November 2019 Exercise Thread - A Disney Cornucopia

I got 100% on the eye quiz from Saturday. I got most of the parks in the right order, but I had no idea when California Adventure opened.. My favorite Disney song is probably "I Can Go the Distance" from Hercules.

Adding just 30 minutes from today. 530/600

Last edited:
Good morning, and happy "Thanksgiving Eve"!

20 new minutes for me (370/500) and congrats to softball chick, who has jumped straight to flamingo pink!! :Pinkbounc

Team total stands at 5,735 minutes (74%) and we are just 115 minutes from color change! :cheer2:

Walt's Wednesday Wisdom:
"The age we're living in is the most extraordinary the world has ever seen."

We did get just over a foot of snow here. Just a few miles away, it was closer to 2 feet!

25 minutes of shoveling snow. It would have been more, but my kind neighbor came over with his snowblower and did our sidewalk and half our driveway.

1100/1400

Walt's Wednesday Wisdom:
"The age we're living in is the most extraordinary the world has ever seen."

Love this quote! It's so true.

Last edited:

7/10 on the eyes quiz

BonnieF, your last day sounds great. We love Chefs. Even from here (774 miles away), whenever DH asks where I want to go eat when we're trying to think of a place, I always answer Chefs de France. Too bad we can't apparate like the Harry Potter characters.

I missed three on the parks opening brain workout. It was the last three actually. I had all three of them at the end but in a different order.

Favorite songs - Touch the Sky and Into the Open Air from Brave, I See the Light from Tangled, Belle Reprise from Beauty and the Beast, How Does a Moment Last Forever from the live action Beauty and the Beast, There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow from Tomorrowland (the movie), Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins, The Place Where the Lost Things Go from Mary Poppins Returns, and - currently - All is Found and The Next Right Thing from Frozen 2.

I can host December.

Good morning, HAPPY THANKSGIVING, and congrats to Twilight Sparkle and Elizabeth Smith, our first participants to reach Queen of Heart Red!!

25 minutes for me yesterday (395/500) and the team has reached 6,215 minutes (80%) and Flamingo Pink as well!! :cheer2:

I can host December.
Yay!! :thanks:so much!

For today's ultimate "Thankful Thursday" - what Disney memories are you especially thankful for?

A couple of mine are:

DS's first trip - Looking at those pictures always makes me really happy!

My first view of the castle at Christmastime - It represents that whole trip, which was a "work-together-to-make-it-happen" splurge for us, and really special.

Hope all had a happy Thanksgiving. I ate too much, so I did 70 minutes on the exercise bike after my nap. A family from our new church invited us to have lunch since we don't have any family here. It was really nice and I will share my Thankfulness for that.

640/600

For my Disney memories... I have so many to be thankful for.
I remember when we went to Disney when I was 12 and my brother was 15. We held hands and skipped into the park our first day because we were so excited to be there...
I remember when we went in November 2017, I was so excited that I couldn't sleep the night before our flight. We had saved for 2 years to go. We even donated plasma for extra cash. I am thankful that we could afford to go and that we were able to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. And my brother came with us and it was so fun to travel as family.
In January of this year, we went back and I'm thankful for the time we spent at the Animal Kingdom After Hours party. One of the cast members really went above ans beyond for us.
There are so many more Disney memories to be grateful for. Going to see Incredibles in theaters with my family as a kid and my dad and I laughing at it together. My mom and I going to see Frozen together when I was in college. It's amazing!!!

OK, you folks who managed to work out on Thanksgiving put me to shame! I cooked, I ate, I played board games...and my treadmill sat dusty. :laughing:

Anyway, congrats to ljcrochet and Elizabeth Smith - our first team member to reach Mock Turtle Green!!! :Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce:

Team total is 6,345 (81%).

Happy Fashion Friday ~
Does anyone like to make home-made shirts for your Disney trips? Here are a couple of mine from over the years:

The red one was a loooooong time ago, and we just cut Mickey heads out of Contact Paper, stuck the stencil on the shirts, and sponge painted inside that outline.

The other one (which is really whiter than the picture makes it seem) actually glowed in the dark! The Mickey head outlines were drawn with raised glow paint, and then the purple dye was sponged in and splattered on to create the flourish effect.

They're not high art or anything, but I always have fun. :hyper: And my biggest tip if you are going to try some is to put cardboard inside the shirt before you paint! It helps provide a flat surface, but more importantly, keeps the paint (or bleach - look up those too!) from bleeding through to the back.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
No minutes to add. Too bad we can’t count the time prepping and cooking! I’m envious of those of you who had the energy to exercise!
My favorite Disney memory is from our very first visit in 1988. My son was 4 and my daughter was 18 months. We met the Three Caballeros near the Mexico pavilion and they all spent so much time playing with us - a solid 25 minutes! The pictures and the kids’ smiles are priceless! It was the beginning of our love for WDW.
I’m not very crafty so I haven’t made special shirts for a parks trip. My last attempt was a Halloween costume for my son - he wanted to be Link from Legend of Zelda. He was happy with it, and I was happy it made it through the day!

90 minutes since last check in - walking

1820/1800

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for the memory of our first trip to WDW - staying at AKL, seeing the castle for the first time, riding Everest with my daughter and so much more. I hope these memories stay with me forever.

As for Disney fashion, I have never made a homemade Disney shirt. I'm seriously lacking those crafty genes. I've had to throw away attempts at Halloween costumes before and go out and buy something last minute. I've learned my lesson. It's just not in me. But, I like both of your shirts, PollyannaMom, and admire your skills!

Last edited:
+130

1230/1400

Here are the shirts DH made for himself for our last WDW trip. He wanted to spend all his time at SWGE.

The shirt on the left says “Scrap Seeker” in Aurabesh with the Savi’s logo. The one on the right is the skyline of Black Spire Outpost, based on a mug they sell there. He used glow in the dark fabric paint. The Savi’s one was warmly received when he went to make his lightsaber.

D68FD32C-DB38-4007-BE56-198E86AD7036.jpeg

We went to a bar tonight and danced in place for 2 1/2 hours. I’m going to count it as an hour of exercise. My calves and feet are killing me since I was in boots with a heel.

I have made a few Disney shirts.I have done tie dye Mickey heads. Now I have a Cricut. I made myself a castle shirt. I also made us matching Star Wars Mickey head t-shirts that glow in the dark.

I have made a few Disney shirts.I have done tie dye Mickey heads. Now I have a Cricut. I made myself a castle shirt. I also made us matching Star Wars Mickey head t-shirts that glow in the dark.
The tie dye Mickey shirts sound cool. Where did you learn to make them?

Adding 40 minutes today in the midst of preparing a small Thanksgiving meal to have with my in laws tomorrow. They're driving by our town on their way home from other Thanksgiving travels. Wish me luck. :p

680/600

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!