Not Avatar fans

lolcow

Mouseketeer
we are not Avatar fans, we’ve not even seen the movie. Is FOP and Na’vi river journey worth it if know virtually nothing? Interested in opinions please and thank you :)

I watched the movie right before I went and enjoyed. FOP is fun for people who have seen the movie and haven't you don't really need to see the movie to enjoy it. Navi River ride to me works better if you have seen the movie.

we were a group of 8 (4 kids and 4 adults) where only 2 of us had seen the movie and everyone LOVED FOP. Navi was boring and no one enjoyed it. I would say FOP is a can't miss ride whether you have seen (or even like) the movie or not.

You'll still enjoy FOP if you've never seen the movie.
I saw the movie and I still don't get Navi River Journey. Lol.
It'll be fine.

FOP is absolutely worth it. Like those above, the Navi River works if you've seen the movie, as I have, but I don't think I'll bother with it in the near future after having done it once unless there is little to no wait.

The beauty of the land is it was built for everyone. It is not based on the one film itself but rather the land within the film. The land is set decades after the film. I suggest maybe reading some of the backstory on my official Pandora thread in my signature.

I've never seen Avatar and have no desire to. Flight of Passage is the best ride in all of Disney. It is a MUST DO.

We aren't either and haven't seen the movie and have yet to go on the attractions.
We don't often go to AK so it hasn't even come up.
Next summer we may go and if we can get FP+ (considering staying CL and purchasing FP+ so we'd have 6 advanced per day) we will go on them for the heck of it.
I think in the meantime we better watch the movie just to get a feel for it.

Yeah, don't worry about seeing the movie. FoP is very awesome on it's own. I love the movie personally, but conversely I'm not a big Harry Potter fan but I still enjoy the rides at Universal. The finer points of "the land" are lost on me maybe, but the rides are pretty great regardless.

Another vote for not missing FoP regardless of not seeing the movie.
Navi If the wait isn't long.

I always said I wasn't an Avatar fan.....until I saw the movie. I enjoyed the movie WAY more than I imagined I would. I don't know if I would have viewed the rides differently without watching the movie, but I would suggest giving the movie a chance.

we are not Avatar fans, we’ve not even seen the movie. Is FOP and Na’vi river journey worth it if know virtually nothing? Interested in opinions please and thank you :)

I'm a huge Avatar fan and here's my opinion; FoP absolutely stands on its own. Do I enjoy it even more because I love the movie? Absolutely because of the meaning of it but I would consider it the best theme park ride regardless.

River Journey is different. I think that the movie enhances that experience because it is "about" the native species that you get introduced to in the movies; you see the flora and fauna that you get to know in the movie, as well as a Na'vi shaman (which I consider to be the best audio-animatronic in the parks), and hear the native language through song. I wouldn't wait an extremely long time in line, but I do make it a point to go when I'm there either via rope drop or fast pass, depending on my plans.

I saw Avatar in the theater and watched it several times subsequently, I just don't like it. The "land" is interesting and I understand it's more impressive at night. I've done FOP and NRJ several times. FOP is impressive and state-of-the-art technology, but I could give it a pass because it can be a pain in the neck to ride without spending a lot of time in a standby line. But I'm old school, to me Haunted Mansion is 10X better than FOP. NRJ is visually nice but wouldn't recommend anyone waiting more than 10-15 minutes for it.

<------------- I thought you meant that kind of Avatar. :rotfl2:(duh)

I agree. FOP is excellent. It was very moving to me, and I was surprised how deeply the whole experience was. It is a must see!:banana:

I don't understand how anyone can get nausea from it....but please if in doubt please
grab Dramamine and don't miss the experience:thumbsup2

Never saw the movie and still enjoyed both rides and wandering the land

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter