Nov. 2011

Room discount works much better for us too, with a TPV room at the GF. We were able to get FD for most of our stay, but even just 25% would save us more than the FD will. 35% would be awesome and would save us about $500 more than what we're saving now...

:sunny:

You call your agent back and tell them that yes you can use the discount. It is one or the other and the free dining is the better deal. I use AAA for my trip and have applied two different codes since booking. I had a 35 percent room only in the spring but got a free dining one which would save more so she called and changed it. Hope you get it all worked out.

:cool1: Well done - I'm there the same time but the 'other side' of the lake at the BC CL, mind you, if a good GP discount comes out I'll try and swing a return trip to the BWI CL.

Hi Clare! In the next 3+ months til your trip you don't think you'll switch to BWI?:laughing: I'm going with a friend who usually stays BWVs. She's never been CL. She's going to love it but her DH (who is not going on the trip) might not like me corrupting her.:rotfl:

Hi Clare! In the next 3+ months til your trip you don't think you'll switch to BWI?:laughing: I'm going with a friend who usually stays BWVs. She's never been CL. She's going to love it but her DH (who is not going on the trip) might not like me corrupting her.:rotfl:

Last night I switched :rotfl: I took advantage of the AP discount, it was a better price than paying rack rate, even if it did include free dining (through the UK).

I'm sure your friend will love CL and of course she's not going to be corruptable at all is she ;)

Last night I switched :rotfl: I took advantage of the AP discount, it was a better price than paying rack rate, even if it did include free dining (through the UK).

I'm sure your friend will love CL and of course she's not going to be corruptable at all is she ;)

:cool1:You know you'll LOVE it!:thumbsup2 Looks like I'll see you there.:yay:

Hi
I'm pretty new to all of this. First time that we stay on proprety.
We have an AP, and I'm wondering if we can get the free dinning plan, when wee book a room only, because we don't need the magic your way ticket.

Read trough some threads, but I still can't figure it all out, with the codes and pins and so on.

Hi
I'm pretty new to all of this. First time that we stay on proprety.
We have an AP, and I'm wondering if we can get the free dinning plan, when wee book a room only, because we don't need the magic your way ticket.

Read trough some threads, but I still can't figure it all out, with the codes and pins and so on.

The only way to get free dining is to book a free dining package that requires ticket purchase.

Free dining isn't really free. You have to purchase tickets, pay rack rate for the room and give up any other discounts that might be available.

If you already have AP's you would likely be better off booking a room with an AP discount.

Still hoping for room only discount for Nov 6 -11, not sure we will book without one or not.

Do the Magic Your Way tickets need to be used in 7 days if you book a package or are they good for awhile? Meaning months if you don't use all the days or no?

Still hoping for room only discount for Nov 6 -11, not sure we will book without one or not.

Do the Magic Your Way tickets need to be used in 7 days if you book a package or are they good for awhile? Meaning months if you don't use all the days or no?

You either have to use them within 14 days (I believe) of their first use or upgrade them either before you use them or within that 14 days window of first use. You can upgrade them to non expiring while you're there if you're not sure.

There's a great sticky about tickets on the Theme Parks board

looking to book for NJ week this year but betweent the blackout dates for codes and the astrominical airfares, I'm overwhelmed by the cost.
Oh well, sometimes you have to close your eyes and write the check (my own advise to myself).

You either have to use them within 14 days (I believe) of their first use or upgrade them either before you use them or within that 14 days window of first use. You can upgrade them to non expiring while you're there if you're not sure.

There's a great sticky about tickets on the Theme Parks board

Just a head's up, though, that the last bit is changing. Tickets will have to be upgraded by the end of their last day of use - so by the end of use day 7 on a 7-day ticket. You'll no longer have until the 14th day if there is nothing remaining on the ticket by then. (Sorry, I"m a bit tired, did that come out making sense?)

Just to make sure I was completely understanding the initial question as well - if you didn't use the ticket at all, it would still be good months later.

I got a surprise when I opened my email this morning, a pin code offer from disney!!!!! It is for 25% off value and moderate resorts and 35% off deluxe and deluxe villas. I am having my ta check into it for me but I am positive that the ap rate that I have booked is a better deal.

I got a surprise when I opened my email this morning, a pin code offer from disney!!!!! It is for 25% off value and moderate resorts and 35% off deluxe and deluxe villas. I am having my ta check into it for me but I am positive that the ap rate that I have booked is a better deal.

We got the same one - it also came in snail mail yesterday. Free dining still works better for us, but this is good news for those waiting for a room only offer. Hopefully it will turn into a general offer soon if those of you interested didn't get a pin code offer for it.

Originally I booked with my 40% off pin that I received last year for November, however it didn't cover the first day we were there, nor the last day for my sister-in-law since they decided to stay till 12/01 to go on the Disney cruise with us and by then all TPV rooms at the Poly for my pin were taken.

I just opened up my email this morning to the 35% off code which is good from 11/26-12/22 (and other dates as well). I called Disney and snagged the last 2 TPV rooms at the Poly for our dates (11/26-12/01)!!!! I am SO freaking excited!!!! Thank goodness we don't have to pay rack rate which was ~$641/night for the extra evening she couldn't get and now we don't have to stay off-site for our first night!!!!!

YAY!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Originally I booked with my 40% off pin that I received last year for November, however it didn't cover the first day we were there, nor the last day for my sister-in-law since they decided to stay till 12/01 to go on the Disney cruise with us and by then all TPV rooms at the Poly for my pin were taken.

I just opened up my email this morning to the 35% off code which is good from 11/26-12/22 (and other dates as well). I called Disney and snagged the last 2 TPV rooms at the Poly for our dates (11/26-12/01)!!!! I am SO freaking excited!!!! Thank goodness we don't have to pay rack rate which was ~$641/night for the extra evening she couldn't get and now we don't have to stay off-site for our first night!!!!!

YAY!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I owe you a thanks for being much more observant than I was with the dates on this pin offer. We are checking in on Nov 25 and our free dining can begin on Nov 27, so we have 2 nights of rack rate on Nov 25/26. Thanks to you, I will be calling to use that pin for Nov 26 and only one night of rack rate for Nov 25. We are now going to have three different reservations, which is crazy, but is definitely worth saving a few bucks!! If it weren't for your post, I would never have noticed!

I owe you a thanks for being much more observant than I was with the dates on this pin offer. We are checking in on Nov 25 and our free dining can begin on Nov 27, so we have 2 nights of rack rate on Nov 25/26. Thanks to you, I will be calling to use that pin for Nov 26 and only one night of rack rate for Nov 25. We are now going to have three different reservations, which is crazy, but is definitely worth saving a few bucks!! If it weren't for your post, I would never have noticed!

Awh, you're SO welcome! Glad my post helped you out! :grouphug: Three reservations is a lot, but hey, if you're saving $$ it's definitely worth it :thumbsup2

Would love a room-only discount to be able to extend our trip a night or two to stay at Poly. It is our fave place in the world but no way can I afford rack rate....

How do I get these discounts you guys speak of? want to book a trip for 3 nights the weekend before thanksgiving.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter