• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November/December 2016 discount code watch

I'm waiting for them to do like my parents when I was a kid and say, "If anyone asks me one more time for discounts (I'm looking at you PolyRob!) then no one's getting a discount!"
LOL I feel so bad for the poor 7am CMs who I have been speaking with the past few weeks. I always ask the same question... and then they inquire if they can book me anything else, connect me to dining, etc. Some are very polite and helpful!!

One day! ONE DAY! BUT, on that day, they will probably inform me there are no open rooms for my dates aha

Reactions: Koz
It's funny, because when I call I not only ask for posted discounts but whether I have a unique offer code. I know the exact information they will ask me for in terms of verifying who I am and start to ramble it off without so much as a prompt.

Last name
Zip Code
Mailing address
Phone Number
Email address

After getting shot down on (a) general offer and (b) unique offer code, I suppose that the agents feel bad and try to book dining, only to have me shoot them down and tell them that everything was set at 180 days.

That being said, I still do participate in the survey as it only takes an extra 15 seconds of my time to keep hitting the same # and moving the survey along.

I'm betting on the discounts being released on the 20th. Hopefully the dates available will be the same as the ones JamieOak said she received with via PIN code.

I just cannot bring myself to pay 150/night for POP plus taxes in early/mid Dec...please WDW...don't banish me to offsite :scared:

I'm betting on the discounts being released on the 20th. Hopefully the dates available will be the same as the ones JamieOak said she received with via PIN code.

Hopefully that's not the case, as we are heading there right in the middle of the dates excluded.

So, I was just looking at the Mousesavers discount history chart. The last few years when discounts for late fall/winter have been released in July (7/23 and 7/20), the previous discount ended on 9/30 (2014) and 10/3 (2015). This year, the current promos end on 11/5...a full month later than previous years. I'm thinking that might mean any promos for after that are going to be mid-late August before they come out. :(

So, I was just looking at the Mousesavers discount history chart. The last few years when discounts for late fall/winter have been released in July (7/23 and 7/20), the previous discount ended on 9/30 (2014) and 10/3 (2015). This year, the current promos end on 11/5...a full month later than previous years. I'm thinking that might mean any promos for after that are going to be mid-late August before they come out. :(
Dark Helmet.jpg

Damm!! Just rec'd an email from Disney Rewards by Chase re Disney World. Thought for sure it was an early booking option, but instead it was my opportunity to get tickets for exclusive Food and Wine events. FAKEOUT!

Damm!! Just rec'd an email from Disney Rewards by Chase re Disney World. Thought for sure it was an early booking option, but instead it was my opportunity to get tickets for exclusive Food and Wine events. FAKEOUT!

Wow. Thanks Chase for playing with your emotions like that. The way we are going they are going to send us an email telling us we owe more because we complain about not getting a discount.

I thought the SAME thing!

Hopefully that's not the case, as we are heading there right in the middle of the dates excluded.

I know it would be awful in your case, but I just don't see them giving us discounts for those days simply because it's right around Thanksgiving!

Morning routine - check SW to see if our flights for Oct have gone down. Check SW to see if my flights for my aunt's birthday have gone down. Check Universal to see if a standard room at RPR has opened up for the one extra night I need for Oct. Check Dis to see if Nov/Dec discount thread has good news - and I'm not even traveling in Nov/Dec! So thanks for being part of my morning routine! (I'm waiting for Feb discounts, and yours have to come first - so I'm stalking here to see if I'm getting closer!)

I desperately need my 180 days to open so I can stalk for dining reservations too :)

Morning routine - check SW to see if our flights for Oct have gone down. Check SW to see if my flights for my aunt's birthday have gone down. Check Universal to see if a standard room at RPR has opened up for the one extra night I need for Oct. Check Dis to see if Nov/Dec discount thread has good news - and I'm not even traveling in Nov/Dec! So thanks for being part of my morning routine! (I'm waiting for Feb discounts, and yours have to come first - so I'm stalking here to see if I'm getting closer!)

I desperately need my 180 days to open so I can stalk for dining reservations too :)

Welcome to our world. I get such a feeling of validation in seeing that our SW fares we purchased on the morning they were announced have more than doubled in just a few months' time.

Welcome to our world. I get such a feeling of validation in seeing that our SW fares we purchased on the morning they were announced have more than doubled in just a few months' time.

I don't even check my Feb ones - the WGA fares are all grey for our return flight and almost every flight for our trip there is sold out as well. Paying $300pp for a one way flight sucked...but now that there are only $500 fares available, it feels better! For Oct though, I got a leg for $89! It's now up to $171 so that feels great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter