• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November/December 2016 discount code watch

As of now, AP rates for 12/11-12/15 are:
Value:
POP standard 116, standard pool view 120
All Star Movies and Sports 108 standard, preferred 120
All Star Music 120 preferred

Mod:
CBR standard 158
POR standard 166
CSR preferred 215

Hope that helps. :)

Tinkerbellmagic: thank you SO much for going to the trouble of posting...that helps tremendously! Was hoping to avoid waiting on hold for a WDW CM to ask this. Orbitz (with 15% discount) and AP discounts are about the same, so I guess no benefit to rebooking WDW direct. I really appreciate it.

Tinkerbellmagic- I know what you mean but I get giddy when I see the man holding a sign with our name on it waiting for us at baggage claim. That's when I know our vacation has begun! Our driver always helps us with our bags and on the return back to the airport they pick us up 2 hours before our flight and we have always had plenty of time. Long ago we almost missed our flight home from our honeymoon because we got lost returning our rental car and I have always been really paranoid about being late for flights ever since. Nothing like running through an airport to ruin the effects of a relaxing vacation:)

Tinkerbellmagic- I know what you mean but I get giddy when I see the man holding a sign with our name on it waiting for us at baggage claim. That's when I know our vacation has begun! Our driver always helps us with our bags and on the return back to the airport they pick us up 2 hours before our flight and we have always had plenty of time. Long ago we almost missed our flight home from our honeymoon because we got lost returning our rental car and I have always been really paranoid about being late for flights ever since. Nothing like running through an airport to ruin the effects of a relaxing vacation:)

*bolded by me* Oh, I love it, that's priceless! :D

Do you guys think that the AP Holiday rates might also be extended to Florida residents?
If yes when might that come out ??

I have an AP so I can see that there is a discount for certian dates but my friend does not have an AP but is a Florida resident. Her dates are Dec.21-23 and hopes to stay at GF.

Do you guys think that the AP Holiday rates might also be extended to Florida residents?
If yes when might that come out ??

I have an AP so I can see that there is a discount for certian dates but my friend does not have an AP but is a Florida resident. Her dates are Dec.21-23 and hopes to stay at GF.

The Florida resident discounts usually follow shortly after the AP discounts...like a week or two after. I am guessing that Disney will still release some soon. In recent past (at least), the discounts matched the AP discounts.

I snagged an AP discount, but I had to move resorts. Really hoping to get a Florida resident discount somewhere else.

Not sure what discount she used but our ta saved us 44.20 at pop for our stay Nov 4-12. Better than the 0 I was expecting to get for our dates so we'll take it. That's a meal somewhere.

Which dates were you finding full price availability? I've searched within 12/3- 12/12 and so much is sold out even at rack rates.

I have been shocked at the lack of resort (deluxe) availability at ANY kind of discount. I wanted 11/30, 12/1, 12/2 preferably BC/BW/YC Cash to supplement a DVC reservation and have tried constantly. I refuse to pay Rack and even that is sold out in so many resorts. No Passholder discount/no DVC discount/no nothing. What in the world is happening this year? I know construction takes out rooms but wow. I have never had this trouble before.

Wish I knew. Did the research and most sources said historically post-Thanksgiving to mid-Dec was a sweet spot and yet availability seems to point to something akin to rush hour traffic in L.A.

I have been shocked at the lack of resort (deluxe) availability at ANY kind of discount. I wanted 11/30, 12/1, 12/2 preferably BC/BW/YC Cash to supplement a DVC reservation and have tried constantly. I refuse to pay Rack and even that is sold out in so many resorts. No Passholder discount/no DVC discount/no nothing. What in the world is happening this year? I know construction takes out rooms but wow. I have never had this trouble before.

Our thought is its because of FREE DINING.
Typically it's excluded the week after Thanksgiving. That's why a lot of people are having trouble getting restaurant reservations too. I've Never seen Deluxe hotels completely booked after Thanksgiving. It's frustrating.

Florida Resident discounts for Nov/Dec came out today. The discount seems to be less than the AP discount. The availability is the same...not really anything there.

I wonder why PORFQ doesn't have any discounts at all over Thanksgiving when the other resorts do? No FL resident, no AP.......

Just wondering how some who I went back and forth with in this thread have fared? We are paying rack rate @ POR for 2nd week of Nov and there are literally next to no rooms available anywhere on Disney property. Crossing fingers that it's just a convention, but I'm sure that it's not. Phantom MB's here we come!

Just wondering how some who I went back and forth with in this thread have fared? We are paying rack rate @ POR for 2nd week of Nov and there are literally next to no rooms available anywhere on Disney property. Crossing fingers that it's just a convention, but I'm sure that it's not. Phantom MB's here we come!

I'm really considering the SDFP. I didn't think I could handle it but after reading a little I think it's pretty easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter