"Not to miss" stuff at GF and AKL?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
DH and I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge on our December trip, but we are planning on spending one afternoon at the Grand Floridian. We are going to the afternoon tea and then I am getting massage! :D We also want to explore the resort and see some of the highlights. I know we want to see the Christmas tree and the Gingerbread house in the main lobby. I've heard there is sometimes music (a piano player?) in the lobby. Does anybody know when that happens? What else should we try to check out?

We also are spending one evening at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are going to eat dinner at Jiko, do some shopping, see the animals, etc. We also want to try to catch the African story telling at the fire pit. What else should we try to see at the AKL? I've heard there are some African art displays or something somewhere. We are really interested in African culture and history, so that sounds neat. Anything else? We want to try to get a real feel for the resort, since we may try to stay there on our next trip - if we can tear ourselves away from the Wilderness Lodge, which will be really hard!

Hi GEM! I think that the AKL does a complimentary tour of the lodge. During the tour, you learn about the lodge's construction, and they introduce you to the artwork. I believe it starts around 3:30 or 4:00 pm. I have no idea how long it is. However, if this would fit into your travel schedule, you and DH might enjoy it.

Have fun at Disney in December!! :)

The GF has a piano player in the main lobby. He played in the late afternoon/early evenings during our stay (between 3pm and 9:45pm). They also have a wonderful orchestra on the 2nd floor overlooking the lobby. Right outside of Mizner's lounge. We loved listening to them. I even got my 12 year old son to dance the jitter bug with me one night.

Enjoy your massage, I had an aromatherapy one there last week and I was in heaven! You will love the Tea room. Check to see if Izzy is working. He is a hidden treasure. Tell him we said HI!

Tammi McManus

My favorite activities at the GF and AKL are people-watching. And, of course, animal-watching at the AKL is a must. Don't forget to start conversations with the CMs at both of those resorts, especially the AKL since they have many CMs from Africa. Both resorts are lovely and have something different to offer. If you make time to stop and smell the roses, your trip should be memorable. *Sigh* Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter