November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~

So how is everyone doing? Anyone else feeling like me, I should never have booked this far out?? The wait is going to kill me! And I'm hoping I haven't jumped the gun, booking this second DCL before taking our first one. The kids are so excited about our first one, they are dying! They don't know about this one yet...

In other Disney news, we spent 2 days at DLR last week for my birthday and DD's. We brought a friend who is going to college in CA right now and had never been to DLR... how fun to bring a first timer! She's also a first timer to Walt's Park and is the one who got me hooked on the Dis. :) We're going to Club 33 and I am beyond excited. It's been a lifelong dream for me!! We'll be staying at the DLH as well. Ditching the DH and the kids and it'll be just us girls at the hotel and doing the 2 day touring plan. :dance3:

Yep, it is a long time. Who knows, they may announce DCL is going somewhere really cool in 2010, and we may end up pushing our cruise back till then. DH and I found out that there's a conference on the Big Island in Feb. 2010 so we're seriously thinkning of pushing our cruise back to a late 2010 date and go back to Hawaii in Feb. We did fall in love with the island, and I just can't help but think that Disney is going to annouce something really awesome for '10. Until Disney does announce something for '10, we're going to keep our '09 date.

So tell me about DL. We've got a trip planned for late May. We're finally going to Vegas May 22-25 and from DL May 25-28. We've never been to DL so I'm pretty excited. We're trying to decide if we want to stay at the DL hotel, Grand Californian, or off property like the Candyland. Like I said, we know nothing about DL so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have read about Club 33. How exciting! How are you getting in? I can't wait to hear all about it. Let me know.

So tell me about DL. We've got a trip planned for late May. We're finally going to Vegas May 22-25 and from DL May 25-28. We've never been to DL so I'm pretty excited. We're trying to decide if we want to stay at the DL hotel, Grand Californian, or off property like the Candyland. Like I said, we know nothing about DL so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We've stayed at both the Candy Cane Inn and the DL hotel and were happy with both. The CC inn was very clean, pleasant, inexpensive and close, and they have a AAA discount. They have a shuttle, but we generally only used it in the evening when our feet were tired. We stayed at the DL hotel on DVC points - it's beautifully themed, and we loved it. It was nice to take the few steps over to the monorail, exit in Tomorrowland and have breakfast at Buzz's while everyone else was lining up at the main entrance. DL is much smaller than MK, but has its own charm. Be sure to ride the Matterhorn! (alas, no fastpass) Also, California Screamin' over at Ca Adventure is a lot of fun, as is the Aladdin stage show. You'll be staying long enough to take things pretty easy, and school is still in session in southern calif. then, so crowds should be reasonable. I don't think grad nights will be an issue, but you might want to check the website to be sure. Have a great time!

And yes, I've bailed on this sailing, but didn't unsubscribe to the thread...!

DL is smaller than MK, space wise, but has more rides. :) Read on the DL boards Hydroguy's Guide to DL for WDW Vets. He pretty much says it all! I also have Ridemax... I just got it 2 weeks ago, and it was great. If it works out well for me again next weekend, then I'll let you know! I am very much a DL vet (probably 100 visits or more in the last 10 years) and it had me doing things in a pattern that I am not used to- but we got a lot done on a very crowded day!

Will you be there midweek or on a weekend?

Christine

Hello Everyone! I just put a deposit down on this cruise today. We will be first going this Nov 1st on the Disney Magic for a 7 night Western cruise and it will be so nice when we leave that we will be returning the following year. It will be me Jeanette, my husband Brian, my son Logan (will be 9 when we cruise) and my daughter Kelsey (will be 6 when we cruise). Just wanted to drop by and say hello!:wave2: :wave2:

Hello Everyone! I just put a deposit down on this cruise today. We will be first going this Nov 1st on the Disney Magic for a 7 night Western cruise and it will be so nice when we leave that we will be returning the following year. It will be me Jeanette, my husband Brian, my son Logan (will be 9 when we cruise) and my daughter Kelsey (will be 6 when we cruise). Just wanted to drop by and say hello!:wave2: :wave2:

Welcome Jeanette!!!:cheer2:

My son will be 9 when we cruise as well. We have a 4 night on the Wonder this November too. It will be nice, once we complete that one we can start our 12 month countdown for this one too! How exciting. Where are you from?

Christine

Welcome Jeanette!!!:cheer2:

My son will be 9 when we cruise as well. We have a 4 night on the Wonder this November too. It will be nice, once we complete that one we can start our 12 month countdown for this one too! How exciting. Where are you from?

Christine

Hello! I am from New Jersey. We are 5 minutes from Long Beach Island and about 40 minutes from Atlantic City!

:yay: Hello from Central Florida. Just got off The Wonder last week - our first 3-nighter - with a group of 12 family members. Much, much too short and rebooked onboard for this MAGICal cruise. Not 100% sure this date will stick but gotta start somewhere... plus we were lucky enough to snag a SPH stateroom.:thumbsup2 Definitely planning on sneaking in a FL resident rate cruise before this one....18 months in between cruises is too long for my sanity!

Welcome Donna!! Glad you had a great time on the Wonder. From your signature I see you have many DCL cruises under your belt!

I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to this Eastern. We haven't even gone on the Wonder yet- but already can't wait for a 7 day!

Do you get to WDW a lot? I see you are AP'ers. We have APs here in California. I'm hoping that DCL moves one of the ships out here permanently one day. The airfare costs are killing us!

Christine

Hi Jessalynn, I've been searching for a thread on our cruise, and I'm glad I finally found it! It will only be DH and I for this cruise since we don't have any kids yet and no other family's planning on traveling with us for this one. I have to admit I picked this cruise because I liked the idea of getting relaxed for the holidays and Kenny Chesney sings about the Virgin Islands and ST. Croix!! ;) This will be our first 7 night cruise so we're definately looking forward to a longer Disney cruise. WDW is one of our favorite vacation destinations and we went on our first Disney cruise last January. We fell in love with DCL and decided that we had to be back. On our last trip to WDW in Sept. DH and I talked about how much we missed the cruise so we decided to book one for '09. We're leaving for Hawaii at the end of the month so that's going to be our big trip this year. After finding out where DCL was heading to in '09, we decided on one of the special cruises and St. Croix! Well, I better go. I can't wait to meet you and your family and hear from other cruisers scheduled to sail out Nov. 7th!!!:)
Bridget

Hi Bridget, my family is currently booked on a May '09 Magic cruise but I have been thinking of moving the date due to my stepdaughter's graduation next year and the amount of days my dd would have to miss school to travel to the cruise + graduation...anyhow, we were looking at switching to either this cruise (absences in the next school year) or January '09 when dd has 2 days off school. I was curious as to how you liked cruising in January (Eastern Caribbean). We were concerned about rough seas and being too cold to swim...can you give us any advice? Thanks!

Hi everyone:wave2:

We are scheduled for the Dec 5th St. Croix cruise, but are probably are going to be switching over to this cruise. I just e-mailed my TA about switching.

It will be myself- Vicki, my husband Marty and our 4 kids ---DD Adriane 11, DS Zach 7, DD Stephanie 5 and DS Isaac 2.

We have cruised on 3 and 4 nite cruises before and are cruising this Dec. on a 4 nite, but have never been on a 7 night cruise before. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone on this cruise. :cheer2:

Talk to everyone soon! :goodvibes

Vicki

Well it doesn't look like this cruise is going to work out for us like we hoped it would. (bummer) We were hoping to switch to this date from Dec. , but the price has gonne up quite a bit even with the 10% discount from booking onboard.

Oh well if something changes--I will let you know....but otherwise have a great cruise in Nov. 09" :goodvibes .

Vicki

Hi everyone! I just booked for Nov.2009 Eastern to St Croix:cool1: :cool1:
It seems so far away but hoping to get to "know"some people before then! I am sailing w/my DH and 3 kids who will be 6ds 6dd and 11dd.The kids do not know yet as we are going to wdw in may09 for 8 nights so I will wait until after that trip to tell them,but honestly I am more excited about the cruise than WDW!!!

Hi everyone! I just booked for Nov.2009 Eastern to St Croix:cool1: :cool1:
It seems so far away but hoping to get to "know"some people before then! I am sailing w/my DH and 3 kids who will be 6ds 6dd and 11dd.The kids do not know yet as we are going to wdw in may09 for 8 nights so I will wait until after that trip to tell them,but honestly I am more excited about the cruise than WDW!!!

Welcome!!! I am keeping it a secret from my kiddos too... but only until Christmas... I don't know how you'll hold out till May! :yay: Still so exciting. My dd will be 12 on this cruise, hopefully as it gets closer in time we can get a kids chat going so they can know some "friends" beforehand.

We're doing a land/sea this November and I think we're all more excited for the cruise part!! HAHA!! Not that we're not looking forward to the World of course. Just something new!

Have you been to WDW or on DCL before?

Well it doesn't look like this cruise is going to work out for us like we hoped it would. (bummer) We were hoping to switch to this date from Dec. , but the price has gonne up quite a bit even with the 10% discount from booking onboard.

Oh well if something changes--I will let you know....but otherwise have a great cruise in Nov. 09" :goodvibes .

Vicki

Sorry it didn't work out for this date, Vicki. At least you've still got a date booked... hey anytime we can cruise it's all good, right?;)

Welcome!!! I am keeping it a secret from my kiddos too... but only until Christmas... I don't know how you'll hold out till May! :yay: Still so exciting. My dd will be 12 on this cruise, hopefully as it gets closer in time we can get a kids chat going so they can know some "friends" beforehand. I agree:thumbsup2

We're doing a land/sea this November and I think we're all more excited for the cruise part!! HAHA!! Not that we're not looking forward to the World of course. Just something new!

Have you been to WDW or on DCL before?

We went to wdw for the 1st time this past May and and just instantly loved it.The best trip EVER! We have never been on DCL before.

Hey Everyone just wanted to let you know we ended up cancelling this cruise... we are going this Nov.1, 2008 on the Disney Magic for the Western and decided to skip this cruise in 2009 and just stay at our Disney Timeshare and spend a week at the parks. Our kids will be out of school the week before this cruise leaves and I really don't want them missing a whole week of school. Hope everyone has a great time.:grouphug:

:yay: Hello from Central Florida. Just got off The Wonder last week - our first 3-nighter - with a group of 12 family members. Much, much too short and rebooked onboard for this MAGICal cruise. Not 100% sure this date will stick but gotta start somewhere... plus we were lucky enough to snag a SPH stateroom.:thumbsup2 Definitely planning on sneaking in a FL resident rate cruise before this one....18 months in between cruises is too long for my sanity!
Attention, The Higgins' are ready to come back to the Disney Cruise for thier pancakes at Palo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter