No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

Woohoo for easy flights! :thumbsup2

We rented a Tahoe for our Black Hills vacation. It was big but very nice!

How nice to have a table saved for you. Disney magic already?! :goodvibes

I'm so excited to read about y'alls trip to Disneyland! We spent two days there in early November and I hardly remember any of it because it was raining and freezing! I hardly took any pictures so may I steal one to photoshop my husband and I into it? :) I had great dreams of getting a picture of us in front of the castle so I could frame it next to one of us in front of Cinderella's castle but I never even took a picture of the castle this trip! I'm so mad at myself!!

We ate at that same In and Out burger our first night too! Did y'all order anything off of the "secret menu"? We didn't because we didn't find out about it until the next day and never went back even though we wanted to!

Hi ya Brook! Just wanted to let you know I'm here and reading along. Just read the intro, now onto more!:goodvibes

I'm anxiously awaiting more. Trying to plan our first trip to DLR and wishing there was as much info on disboards as there is for WDW. Can't wait to see more of your pictures.:thumbsup2

Here! I just know you are going to feed my Disneyland obsession with this trip report, Brook! I really want to go in 2013!

I have heard lots of things about In and Out Burger, but we don't have those around here. It looks really tasty! How sweet of that little boy to save you a table! :goodvibes

Oh, and hurray for a good flight!

That was so sweet about that boy. His parents have done a great job.

My DH and I have been to CA before but never ate at In and Out Burger, when we were last there in 1996, I didn't know about how good it was suppose to be. So now whenever we make it out there, we will have to try it. Plus the prices aren't bad at all. Even compared to here in TN, the prices aren't bad.

And as far as a DL trip for us, I'm hoping that I've convinced a friend of mine , who happens to have tons of Marriott points, to go with us next year and use the points for our room. That might make it affordable. I hope, because just from your FB updates, I so want to take Logan there. I've actually been to DL 3 times, I have an aunt and uncle who live out there, so my actual first Disney experience was DL at age 8. So hopefully I can get Logan there before he turns 8.

Can't wait for another update.

I'm here!! I have been waiting for this to start. We are planning on going to DL next year.

Glad the plane ride was uneventful and that Henry was able to stay occupied during that time. LOL at the carzilla!

I am so happy you visited DL and that I stumbled across your TR tonight! I have read your WDW TRs and need your expertise! I booked a quick trip to Anaheim as a surprise 40th birthday present for my DH. I've been scouring the disneyland website for hints about what to expect. I've enjoyed 8 awesome trips to WDW and cannot wait to experience DL. Getting to read about your trip highlights is just what I need to plan and get excited about our July visit. Thank YOU Brooke! :thumbsup2

You know Brook... You ended you last TR with you running around and almost missing your flight, then you start this one the same way! :scared1::scared1:

Glad your flight was uneventful... those are the best flights. ::yes::

Score on the Tahoe for $130!!! I drive a Tahoe and Melody hates driving my truck. :rotfl:

In N out Burger.... I need to eat there. and look at those prices. That's nice! :thumbsup2

Yay for a smooth flight. I have to try flying into Long Beach next time. I always use LAX and it's big and confusing.

You got an amazing deal on a rental!

Can't wait to read about the three resorts. We're planning a trip and can't decide.

Looking forward to reading more.

Glad you had a smooth flight. I would have been equally as nervous with Max. Flying Jetblue helps though. Love the snacks and the extra leg room. Point being, flying with a four year old can be dicey. Luckily, Max has always been good.

I would love to see those mountains, too. I saw some of them, in the distance, when I went to New Mexico years ago and being in the west is certainly difference than the east coast.

Personally, I drive a Beetle, so yeah, a Tahoe in LA traffic would have thrown me a bit, too. :goodvibes

And I'd love to try In and Out! Yum.

Picking up from the other day...(sorry about the delay, but well, life...! :goodvibes)

So we were driving from In & Out Burger to Disney's Paradise Pier, Henry had just crashed in the car during the very short ride.

We arrived at Paradise Pier I parked Carzilla into the 15 minute spot right outside the main doors. I ran inside to check us in, it was a painless process. The CM was very kind and helpful about a few questions I had. 1st Visit buttons,

IMG9030-L.jpg

tickets,

IMG9041-L.jpg

room keys,

IMG9040-L.jpg

As you can see the room keys and tickets are not on one card like Walt Disney World.

and directions on where to park in hand, I went back to the car and we unloaded everything, thankfully Henry woke up easily when we told him we were finally there!

We were on the 5th floor in room 510 - which we were told was a City view (Standard View), but we could see a bit of Disney's California Adventure (DCA)!

IMG4824-L.jpg

Since we were only on the 5th floor, the actual "theme park view" wasn't much at all - it was mostly highway. However, that circular glowing thing on the right is the Mickey's Fun Wheel (Ferris wheel).

One entire side of the Paradise Pier overlooks directly into DCA. From the higher floors you can actually enjoy World of Color (WoC) from your hotel room and tune in the music on the television.

Paradise Pier is themed after DCA, there is actually a "land" within DCA named Paradise Pier. Even with DCA's refurb it still reflects it quite well. It has a beachy, airy feel that we really liked. A few details in the room that were copies of designs in DCA aren't current anymore, but it doesn't really detract from the room/hotel all that much, and I assume when they refurb PP, they will correct this.

The room was very nice. All three Disneyland Resort Hotels are considered Deluxe; however, Paradise Pier is the “least Deluxe” of the three. Paradise Pier has had two previous owners and you can tell it was not a Disney resort from the start; it just has a “normal hotel” feel mixed in with the Disney touch. However, it still is VERY nice.

IMG9004-L.jpg

2 Queen Sized Beds. And yes, you can take those stuffed beach balls home...for the low, low cost of $65 each. :lmao:

IMG9008-L.jpg

IMG9009-L.jpg

Free Wi-Fi!

IMG9013-L.jpg

Lamp on the desk

IMG9014-L.jpg

Mirror above the desk, this was taken from the sun design that used to be on Mickey's Fun Wheel (previously the Sun Wheel), now the sun is on California Screamin' (roller coaster), which used to have Mickey's face.

IMG9005-L.jpg

The rooms sleep 5 with this sleeper sofa

IMG9029-L.jpg

IMG9039-L.jpg

It's a single size - but a smaller adult could easily sleep here too.

IMG9011-L.jpg

Artwork above the sofa. This is the Paradise Pier section of DCA, it doesn't look quite like this, but similar.

IMG9012-L.jpg

Lamp next to the couch

IMG9006-L.jpg

IMG9015-L.jpg

Mini Fridge and safe. The safe is very big! It easily fit our laptop, several cords, wallet and more. It locks with a credit card or your room key.

IMG9016-L.jpg

Lamp on top of the TV unit

IMG9018-L.jpg

Sun design from the former Sun Wheel in the TV unit.

IMG9007-L.jpg

The rooms were big!

IMG9020-L.jpg

Double closet, but many hangers!

IMG9021-L.jpg

Across from the closet was this coffee bar area, great spot for tossing your lanyards, sunglasses, etc.

IMG9028-L.jpg

Not Nescrape!

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

IMG9022-L.jpg

IMG9019-L.jpg

Artwork near the beds - again here you can see the previous Mickey - now it is the sun in the circle and Mickey's face is on the Ferris Wheel.

IMG9023-L.jpg

Huge vanity, but only one sink. And the vanity is inside the bathroom area. Loved the basket under the sink for wet towels! A nice thing for the guests and the Mousekeepers.

IMG9024-L.jpg

IMG9025-L.jpg

The water ran HOT. Water pressure wasn't bad-not the best, but fine.

IMG9026-L.jpg

I LOVED the scent of their products!!!

IMG9027-L.jpg

Cute wallpaper

And of course I did a room tour (this tour was done the following evening)! Video: Room Tour (7 minutes, 6 seconds)

By the time we were in the room, with bags unloaded, Henry was wide awake and ready to do his ritual of jumping on the beds! We are all completely loopy by this point, exhausted and giddy with excitement.

IMG9037-L.jpg

IMG9038-L.jpg

Video: Jumping on the bed (3 minutes, 7 seconds) - our true quirk shows in this video! :rotfl:

When “We’re here, we’re here!” excitement wore off I moved the car to the parking ramp just behind the hotel, and I was back in the room within minutes. We got ready for bed and Joe and Henry were quickly in dreamland.

Me?

Not so much.

I struggled to fall asleep. And while yes, I was excited, I didn’t have that anxious feeling, so I have no idea what was keeping me up! I was a bit frustrated as I would fall into sleep for a while, then wake up - over and over again until finally Henry woke up at 5:30 AM.

We were obviously still on East Coast time! :rolleyes:

Up next: Lucky Number 13.

The hotel looks beautiful. I really like the style. I never realized how nice it is to have the vanity outside the actual bathroom until our trip to the Poly. Not a huge issue, but it is more convenient that way. Looking forward to hearing more about DL!

Comin' along for the ride!

::welcome::

I've heard DISers say the difference between DL and MK is like being in a Disney twilight zone... so similar, yet subtly different! :upsidedow

ps: LOOK I got a new counter!!

:laughing: I can see that comparison. And love the new ticker!!! :yay: Have you finalized your plans for that one yet? I know you have a lot on your list!

Hi Brook! :yay:

Trying to get back to my DISroots... so glad you posted the link to this TR on FB! Wow... Henry sure is getting big!

Looking forward to all the fun stuff,

Kathy

Hello Kathy! Good to see you around here again!!!

Hi :yay: I lurked all the way through your last trippie - wow those hyper links are cool - but thought wowser, made it in at the start of this baby so better come out of the shadows and say Hi :thumbsup2

I have never been to California, but OH has, so I am really looking forward to this report. I've also never heard of In n Out Burgers so its all new to me.

So glad you followed me over, and thank you for posting!! My trips tend to get loooooooong with all the pictures I post (and taking almost a YEAR to do the last one. :sad2:) So I always do the links! I find them handy on other reports, so I like to help the causal reader if I can.

This was our first time to California, we LOVED it. Henry keeps asking to go back. :laughing: In & Out is a west coast thing, I've heard it mentioned as a "favorite" by various celebrities and even on that show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate"!

Yay you're on the way! Henry looks so tiny in that first picture beside Joe! and liking the nickname for the Car Carzilla :lmao:

I know! :rotfl: I thought the same thing, Joe with all that STUFF and wee little Henry peeking over it all. We called that Tahoe Carzilla all week long, it was just massive!

I am sitting waiting for Claire at dance class.....starving to death, as we will eat after she is done....and those burgers and fires look like heaven!!!! I think it will be a burger night

:rotfl2: So did you have a burger? It sounds really good to me right now too!

The room looks so nice and big! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your California adventures!!! :surfweb:

Glad the 5-hour flight went well. I love the picture of Henry with the ketchup - he is looking so grown up!

Isn't he??? He has grown so much recently! And yes, that flight could have gone horribly, but it went REALLY well. We shall see how that return goes though... ;)

I :love: In-N-Out. A big reason why I want to go back to DL!

Jill in CO

::yes:: it's tasty, isn't it?! We will be eating there again in the future!

In & Out Burger is the best place ever. I wish we had them on the East coast.

I do too! We have Shake Shack in NYC, and that is VERY good, but the prices don't compare. :laughing:

Glad your flight went well...

I had to laugh at your carzilla comment. I thought "score" when you were offered those two vehicles. I can not handle driving the small...low to the ground things. I would feel too much like I was going to get run over by the other cars (especially in LA traffic) So I bet you can guess that I drive something big... how big... suburban big. Now she is my beast.... maybe not carzilla.. but a beast for sure. :goodvibes

I have only been to an In and Out burger once and it was in San Fran... and... it kinda scared me.

I think most people would have been thrilled with the free upgrade! I've always been a bit backwards. :laughing: But, after I got used to it, I was very thankful we had Carzilla, it was great for going through traffic and had power!

What was wrong with the one in San Fran? :eek:

The H2O products that you had is what they have on DCL. I love the smell of the shampoo - I received some for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter