No more Stanby line for A&E?

Yes. The SB+ ticket given allowed you to get into the 30 minute standby line while the FP+ lets you go right to the front (less than 10 minutes)

Interesting thanks.

So it comes down to what % are FP+.

Must range between 50% and 90%.

At 50% the average wait for every guest at A&E is 20 minutes. At 90% the average wait is 12 minutes.

So its somewhere between 12 and 20 minutes (ave 16 min) for every guest all day long.

Why is this bad again? When the neighbor is at 200 minutes for everyone all day, and A&E was at EPCOT.

The down side is if you arrive too late to get a ticket.

That's it?

Wasn't that the whole complaint about FP+ making it so early birds didn't get the worm anymore?

Plus I thought it said at 8PM they open it back up again?

This is all becoming too much work and stress. Just say you are lucky enough to get the FPs that you want at your 60/30 days out, you better hope and pray you have no issues with the system and lose your FPs (because according to others that this has happened to, all too frequent) you are just OUT OF LUCK!:headache::scared::eek::confused3

This is all becoming too much work and stress. Just say you are lucky enough to get the FPs that you want at your 60/30 days out, you better hope and pray you have no issues with the system and lose your FPs (because according to others that this has happened to, all too frequent) you are just OUT OF LUCK!:headache::scared::eek::confused3

All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. pixiedust:

That just makes them even more rare and valuable! So if you're in the parks early and you're one of the Disney Hipsters that loves to hate Frozen, grab one anyway so you can sell it on eBay! :woohoo:

A.....free......Disney.....souvenir??????

Good God, man! That's genius!

Interesting thanks.

So it comes down to what % are FP+.

Must range between 50% and 90%.

At 50% the average wait for every guest at A&E is 20 minutes. At 90% the average wait is 12 minutes.

So its somewhere between 12 and 20 minutes (ave 16 min) for every guest all day long.

Why is this bad again? When the neighbor is at 200 minutes for everyone all day, and A&E was at EPCOT.

Maybe because they cutoff the SB line? I can see where some guests who aren't familiar with how FP works might get confused and frustrated that they can't get in a SB line. However once they realize that line would be 90 mins long they might think differently. I guess you could show up late and not get on at all but by that time the "virtual" line is way longer than 90 mins anyway. FP being a limited commodity means there will always be haves and have nots. The have nots will be not happy.

Can't imagine they would do this to every attraction though. We live in an instant gratification society. Imagine guest reaction if every attraction you walked up to gave you a ticket to return at a later time. I'm guessing 80% of social media would not like it.

Seems like they are going to need some restrictions though you can't have some guest running around hoarding FP's. For example you could pre-book Soarin', show up early ride TT SB. By the time you get off it's over 30 mins so grab a paper SB+ ticket and go hit Soarin'. If its over 30 mins, grab a SB+ ticket and go ride nemo while you wait for your Soarin' FP's. If you are creative you could keep it going. They will have to limit it somehow.

The shops all have the exact same thing in them in one form or another. Not a great way to pass the time.

I am still reeling that The Great Movie Ride is a headliner FP. Really? I have never ever ridden that ride when it wasn't a walk-on. Now it's got long lines? I don't understand Disney anymore.

We waited about 30 min last August. But it was a really hot day and we were really excited about being in AC.

The most current soarin' rumor is that starting some time this week a test on the standby line will take place.

If this works, does that mean it'd be better to switch to FP+ for TT and get this return pass for Soarin'? If planning on arriving close to RD anyway?

If this works, does that mean it'd be better to switch to FP+ for TT and get this return pass for Soarin'? If planning on arriving close to RD anyway?

How do you know you won't be given a time that conflicts with TT FP+? Granted FP+ is an hour window while return pas is for half but they are a ways from one another.

Good grief, I was just about to type that I would never wait 30 minutes for the Great Movie Ride but then I remembered the heat and humidity and the blasting AC. And yeah. I guess I would.

So why don't these's Fastpass reservations have a backup email sent or some confirmation number provided where you have something concrete to prove you made it? It just makes sense.

All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. pixiedust:

That's what I keep telling myself :rotfl: I just feel like if anyone was going to lose their FP selections, it would be us, that's just our kind of luck.

How do you know you won't be given a time that conflicts with TT FP+? Granted FP+ is an hour window while return pas is for half but they are a ways from one another.

Hmm, if only there was a sign somewhere telling you when your return time would be, then you could decide to come back a bit later if you wanted...

We'll be there in about 30 days so it'll be interesting how this all plays out. Just when I thought I had the FP+ system down pat!

FlipHipster said:
Seems like they are going to need some restrictions though you can't have some guest running around hoarding FP's. For example you could pre-book Soarin', show up early ride TT SB. By the time you get off it's over 30 mins so grab a paper SB+ ticket and go hit Soarin'. If its over 30 mins, grab a SB+ ticket and go ride nemo while you wait for your Soarin' FP's. If you are creative you could keep it going. They will have to limit it somehow.

Oh the good ol' days of legacy FP. And.how much money has been spent?

That just makes them even more rare and valuable! So if you're in the parks early and you're one of the Disney Hipsters that loves to hate Frozen, grab one anyway so you can sell it on eBay! :woohoo:

LOL! I think heads would spin if I did that.

That's it?

Wasn't that the whole complaint about FP+ making it so early birds didn't get the worm anymore?

Plus I thought it said at 8PM they open it back up again?

I thought the whole point of MM+ was to monitor our every move with where time and $ are spent to make things more efficient for us and more profitable for Disney.

As far as FP+ goes, it's worked great for us since we only spend a few hours at a time in a park and are early bird on very rare occasions. Last night I was able to make a dinner ADR and 3 FP+ for the 4 hours we spent at the MK. Only down time we had was playing SotMK.

It's still only rumor until we see the Soarin' ticket actually happen. I'm sure if it goes to actual practice what we see in testing will be tweaked.

The standby ticket works great at the Premiere theater.

Disney has been doing this practice during peak seasons with w/c access to some of the rides where the queue isn't accessible. Several times, we've been given a return ticket to ride Jungle Cruise or Peter Pan. It seems to be totally inconsistent. Sometimes they do it and sometimes not.

For the Frozen sing-along, you can pick your time with what available times are left. However, for the A&E M&G, the day I was there, they were handing them out in order.

My question is this. We had an issue with POTC. We had to go to Guest Services. The cm was able to add POTC to our magic bands. Why can't something be done to add the standby wait time to the Mb instead of getting a paper?

DEFINITELY too much work and stress:headache:

This absolutely gets guests out of the SB line to do other spend things - it might also allow them to up the FP ressie percentages during the coveted mid-day period (locking in) AND not have have that visible or noticeable since SB is now proactively managed. Heck, if you don't get one of the new SB+ cards, you might just hang around in Park until 8pm to have the opportunity to get in SB - still not a bad thing for Disney. There's more to this that might make more sense once they move on to the next one......

I think this is the motivation for these tests. This is a way for them to move even more slots over to FPP without the waits spiking dramatically.

Another step towards an (almost) 100% ride reservation system...

So why don't these's Fastpass reservations have a backup email sent or some confirmation number provided where you have something concrete to prove you made it? It just makes sense.

THIS!!! :thumbsup2

It would need a confirmation code, I guess, to make sure people didn't get the email and then change their FP choices and get another email, etc. At least with a confirmation code the transaction histories could be traceable, like with ADRs.

THIS!!! :thumbsup2

It would need a confirmation code, I guess, to make sure people didn't get the email and then change their FP choices and get another email, etc. At least with a confirmation code the transaction histories could be traceable, like with ADRs.

Disney made a conscious decision to not have FP+ reservations have the same kind of paper trail in the system that the ADRs have. It's likely because of sheer volume. But they clearly made that decision despite the issues it would cause when their system glitched.

Not being snarky here... I'd really like to understand this. Can someone explain to me the difference between these "SB+" cards and legacy FP (other than the fact that they don't fit in your wallet and have to be manually handed out by a CM, that is.)?

Not being snarky here... I'd really like to understand this. Can someone explain to me the difference between these "SB+" cards and legacy FP (other than the fact that they don't fit in your wallet and have to be manually handed out by a CM, that is.)?

Probably just sheer quantity issued. Expected wait time is 30 minutes when you enter the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter