• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nurse Tammy's "Waiting for ROFR" Support Group - The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that!! We just wanted to get into the system so we don't need the 160 minimum. Next time will be direct from Disney!! For HHI it doesn't make sense not to - by the time you pay the closing costs, you are paying the DVC per point cost. Maybe we should have just bought the extra points.:rolleyes1

I know exactly what you mean. As you may recall, that's the realization we had weeks ago. We went resale to get in with less than the 160 - but wish we would have just ponied up for the extra points and saved all this hassle. We'll see how the remainder of our process goes - I'm not optimistic.

BIG game tonight is about to start!! :cool1:

I know some of you are lacrosse fans, some are baseball fans and some are football fans but in this house we're all hockey fans!!

My DS's started playing hockey when they were 4 and 5 years old. They played travel hockey for many years before playing for their high school teams. My oldest DS as a forward and my youngest DS as a goalie.

My DH coached hockey for many years and continues to play in the old timers leagues twice a week. He plays on one over 40 league and one over 50 league.

We're huge hockey fans and whenever somebody has to be away on the night of a big game it's up to me to call them with regular updates.:happytv:

I don't think I have to tell which team we are rooting for here in Michigan.:laughing: I know some of you are rooting for the other side and that's all right. Let the games begin and may the best team win!!! No hard feelings just as long as my side takes home the cup!;)

I understand that!! We just wanted to get into the system so we don't need the 160 minimum. Next time will be direct from Disney!! For HHI it doesn't make sense not to - by the time you pay the closing costs, you are paying the DVC per point cost. Maybe we should have just bought the extra points.:rolleyes1

I don't know laxmom- I am a member but chose HHI resale- Seller is paying closing- so I am paying $67 per point. (100 point contract total- $6700) It would have been $8900 through Disney. Two advantages I am missing out buying resale.
1. 07 points. My resale contract has ZERO '07 points. (all '08 points avail)
2. A quick and painless transaction.
Still I think it was worth it to save $2200

I think it may come down to a trade off - either banked points or closing costs at the lower price but I doubt you would pass it at that for both. We went for the points. Since we were only buying 50, it gives us 100 for next year. That gives us time to find or decide on that add on.

Long day here. Off to Columbus and got back in time for Laxlad to catch the bus to his game. They were so short players that many were playing positions that they never played before. We had 6 subs compared to their
20. They held them close until the 4th quarter and then we just ran out of steam. Laxlad had one shot on goal - bummer it didn't go in. I can't believe the season is over. In a way it will be nice to get our life back to normal but I think I know I will miss watching him play.

Have a good evening all - I'm off to bed!

Good Morning Sunshines! :goodvibes

Off to another day in the ER. Can't wait till I'm off tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

icouldlivethere, you must be talking about the Kelly Cup and how the Cincinnati Cyclones won game 1!!! Just kidding. I don't follow hockey. I didn't even know we had a team!!

Well, Johns Hopkins beat Duke to advance while Syracuse beat Virginia! Championship game is tomorrow on ESPN. It is exactly opposite of what I called. I won't quit my day job!! If you want to see great lacrosse - tomorrow will be as good as it gets!!

Nothing big planned here today. Might got see the new Indiana Jones movie later if I can get my homework done. Dogs need puppy beauty parlor today - baths and brushing.

Have a great day everyone!!

In reviewing posts on this thread, we have found that it has strayed away from its original topic and, therefore, found to no longer be DVC specific.

We have the Community Board where groups are welcome to participate in threads of this nature.

We also have on our Operations Board ongoing ROFR threads where those topics are actively being discussed.

We are now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter