Not accepted :(

Thanks again to every one who responded. I've been going over this in my mind and have decided that I should have said that I would be willing to work CS when the interviewer asked me. I just said that I would prefer not to work there.

As far as my record goes it is clean. I do not have any legal issues. I am a good person who graduated 3rd in her high school class. I attend a small Christian school and I do not party.

I did find out that my school is not that fond of sending students through the CP. Only a few have done it in recent years. I had a good relationship with the woman who used to run the intership program at my college and she knew how much I wanted to do the program so that eventually I might intern at Disney. However, this year we have a new person in that position and I wonder how much interaction Disney has with the college before making a hiring decision.

I will keep thinking and trying to figure out what I need to do to get into the program next fall. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated. (I know apply early and check as many positions that I am willing to do.)

oh, i am so nervous this is me in a few weeks.

i just had my interview and have a couple of questions and i hope someone can let me know if this is in my future also.

the only two things i think that were going against me were nerves and being forgetful. for one, i know that my voice was kind of shaky because, DUH, i was really nervous. do you think that they take this into consideration? for example, oh, she was not confident at all, and totally not for us. second of all, what a moron, i forgot to have my code with me to read to the interviewer! you know, the one they give you after the e-presentation? she said it wasnt a big deal, that it was just for tracking purposes. do you think that these things are huge enough faults for me not to be considered? :sad2: i feel so silly now!

and im throwing this in for fun :banana:

oh, i am so nervous this is me in a few weeks.

i just had my interview and have a couple of questions and i hope someone can let me know if this is in my future also.

the only two things i think that were going against me were nerves and being forgetful. for one, i know that my voice was kind of shaky because, DUH, i was really nervous. do you think that they take this into consideration? for example, oh, she was not confident at all, and totally not for us. second of all, what a moron, i forgot to have my code with me to read to the interviewer! you know, the one they give you after the e-presentation? she said it wasnt a big deal, that it was just for tracking purposes. do you think that these things are huge enough faults for me not to be considered? :sad2: i feel so silly now!

and im throwing this in for fun :banana:

I'm not sure if the code thing is that big of a deal. Both times I've interviewed they never even asked for it. Each time at the end I asked them if they needed it they said they didn't, there wasnt even a spot on their interviewing form, but they'll write it down.

I'm not sure if the code thing is that big of a deal. Both times I've interviewed they never even asked for it. Each time at the end I asked them if they needed it they said they didn't, there wasnt even a spot on their interviewing form, but they'll write it down.

oh wow. well thats really good to know, i appreciate your response :)
its good to know that its not necessary, i just hope it doesnt make me look TOO irresponsible.

Hi there -

Don't give up! My daughter applied last year (she too was a sophomore in college) and was declined. She re-applied this September and just got her acceptance letter (YaHoo!)

The funny thing is; when she interviewed last year, she thought it went WAY better than this year's interview.

Her advice to you is this ... a former Disney CP interviewer told her a bit about what they look for:

1) Be excited, animated, "bubbly" (if you are reading this and are male, be whatever the male equivalent of bubbly is)
2) Let them know what job you want, but be flexible. They are looking for goal-oriented people who know what they want, yet are willing to adapt and change for the good of the company.
3) A key "Disney phrase" is "exceed guest expectations" .. somehow, try to slip this into your interview - let the interviewer know you are willing to go above and beyond to help make the guest's experience in WDW an amazing one.
4) Heads up! .. as soon as they start recruiting for the season you want .. apply! the sooner you apply, the more positions are available in your chosen job areas.

We wish you the best of luck - keep trying!!!!

I'm kinda on the same boat as you, although when they called for the interview they didn't even interview me. I don't even know what went wrong. They called and said that they wern't going to continue "this interview process with you" and to please try again. I was really bummed out. But I don't know if I want to try again cause if they didn't even want to give me the chance in an interview, why would they do it next time...? I'm really confused.

I'm kinda on the same boat as you, although when they called for the interview they didn't even interview me. I don't even know what went wrong. They called and said that they wern't going to continue "this interview process with you" and to please try again. I was really bummed out. But I don't know if I want to try again cause if they didn't even want to give me the chance in an interview, why would they do it next time...? I'm really confused.

Whoa! I've never heard of this before, I'm sorry *hugs*. That's really weird.

although when they called for the interview they didn't even interview me. I don't even know what went wrong. They called and said that they wern't going to continue "this interview process with you" and to please try again.

Did you interview for Disneyland or Walt Disney World?

The reason I'm asking is that Disneyland's process is different. I only know what they have listed on their site and haven't gone through it, but it is different than WDWs in several ways.

They have this "web based interview" thing that is part of what they do and it says that this must be completed before the "follow-up telephone appointment" (note that they don't call it a "telephone interview" like they do on WDW's site).

If you did apply for Disneyland, then this may confirm my line of thought based on your statements and a few others that I've seen in various places.

I'm thinking that the web based interview is an initial screen and that if you passed that, then the "follow-up telephone appointment" will be an interview and if you didn't, then you are told that they aren't going to continue the application/interview process with you.

The reason I'm asking is that Disneyland's process is different. I only know what they have listed on their site and haven't gone through it, but it is different than WDWs in several ways.

They have this "web based interview" thing that is part of what they do and it says that this must be completed before the "follow-up telephone appointment" (note that they don't call it a "telephone interview" like they do on WDW's site).

If you did apply for Disneyland, then this may confirm my line of thought based on your statements and a few others that I've seen in various places.

I'm thinking that the web based interview is an initial screen and that if you passed that, then the "follow-up telephone appointment" will be an interview and if you didn't, then you are told that they aren't going to continue the application/interview process with you.

It was for disneyland and I was already scheduled for a phone interview, then i did the web interview. I would have accepted the fact that i didn't pass the web interview, but my friend and i signed up together and our web interview was almost exactly the same except for a few answers that were different. She got an interview, so Idk. Maybe those couple of questions were not enough.

I applied late in the game and only picked a handful of choices. I was lucky to get my first choice, hospitality, as I've learned it's quite competitive. Most of the hospitality roles go to the ICPs.

would you happen to be a hospitality or hotel & tourism major? or already have experience in this field?

I wasn't aware it was so competitive, and it's my boyfriends 1st choice. when he interviewed, they ONLY asked him situational questions about this role, and touched on his second choice(attractions) and basically ignored the other two. . .character attendant & FSFB. even though he has some restaurant experience. . . so we were kinda just wondering if he'll be a shoe-in for it since it is is major + 1st choice?

1) Be excited, animated, "bubbly" (if you are reading this and are male, be whatever the male equivalent of bubbly is)

after listening in on my b/f's interview. . .i would have to say the male equivalent to bubbly is enthusiastic or excited. haha.

I am pretty sure that's correct.

would you happen to be a hospitality or hotel & tourism major? or already have experience in this field?

I wasn't aware it was so competitive, and it's my boyfriends 1st choice. when he interviewed, they ONLY asked him situational questions about this role, and touched on his second choice(attractions) and basically ignored the other two. . .character attendant & FSFB. even though he has some restaurant experience. . . so we were kinda just wondering if he'll be a shoe-in for it since it is is major + 1st choice?

QUOTE]

I don't know about the other poster, but I got picked for hospitality, too and this is how it worked for me:

I filled out the application and interviewed on both first days possible. My choices in order were: Character Attendanct, Attractions, Hospitality and Merchandise.

My interviewer started off by asking a little about myself and about my current job. I currently work in a hotel and have for about a year and a half. I am fortunate enough to have experience in every field of our hotel except for engineering and management!! She seemed to really like that and asked me questions about CA, Memorizing scripts and Hospitlaity. I am also a hospitality major.

When I got my letter I was selected for spring Advg. hospitality:) :cool1:

I too, heard that it was a really hard role to get, but I just heard that from other hopefull participants and no one in recruiting or anyone from Disney told me that, so I can't really pinpoint exactly how hard it is to get:)

Good luck, though!!! I hope he gets it!!!

after listening in on my b/f's interview. . .i would have to say the male equivalent to bubbly is enthusiastic or excited. haha.

I'm not a hospitality major but 18/20 of the people in my training class were, so it's def. an advantage. However, one of my roommates is a hotal management major and her #1 choice was hospitality and she didn't get it. I guess it all depends on the interview. I asked about about hotels for awhile, then attractions. I was sure I would get put in attractions, but the letter came (6 weeks later..) and it was hospitality. My third was full service and she didn't even mention it. I did NOT put on merchandise, lifeguard, qsr, or custodial so for me it was kinda all or nothing!

Hi there -

Don't give up! My daughter applied last year (she too was a sophomore in college) and was declined. She re-applied this September and just got her acceptance letter (YaHoo!)

The funny thing is; when she interviewed last year, she thought it went WAY better than this year's interview.

Her advice to you is this ... a former Disney CP interviewer told her a bit about what they look for:

2) Let them know what job you want, but be flexible. They are looking for goal-oriented people who know what they want, yet are willing to adapt and change for the good of the company.
3) A key "Disney phrase" is "exceed guest expectations" .. somehow, try to slip this into your interview - let the interviewer know you are willing to go above and beyond to help make the guest's experience in WDW an amazing one.
4) Heads up! .. as soon as they start recruiting for the season you want .. apply! the sooner you apply, the more positions are available in your chosen job areas.

We wish you the best of luck - keep trying!!!!

Thank you!!!
This was just what I was looking for :)
Like I said I'm going to reapply in the fall...

They ask you during the interview if you want to add any roles to your checklist so you can always do that. I had only checked off like one and they let me add more even after my interview was over. They are really flexible and appericate that we are flexible with options. Plus having work experience at a Disney store will work in your favor. Just relax and act normal lol.

You said after the interview was over, mine is over now and I was thinking I might check off some more things, do you just call them and ask them? Or was that not what you meant as in they just asked during the interview process?

Sorry this is a question off an older post!

I just emailed my recruiter. I said that I had decided that I wanted to be more flexible and wanted to add recreation and Character attendent to my file. She emailed me back sayign that they appericate me being flexible and that they are more than happy to add those roles to my application and then they just asked me a question about recreation like would i be okay around water? But other than that it was easy. Just make sure that you email them now so that they can add it before they start reviewing your file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter