the magic twice on both the Western and Eastern and the last time we did the Western on the Fantasy. We felt that we didn't get to do as much last time as my one ds didn't care for the clubs which meant we missed out on all the adult stuff.:headache: This has helped reduce the guilt factor of cruising Disney without them. ;) After 3 Disney cruises we have never seen Serenity Bay... I'm gonna get to see it finally!!!:cheer2: We have friends joining us who we met on a Carnival cruise in 2012 and they came with us last October on the Fantasy. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to do Disney instead of Carnival. :rolleyes: I am SO excited for this cruise!:woohoo:

We just booked for this sailing. :cool1:We were on the Fantasy this past Halloween with 4 of our 5 kids and booked a dummy date which we just switched to this one. The difference is we are going KID FREE! :banana: My dh Nate and I have cruised this time of year for the past 5 years but every other year we go with out the kids. The kid free cruise has always been Carnival until now. We have been on the magic twice on both the Western and Eastern and the last time we did the Western on the Fantasy. We felt that we didn't get to do as much last time as my one ds didn't care for the clubs which meant we missed out on all the adult stuff.:headache: This has helped reduce the guilt factor of cruising Disney without them. ;) After 3 Disney cruises we have never seen Serenity Bay... I'm gonna get to see it finally!!!:cheer2: We have friends joining us who we met on a Carnival cruise in 2012 and they came with us last October on the Fantasy. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to do Disney instead of Carnival. :rolleyes: I am SO excited for this cruise!:woohoo:

What a coinky-dink! I was recently looking for Fantasy trip reports (since I haven't been on the ship before) and read your last one!

:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

What a coinky-dink! I was recently looking for Fantasy trip reports (since I haven't been on the ship before) and read your last one!

:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

Oh cool! :thumbsup2Well I hope you liked it. I'm hoping to finish my last submission in the next day or so. It's just not as exciting getting off the ship and not many pics either so no one's gonna wanna read it anyway.... it's too depressing. :sad:

We are going on this cruise. We have never been on a Disney Cruise!! My daughter will be 11. She is a only child. I worry she will not like going to the kid activities by herself. I can use any and all the hints on all the stuff to do on the ship. Will they do anything because it is so close to Halloween? October 18-25 2014 also the 18th is my birthday. Do they do anything for birthdays? Thanks for the help.

Welcome Kristajoy and :welcome: to the Disboards! I wouldn't worry too much if your daughter doesn't like the clubs. My younger boys did not love the clubs the first time around and that was ok because there is so much to do with them. If she is going to try it I would encourage her to go the first night because that's when groups seem to form. Also there is usually a meet and greet on the first day among this group and the facebook group so maybe she could meet someone there to hang out with at the club. As far as Halloween I would think that they will have a party since it is the last Eastern cruise before Halloween. I know on our cruise in 2011 they had a Halloween party which was the cruise before Halloween. For birthdays you can have it noted on your reservation that it's your birthday and let your servers know on the day and they will bring out a special birthday desert and they will sing to you. You can also order a cake for an extra cost.

My family of 11 will be on this cruise.
7 adults and 4 kids ages 8,6,6,and 3.
Cannot wait for this cruise. We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean before.

My family of 11 will be on this cruise.
7 adults and 4 kids ages 8,6,6,and 3.
Cannot wait for this cruise. We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean before.

Welcome rachellackey! :wave2:

I've never done Royal, only Carnival twice and Disney 3 times but I know you are gonna LOVE it!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I thought I would post this here just in case there are people here that are not on the fb group. I am organizing a cabin crawl and wanted to make sure no one misses out on the opportunity to participate. Here is the explanation I have posted on fb.

Hey everyone, Looking for interested hosts and players for a cabin crawl. This is how it works.... We need 7 people willing to host and show their cabins. Hosts will need to provide a deck of cards that they will spread out on the bed for players to take. Hosts can provide little treats or shots for the players but this is optional. All participants pay $5.00 to play. We will meet at Vista Cafe at 3:00 on the Monday to sign in. We travel as a group from cabin to cabin taking a card at each one. Each host will be given a clip board with the participants names and will record which card everyone gets. The last 2 cabins are optional discard cabins. We then meet at Waves bar and the person with the best poker hand wins. If you are interested in playing just edit this doc to add your name and if you are willing to host put "host" beside your name.

Here's a post from my trip report showing our last cabin crawl.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50439609&postcount=88

If you want to play just let me know and I will edit the doc on fb for you.

Also on fb we are talking about the meet and greet and making it a "sweet meet". People can bring sweets from their area to share with everyone at the meet and greet. Bringing sweets is not mandatory to participate as those participating in the fe might find it difficult with luggage weight restrictions. It just adds a little something to the meet. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I thought I would post this here just in case there are people here that are not on the fb group. I am organizing a cabin crawl and wanted to make sure no one misses out on the opportunity to participate. Here is the explanation I have posted on fb.

Hey everyone, Looking for interested hosts and players for a cabin crawl. This is how it works.... We need 7 people willing to host and show their cabins. Hosts will need to provide a deck of cards that they will spread out on the bed for players to take. Hosts can provide little treats or shots for the players but this is optional. All participants pay $5.00 to play. We will meet at Vista Cafe at 3:00 on the Monday to sign in. We travel as a group from cabin to cabin taking a card at each one. Each host will be given a clip board with the participants names and will record which card everyone gets. The last 2 cabins are optional discard cabins. We then meet at Waves bar and the person with the best poker hand wins. If you are interested in playing just edit this doc to add your name and if you are willing to host put "host" beside your name.

Here's a post from my trip report showing our last cabin crawl.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50439609&postcount=88

If you want to play just let me know and I will edit the doc on fb for you.

Also on fb we are talking about the meet and greet and making it a "sweet meet". People can bring sweets from their area to share with everyone at the meet and greet. Bringing sweets is not mandatory to participate as those participating in the fe might find it difficult with luggage weight restrictions. It just adds a little something to the meet. :thumbsup2

So Sorry I didn't pay attention to which cruise this was posted in on Facebook before responding. I'm not going on the 18 October cruise, we are on the 11 October cruise. We won't be participating in the crawl after all.

:( :confused3

So Sorry I didn't pay attention to which cruise this was posted in on Facebook before responding. I'm not going on the 18 October cruise, we are on the 11 October cruise. We won't be participating in the crawl after all.

:( :confused3

Aww.. too bad! :sad1: Did you sign up on the face book doc? If so I can adjust it for you.

We just booked this cruise, the 2nd of our B2B celebrating our 30th anniversary. The first of our B2B is 10/11-18 and that will be our Grand Slam, we are excited!

My name is Maxine, but please call me Max; my DH is Mark; please call him Mark lol. We will both be 54yo at the time of the cruise.

We have 3 grown daughters but none of them are joining us for this cruise (as of right now, that is; that may change if they have their way lol).

This will be our 8th cruise (all Disney) and our first (ok, technically it'll be our 2nd since it's the 2nd of our B2B) time on the Fantasy.

Do we have a list somewhere of all the families on the cruise? Do we have a presence on Fb (yet)?

We booked Saturday. It's our first Disney cruise. It's me DH Bill DD Adeline she will be 11. We sail on my birthday. Is there a place for the fish thing?Sorry told you it's my first Disney cruise. We want to do that. Can use any info anyone wants to give.

We just booked this cruise, the 2nd of our B2B celebrating our 30th anniversary. The first of our B2B is 10/11-18 and that will be our Grand Slam, we are excited!

My name is Maxine, but please call me Max; my DH is Mark; please call him Mark lol. We will both be 54yo at the time of the cruise.

We have 3 grown daughters but none of them are joining us for this cruise (as of right now, that is; that may change if they have their way lol).

This will be our 8th cruise (all Disney) and our first (ok, technically it'll be our 2nd since it's the 2nd of our B2B) time on the Fantasy.

Do we have a list somewhere of all the families on the cruise? Do we have a presence on Fb (yet)?

Welcome Max! We are celebrating our anniversary on this cruise too... although only 14 years though lol. We are going without kids too! :cool1: Here's the link to the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/224180931063179/

We booked Saturday. It's our first Disney cruise. It's me DH Bill DD Adeline she will be 11. We sail on my birthday. Is there a place for the fish thing?Sorry told you it's my first Disney cruise. We want to do that. Can use any info anyone wants to give.

Hey Krystajoy, right now they have a special fb group for the FE but I don't know much more since I'm not in that group since we are not doing it this time around. Are you on the fb group yet?

I hope I'm on the right FB page. No one had posted anything on the one I'm on in a long time. I'm so exited. Thanks for your help.

Hello :wave2: we booked onboard back in Oct and are also doing a B2B sailing we will be sailing the week before. This will be our 7th Disney cruise.
I'm Judith, DH David, DD Holly 15 and DD Cerys 12 my eldest daughter Meghan will only be joining us on the sailing the week before as she has to be home for work on the Monday so it will be strange not having her on this sailing with us. We have friends joining us on both sailings some doing a B2B and some joining us for one of the weeks I can't wait to get back on board….the Fantasy is a beautiful ship x

Hello :wave2: we booked onboard back in Oct and are also doing a B2B sailing we will be sailing the week before. This will be our 7th Disney cruise.
I'm Judith, DH David, DD Holly 15 and DD Cerys 12 my eldest daughter Meghan will only be joining us on the sailing the week before as she has to be home for work on the Monday so it will be strange not having her on this sailing with us. We have friends joining us on both sailings some doing a B2B and some joining us for one of the weeks I can't wait to get back on board….the Fantasy is a beautiful ship x

Welcome Judith! I'm Char and my DH is Nate.

A b2b... nice.:thumbsup2

We have friends joining us as well and a few more that are on the fence about coming. This cruise will be kid free.:banana: We generally do a cruise every year at this time, one year with the kids and opposite years without. This will be the first time doing DCL though without the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter