NY Marathon

Does the 10,000 points cover the cost of the bib too? If so that is an awesome deal. Especially if you wear new balance

Yes! You spend $1000 in NB merch and trade in the points. You then get a 'free' bib, so it's a sponsor bib.

I did this for London Marathon 2019, and many of my friends did it for last year's NYCM. I encourage you guys to do it!

Yes! You spend $1000 in NB merch and trade in the points. You then get a 'free' bib, so it's a sponsor bib.

I did this for London Marathon 2019, and many of my friends did it for last year's NYCM. I encourage you guys to do it!

How does this work? It sounds like a great way to get into popular races!

Ran the virtual last year. You have a 3 day window in which to run the virtual. I ran the day before the actual race was run because the weather was better. I also really took my time - ran it in about 5:30.

For those who get in, they offer a free training program that syncs with Strava. It worked great for me. It is customized based on your current fitness and adjusted goals based on your progress from week to week. It actually told me how fast to run every day, for every type of run. It was a constant reminder to slow down on easy days, gave me goals for intervals and tempo days, goals for long runs, etc. I liked it so much that I paid to use it this year in preparation for the actual NYC Marathon. ($50).

How does this work? It sounds like a great way to get into popular races!

Sign up for an account. You’ll download the app and get some points, maybe 500 total. Then you go to your new balance store and place an order for like 8 pairs of shoes or clothes. IF you do it in an official store the points credit immediately. Then you can redeem if bibs are available and have merch!

Not sure how much longer this will be available so I highly recommend you go now to a store. You can also do an order over the phone with a store. ordering online is a no-go this close because points don’t credit until 3-5 days after you order.

Both my wife and I were able to get in.

Both our NYRR accounts show it as an upcoming race.
Strava does not appear to have updated yet. When I go to the Challenges page for NYRR, it just has a Register button.

Anyone know how New York determines wave and corral placement? When you register for the race, do they ask for proof of time like rD?

Anyone know how New York determines wave and corral placement? When you register for the race, do they ask for proof of time like rD?

Hmm ... I know that for their smaller races, you just enter your anticipated pace (or if you've run one of their races before, they use your best pace from a prior race). I don't remember if marathon was the same. I don't remember entering a POT, and looking at my account right now, it just lists my best pace under the race, nothing about any POT. So I'm guessing that's what it is.

Hmm ... I know that for their smaller races, you just enter your anticipated pace (or if you've run one of their races before, they use your best pace from a prior race). I don't remember if marathon was the same. I don't remember entering a POT, and looking at my account right now, it just lists my best pace under the race, nothing about any POT. So I'm guessing that's what it is.
Yep, no proof of time unless you are trying as an automatic qualifier.

You do enter a time but don’t have to provide proof I believe. After you run the race once though they do automatically track your time on your application from previous races. They have 4 waves with three colors in each wave. Would guess automatic qualifiers close to fill up the first two waves

Strava is giving away paid entries into the 2019 NYC Marathon.
Strava is giving away five prize packages to first-time marathoners for this year’s race. You’ll get our full support – a free entry, free Summit, free gear, free coaching and cash to cover expenses. We fully believe in the NYC Marathon’s ability to blow people’s minds, especially first-time racers. The plan here is to ensure a total and sustained mental explosion by being there for these lucky five every chance we get.

* Guaranteed entry to the 2019 race
* $500 travel stipend
* 90 days of Strava Summit
* Personal coach for 14 weeks of training
* Strava racing kit and shoes

Link to the blog entry

Just a reminder for anyone running this year that you can pick your transportation and baggage options starting today at 9:30 am! You have until September 4th to choose.

Just a reminder for anyone running this year that you can pick your transportation and baggage options starting today at 9:30 am! You have until September 4th to choose.
Thanks - still trying to decide how I want to handle that morning. My start time won't be until 11am, so I may just catch the bus in from NJ. My family/friends are staying up by Central Park, but I don't know if I trust myself to stay off my feet if I spend that night in Manhattan.

Thanks - still trying to decide how I want to handle that morning. My start time won't be until 11am, so I may just catch the bus in from NJ. My family/friends are staying up by Central Park, but I don't know if I trust myself to stay off my feet if I spend that night in Manhattan.

It is so worth it to stay in Manhattan for the ease of after the race. I also loved taking the Ferry over and getting to go by the Statue of Liberty plus being on it with all the runners is pretty cool to get you pumped up. Probably both add a little to your day but Make the experience so unique. Half the Marathon is between 6 a.m. and 11 and half is actually running it.

It is so worth it to stay in Manhattan for the ease of after the race. I also loved taking the Ferry over and getting to go by the Statue of Liberty plus being on it with all the runners is pretty cool to get you pumped up. Probably both add a little to your day but Make the experience so unique. Half the Marathon is between 6 a.m. and 11 and half is actually running it.

I rode the ferry over with my bestie last year when she ran the Marathon and it was SUCH a cool vibe! Everyone was so excited and chatty with everyone - and it didn't hurt that the weather was beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!