No rooms 5/16-5/19...anyone have an idea why?

PixieDusting

The Red-headed Pixie!
Hi all

We're trying to book a room for 5/16-5/19 and frankly there's nothing available :-( We've called Disney...all they have is the Paradise Pier. We've called Westcoast Anaheim, Fairfield, Quality Inn as well.

Does anyone have any idea why everything is so booked? Conventions? Kid's already out of school? Whatever?

I can get a room using a package deal, but if the parks are going to be horrendously crowded we're going to have to skip it.

Anyhow, any insight from you who live in the area would be SO greatly appreciated!

Thanks much

<center>Lauren

All it takes is faith & trust....and a little bit of Pixie Dust!

loveairdvc2.jpg

Lauren, keep trying! I couldn't get in at the GC from 5/11 - 5/13 for the longest time and then all of a sudden there was availability. I'm not aware of any special things going on for your dates; there may be a convention, but if that's the case then I bet rooms will be released if they are not filled. There are no school holidays those days. Don't give up, and good luck! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

First, if there are conventions, do you feel they will impact the crowds at the parks much? And cif you don't mind me asking.....what is the rate you got for the GC? That is our first choice for a hotel :-)

Thanks much!

<center>Lauren

loveairdvc2.jpg

Crowds at Disneyland are generally not bad during the week in mid-May, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Even with a convention (if there even is one) it won't impact Disneyland that much during the day. Crowds at DCA are practically non-existent during the week still, so you'll definitely be fine there.

Room rates at the GC really vary and are based on their occupancy levels...the more full they are the higher the cost for the remaining rooms, so a price I got today may not be the same for you tomorrow. Mid-May is regular season and rates range from $265 or so for standard rooms to $410 for concierge with a preferred view.

Good luck! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Since this won't be a terribly busy time, I'm going to go ahead and book a package for those dates. It's a gift to DH and DS for their birthdays (the 15th and the 24th), and since Alaska Air is offering "kids fly free" we're going to take one of my son's friends as well.

It's a surprise for DS (had to tell DH about it). I'll wake DS up that morning, tell him we're going...and VOILA! Can't wait to see the look on his face! Will stop by his friend's house on the way to the airport to "pick up his homework assignments" and she'll hop in the car with us. Cannot wait! This will be totally unexpected, since we were just in DL 2 weeks ago :-)

<center>Lauren

loveairdvc2.jpg

What a great suprise for DS. Please write a trip report afterwards and let us know his reaction.

Have fun!

Leaving for DL in 4 days!

WDW: Offsite 89; ASSp 95, 96; FWH 98; Dolphin 00. DL: Offsite 93, 94, 98; DLHotel 99.

They are offering a special package for cast members for those days. My DH is a part time CM at TDS and it was advertised for several weeks. I believe it is for rooms at Paradise Pier. We were already going as I have a business trip beginning the 19th so we are going out on the 15th and staying at the GC, but have had ressies for several months. We do go at this time every year and the crowds during the week are always low.

I would agree that you should keep trying. You might also work with a travel agent who specializes in Disney to try to help you, such as Dreams Unlimited (the agency that started from these boards) and maybe they can help you. In the meantime, I would book other rooms through Travelocity or one of the other online services as a second choice. But keep trying for what you want. Blocks of ooms tend to open up 60 days, 30 days, and 3 days before arrival time, so keep rechecking.

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest