NY Marathon

I'm in the lottery too. Been checking my email but nothing yet. Good luck to everyone that entered the lottery.

I'm in the lottery too. Been checking my email but nothing yet. Good luck to everyone that entered the lottery.

The FB page says emails won’t go out until later and that people will see a charge on their credit card first if they get in.

(Nothing yet for me, refresh refresh refresh)

The FB page says emails won’t go out until later and that people will see a charge on their credit card first if they get in.

Yep. This.
IIRC, emails may not go out until the end of the drawing. Credit cards will be charged as soon as your name is picked.

Good luck, everyone! I hope to see some of you there! (I'm already in with guaranteed entry - no lottery stress for me)

Nothing here either. The year i got in (2016). The credit card notice was very early then the email about 5pm. I am stalking my credit card.

I figure it’s a win-win either way. Get in, run the NYC marathon! Don’t get in, more money for WDW marathon trip in January!

I have my fingers crossed I don’t get selected in the lottery. I tried to delete my credit card on Monday and it wouldn’t let me until after the drawing. I’d have to defer if I get selected and I would feel bad taking that spot from someone else. There’s no way I’ll be marathon ready after I’m cleared to start running again.

I figure it’s a win-win either way. Get in, run the NYC marathon! Don’t get in, more money for WDW marathon trip in January!

I have a somewhat similar feeling. I got selected for Chicago but after running in NY, Nothing compares to the adrenaline that race has.

I am in based on my Virtual NYC Marathon last year. I have been trying via the lottery with no luck, so totally pumped to finally get to run this one.

Rejected as well. Will be interesting to see what percentage of the lottery got chosen. I want to say, last year was something crazy low like 15-18%.

I want to say, last year was something crazy low like 15-18%.

Yeah, it's usually somewhere in the teens. Crazy.
I think I've seen two people from my facebook running group who got in, but that's it so far.
I'm sad that none of you will be joining me this year :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts