Not sure I'm getting why FP+ is "limiting" peoples experience.

I have some hope its headed this way. Twice this trip I've forgotten to ask for my AP discount to be applied to a meal, but the waiter has come back after scanning my band for the room charge and said "I saw you are a pass holder so I applied this discount." Would be nice if they could just automate it somehow.

That's my thought. One of the "selling points" to get guests to use MB's is that everything can be linked to them through the MDE. With everything linked to the MB, there is no reason to need to carry all the various cards, so the discounts etc. should be able to be applied automatically, since, by using the MB's as suggested, means you wouldn't have your AP or DVC or TiW or what-have-you on your person.

I'm sure that this has been asked, but I wanted some clarification.

Last year when we went to Disney World we got more than 3 fast passes via the machines.

This year, are you only allowed the 3 on the FP+ selection? Can you not get other fast passes the day you're in the park?

Trying to decide what FP selections to have for HS.

I kinda wanna try getting on Toy Story Mania, but Rock n Roller is tempting me cause it's my favorite roller coaster... ARGH!

I'm sure that this has been asked, but I wanted some clarification.

Last year when we went to Disney World we got more than 3 fast passes via the machines.

1)This year, are you only allowed the 3 on the FP+ selection?

2) Can you not get other fast passes the day you're in the park?

Trying to decide what FP selections to have for HS.

I kinda wanna try getting on Toy Story Mania, but Rock n Roller is tempting me cause it's my favorite roller coaster... ARGH!

Short answers

1) yes

2) maybe

Long answers
1) if you are staying onsite (and getting MB's) you can preschedule 3 FP+'s, currently with tiers. If you are staying off-site (as of today) you cannot preschedule anything.

2) When you get to the parks (for everywhere except AK) you can still use your ticket, KTTW card, old room-only KTTW card, to pull FP- (what they had last year). That may change between now and your trip, and no one knows when, if, or how the change will happen.

HTH ;)

Short answers

1) yes

2) maybe

Long answers
1) if you are staying onsite (and getting MB's) you can preschedule 3 FP+'s, currently with tiers. If you are staying off-site (as of today) you cannot preschedule anything.

2) When you get to the parks (for everywhere except AK) you can still use your ticket, KTTW card, old room-only KTTW card, to pull FP- (what they had last year). That may change between now and your trip, and no one knows when, if, or how the change will happen.

HTH ;)

Hi,

thanks for answering my questions.
I'll be staying at Art of Animation next week, I already got my MB, do they give me a KTTW card or do I have to ask for one?
Kinda sucks.. my friend who is staying off-site bought his tickets last week, and they wouldn't let him do anything with fast passes, it now makes sense that they can't register. If we go talk to them on the day in the park, will they give him the same selection that I have?

Hi, thanks for answering my questions. I'll be staying at Art of Animation next week, I already got my MB, do they give me a KTTW card or do I have to ask for one? Kinda sucks.. my friend who is staying off-site bought his tickets last week, and they wouldn't let him do anything with fast passes, it now makes sense that they can't register. If we go talk to them on the day in the park, will they give him the same selection that I have?

As an off-site guest he will be able to pull fastpasses from the regular machines in all parks except for DAK. At DAK he will have to visit a kiosk and schedule his FPs there.

Hi,

thanks for answering my questions.
I'll be staying at Art of Animation next week, I already got my MB, do they give me a KTTW card or do I have to ask for one?
Kinda sucks.. my friend who is staying off-site bought his tickets last week, and they wouldn't let him do anything with fast passes, it now makes sense that they can't register. If we go talk to them on the day in the park, will they give him the same selection that I have?

As an off-site guest he will be able to pull fastpasses from the regular machines in all parks except for DAK. At DAK he will have to visit a kiosk and schedule his FPs there.

I know that POP isn't currently giving KTTW cards, and there is another resort/hotel that also isn't. But for the life of me, I can't remember which one it is. If they don't give a KTTW card, you can always ask for one. BUT if it one of the MB only resorts, my understanding is that their KTTW cards don't work in the FP machines. :confused3

In AK, you should be able to go to the kiosk and get his FP+ times scheduled the same as yours. Key word being should. For the other parks, as he pulls a FP from the machine, you should be able to use the mobile app and change your FP time to what his is. Again, key word being should. The problem that I can see is that if you are in a MB only resort (no KTTW card) and he pulls more than 3 FP-'s. And in that situation, I really have no idea what would help the best. Be kind, and courteous to a MDE/FP+ kiosk CM?

I can't tell if you're replying to me from hours ago (and a page back,)
but I agree that Disney, as are most corporations (and people,) motivated by money and profits.

My question, however, was HOW was FP+ going to MAKE buckets of money?

Disney has lots of ways to make money, but spending a reported Billion dollars, plus on this means that they think it will make back that and much more over a reasonable amount of time.

I wasn't disagreeing that they WANT to make money off of anything that they do, I just don't see how FP+ is going to be their high-speed route to riches.

I think part of it is the mental tweak of when you go to buy something, you don't even have to reach for your wallet. Need a drink? Wave your wrist over here and you get a drink. See this cool shirt/bag/whatever? Tap your wrist and you can have it.

The removal of that mental stimulation of reaching into your pocket or purse could remove the connection that you are spending real money. If Disney can get the average person to spend another $10 per day in the parks that is huge, and if Disney can convince you to spend MORE time on site to get in all the rides you want that makes them more money.

I like the following post from the OP, disneyerin, so I'll save my other thoughts until another time.

;)

Ok, OP here (again). First of all, I think this has turned out to be an awesome thread. It wasn't too long ago that a similar thread like this was going and it got really personal and ugly. I think everyone is really making sense and being super respectful, no matter what their position is. I've just about pivoted 190 degrees from when I started this thing! :p

Second.....I have a new theory. :scratchin After reading an article (can't remember where the link is...) about how horribly screwed up the implementation of FP+ has been and how angry the CEO is to the point of putting a (temporary I hope) stop to growth in the parks because of it, AND updates my husband has been giving me about a recently published book I bought in WDW, "Dream It! Do It!" which describes some incredibly incompetent decisions made about cutting experiences (and maintenance of rides)in the parks and halting any sort of growth in terms of new rides ALL in the name of making more money for the company, (oh man this is a long sentence! :eek:) I've come to this conclusion:

Changes are being made to WDW which are based on greed, and are absent of any love for what Disney is all about. These changes are showing up in different ways, and many folks who have loved the parks for years are feeling it strongly. But, at the same time we are being told that these changes are actually great and that they are making the parks even MORE enjoyable and magical.

A recipe for crazy making. People are feeling the dysfunction because there actually is dysfunction in the Disney company. There actually is dysfunction in the running of the parks right now. But every message coming from Disney is telling us how not only is nothing wrong with the system, it's so much BETTER. Some people like me don't feel it as much because the parts of the park experience Disney has managed poorly are not as high on our priority list. Some are actually benefiting from the changes and of course are liking them. But that doesn't mean that the dysfunction, which the CEO is also feeling right now, isn't directly affecting other folks negatively.

Threads like this have so much energy and passion driving them because there is no where else for people to go to be heard. Contacting Disney doesn't help. It's a corporation now, and corporations just don't admit their mistakes to their own customers

I saw Saving Mister Banks a couple of weeks ago in DTD; fantastic movie (to me). It really showed how deeply Walt loved his company and how this love was the motivating force in all his business decisions.

My final conclusion is this: Walt, has truly left the building.... :guilty:

Thanks OP for popping back in. I read most of these posts but not having personally experienced FP+ myself, I don't feel qualified to post. I do know that the new MM+ project will impact my vacation but don't know how. For the way I tour, rides are the priority and I expect some impact.

I am interested in the book you referred to. I am very interested in how this investment will pay for itself, how Disney is focused for the future and whether or not this will be my last visit to WDW. It just may be.

For those interested: I did get the flash drive, my Magic Bands are customized (I picked green), I am a planner (I do spreadsheets), and I do know what park I will be in on what day at least 60 days in advance. I have never known what time I want to ride what and that is driving me crazy!

I saw Saving Mister Banks a couple of weeks ago in DTD; fantastic movie (to me). It really showed how deeply Walt loved his company and how this love was the motivating force in all his business decisions.

:worried:

Ok, OP here (again). First of all, I think this has turned out to be an awesome thread. It wasn't too long ago that a similar thread like this was going and it got really personal and ugly. I think everyone is really making sense and being super respectful, no matter what their position is. I've just about pivoted 190 degrees from when I started this thing! :p

Second.....I have a new theory. :scratchin After reading an article (can't remember where the link is...) about how horribly screwed up the implementation of FP+ has been and how angry the CEO is to the point of putting a (temporary I hope) stop to growth in the parks because of it, AND updates my husband has been giving me about a recently published book I bought in WDW, "Dream It! Do It!" which describes some incredibly incompetent decisions made about cutting experiences (and maintenance of rides)in the parks and halting any sort of growth in terms of new rides ALL in the name of making more money for the company, (oh man this is a long sentence! :eek:) I've come to this conclusion:

Changes are being made to WDW which are based on greed, and are absent of any love for what Disney is all about. These changes are showing up in different ways, and many folks who have loved the parks for years are feeling it strongly. But, at the same time we are being told that these changes are actually great and that they are making the parks even MORE enjoyable and magical.

A recipe for crazy making. People are feeling the dysfunction because there actually is dysfunction in the Disney company. There actually is dysfunction in the running of the parks right now. But every message coming from Disney is telling us how not only is nothing wrong with the system, it's so much BETTER. Some people like me don't feel it as much because the parts of the park experience Disney has managed poorly are not as high on our priority list. Some are actually benefiting from the changes and of course are liking them. But that doesn't mean that the dysfunction, which the CEO is also feeling right now, isn't directly affecting other folks negatively.

Threads like this have so much energy and passion driving them because there is no where else for people to go to be heard. Contacting Disney doesn't help. It's a corporation now, and corporations just don't admit their mistakes to their own customers

AWESOME post OP! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Welcome to the other side of the looking glass....

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that he is no longer frozen in the Epcot ball? Waiting to be thawed out and resurrected? I think I feel woozy!! :faint: My childhood dreams are gone!!

1) GREAT post. Really, really well said.

2) Thank you for asking a question and truly being interested in the responses. Whether or not you pivoted your position or thoughts doesn't matter. It's listening and respecting the other side.

It's true. What made Disney, DISNEY, was that Walt wasn't a bean counter. He did things that he knew were needed and made the bean counters (Roy) figure it out. He made their lives hell and that is what made disney great and boat loads of money in the end. Counting pennies is always a temporary fix, especially in a customer-centric business. Real changes come from the inside out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know that POP isn't currently giving KTTW cards, and there is another resort/hotel that also isn't. But for the life of me, I can't remember which one it is. If they don't give a KTTW card, you can always ask for one. BUT if it one of the MB only resorts, my understanding is that their KTTW cards don't work in the FP machines. :confused3

The All Stars resorts are the other resorts. You can ask for the KTTW but be prepared to be told no and even if you do get it the card will only be able to open your room door not pull FP's. I was at POP mid November and asked for the card but was told no that they weren't giving them anymore, however I have seen others that asked given one. So I guess like everything else at Disney its up to the CM. But the one thing that will remain constant is that it is not available for FP's.

Ok, OP here (again). First of all, I think this has turned out to be an awesome thread. It wasn't too long ago that a similar thread like this was going and it got really personal and ugly. I think everyone is really making sense and being super respectful, no matter what their position is. I've just about pivoted 190 degrees from when I started this thing! :p Second.....I have a new theory. :scratchin After reading an article (can't remember where the link is...) about how horribly screwed up the implementation of FP+ has been and how angry the CEO is to the point of putting a (temporary I hope) stop to growth in the parks because of it, AND updates my husband has been giving me about a recently published book I bought in WDW, "Dream It! Do It!" which describes some incredibly incompetent decisions made about cutting experiences (and maintenance of rides)in the parks and halting any sort of growth in terms of new rides ALL in the name of making more money for the company, (oh man this is a long sentence! :eek:) I've come to this conclusion: Changes are being made to WDW which are based on greed, and are absent of any love for what Disney is all about. These changes are showing up in different ways, and many folks who have loved the parks for years are feeling it strongly. But, at the same time we are being told that these changes are actually great and that they are making the parks even MORE enjoyable and magical. A recipe for crazy making. People are feeling the dysfunction because there actually is dysfunction in the Disney company. There actually is dysfunction in the running of the parks right now. But every message coming from Disney is telling us how not only is nothing wrong with the system, it's so much BETTER. Some people like me don't feel it as much because the parts of the park experience Disney has managed poorly are not as high on our priority list. Some are actually benefiting from the changes and of course are liking them. But that doesn't mean that the dysfunction, which the CEO is also feeling right now, isn't directly affecting other folks negatively. Threads like this have so much energy and passion driving them because there is no where else for people to go to be heard. Contacting Disney doesn't help. It's a corporation now, and corporations just don't admit their mistakes to their own customers I saw Saving Mister Banks a couple of weeks ago in DTD; fantastic movie (to me). It really showed how deeply Walt loved his company and how this love was the motivating force in all his business decisions. My final conclusion is this: Walt, has truly left the building.... :guilty:

Agree 100%

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter