November W.I.S.H. - Thankful is as thankful does.

Random thought-I spent and hour and a half and hundred dollars at the grocery store and I don’t know/care what I should make for dinner!

Random thought-Thanksgiving will be here in two weeks! And after that it seems like Christmas will follow in 5 minutes.

It’s overcast and gloomy right now-but the sun is supposed to come out soon, so hope to get a walk in after lunch.

The time change and general departure of the sun has really put me in to the Holiday mood. Outdoor lights are popping up here and there in the neighborhood, getting me to thinking I'll do mine in the coming days. Tomorrow I have the appointment to make the wreath, and am looking forward to having it up.

Not Ester is feeling much better this morning, which is a relief. I had started giving them the urinary support wet food, but it looks like neither of them can tolerate it so we're back to regular wet and urinary dry. Fingers crossed.

I got so many household things done yesterday that it is going to be a very light load over the weekend, mostly more fun/decorating stuff.

Really happy with my haircut and having the hair on my neck shaved, I feel like a new woman!

So glad its Friday. Not glad it's raining or that we had to cancel the weekend get-away but what can ya do?
@Oneanne the pic you posted awhile back of not Ester...something made my think 2 syllable name...pumpkin, crickett?
DS6 is back to his normal self. DD is largely better but had to stay home from school again today. The meds they gave her for croup/stridor really helped her breathing and cough but they are doing a number on her tummy.
The last few weeks have been bad as far as healthy eating goes and my plans for a workout got derailed by said tummy issues but did manage to squeeze in some squats while DS6 was in the tub. But DS9 tried the Greek yogurt mac and cheese I made and he actually ate almost a whole helping of meatloaf last night AMAZING! The only issue when I make the Greek yogurt mac and cheese is although it is healthier it ends up being more calories for me than the boxed stuff because I eat WAY more of it.
Hoping the weather improves tomorrow so we can try to squeeze in a zoo trip, give the kids something fun to do since we wont be in VT.

A lot of driving happening on this long weekend. Friday it was a trip over the mountains, yesterday a trip to Ikea, and today a trip to see DS1 and take him out for a birthday lunch. After that it'll be grocery shopping. In between trips there's been laundry and not as much cleaning as there should be! I have gone over calories every day. Need to quit eating out and get back to yummy, nutritious home meals. Thank goodness the weekend is almost over! :rotfl2:

Lots more wind and rain today. Came up to ‘town’ for breakfast and the farmers market was canceled, it’s that crappy. My real mission was to get a fountain pen at the art store, so not sad about the market… except for the farmers who aren’t going to be able to sell today.

After that it’s knitting and watching football. Another slow easy day for restoration.

Self-care today: working on my new Disney puzzle :goodvibes

Thankful for: good weather this morning for flag collection (at Bourne National Cemetery - DH and I are involved with a group that places flags before the holiday and then takes them up after so the groundskeepers can mow.)

Thankful the kiddos are feeling better. And that the tornados that touched down in other areas of the state seemed to have only caused property damage, to the best of my knowledge no serious injuries reported. Damage to our area was minor.

Self care was taking it easy and doing the bare minimum chore wise...just laundry. Started making my list for Thanksgiving groceries...nom nom honey glazed carrots and parmesan greenbeans.

Hung out with the kids, watched football and Olaf Presents about 5 times. DH started hanging the outdoor Christmas lights since it was nice today and who knows if the next couple weekends will be cold. Wont be turning them on until after Thanksgiving.

Have a day off tomorrow going to run a couple errands then it's off to the chiropractor. Hopefully I can squeeze in a quick workout and some reading time before DD gets off the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter