Nothing "extra" for our Honeymoon

Renwoman

Earning My Ears
My DH and I just got back from our Disney World honeymoon. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort from 12/15/10 to 12/22/10. We were on the Disney Dining Plan so we had a sit down meal every day. I made sure that we had "Honeymoon" on our room and dinner reservations. We got "Happily ever after" buttons at check-in that we wore almost the whole week.

We got congratulations from cast members including a couple of our servers but nothing extra magical. I know that noone is entitled to do anything special for newlyweds, but I had thought at least one thing would happen. This expectation was born out of the stories of people getting multiple things on their honeymoon trips at Disney.

I'm not posting this to get sympathy not do I feel as if we were entitled, but I wanted to warn others that may be planning a Honeymoon to Disney that it is very possible that nothing at all extra might happen beyond a few congratulations here and there.

Wishing Disney honeymoon magic on you all! :wizard:

Sorry it wasn't all you were expecting!!! Congrats on your marriage though!

First of all, congrats on your marriage!

Second of all, I was married in the World two years ago and didn't get anything extra special either, other than some cute stories from older CMs about their weddings. I was a bit disappointed as well, but it didn't stop us from having a really great time! We go for our anniversary as well and never get tapped for that magical something. Ah, well, Disney is pretty magical anyway! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear you didn't get any extra pixie dust for your wedding:sad2: Mainly what we got was a free dessert at our sit down meals... but since you were on the dining plan your dessert was already included they probably didn't know what else to do:confused3 Congratulations and glad you still had a wonderful trip:goodvibes

We stayed at Coronado for our honeymoon too and we were a bit disappointed with the lack of magic there. We weren't really expecting anything to happen, but then DH made a new friend who had a friend that worked at the front desk. She put in a good word for us and upon check in we were told that if we waited a while longer for our room it would be worth the wait :wink wink: Well of course we waited, getting our hopes up for something special and turns out we got just what we booked for, nothing extra or special.

I love the Coronado, we stay there whenever we can, but I know how you feel. After the build up it was kind of a let down. Oh well!

I've been trying not to read too much of the "extras" other people have gotten, because I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I hope the "regular" magic of Disney World was still enough to make your honeymoon special!

I've been trying not to read too much of the "extras" other people have gotten, because I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I hope the "regular" magic of Disney World was still enough to make your honeymoon special!

amen to that!! while i can understand where people are coming from, i try not to even take that stuff in. i was just thinking about how cool it was when we were at disneyland last spring, and i had a WDW "engaged" button already on, that some random CM came over and gave me two DL engaged buttons! it was just nice having people say "congrats!". i fully plan to sport several (sad i know) of the bride t-shirts on our upcoming wedding trip. and i will not be above having said shirt and bride ears on when we beg the concierge on the dream to please please please find us a reservation at the booked-the-moment-ADRs-opened-up Remys!

now THAT would be some magic!! :dance3:

I think the "What will you celebrate" promotion was the end of lots of wedding pixie dust because everyone was celebrating stuff and even though that promotion has ended they still ask you and you can still get the buttons.

I had a few ppl say congrats but nothing over the top. And I plan on wearing my pins when we go again in Feb. We are still newlyweds!

We did receive a fruit/cheese tray and card from AKL when we arrived back to our room one night. We didn't eat much of the food but it was nice of them to do that for us.

I think the "What will you celebrate" promotion was the end of lots of wedding pixie dust because everyone was celebrating stuff and even though that promotion has ended they still ask you and you can still get the buttons.

I agree with Chilly :goodvibes
I think because EVERYONE seemed to be celebrating something, some of the small extras that others have experienced in the past are gone.
We were married there in July and Disneymooned at the GF and didn't even get a signed congratulations card that seemed to be standard for a while. I will say that with hearing all of the little extras I was a bit disappointed that the GF only mentioned "congrats" when we checked in, but other than that, there was nothing special about the room (even though they refer to it as thier honeymoon suite") or any of the restaurants ADR's.
We still had a great time - so for all of you future brides please don't get caught up in the buzz around getting extras - but here's wishing :wizard:

Anyone recommend a certain place to stay while "disneymooning?" lol. I like that word! my fiancee and I will be there August 14th-20th, 2011. :)

He has never been there and I was 5 the only time I went and don't remember much of it.

:love: thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter