No more Stanby line for A&E?

jade1 said:
Trying to understand, each popular attraction can only process "X" guests in a day.

But is this basically accurate from this last weekend:

"everyone" who experienced A&E waited app 10 minutes the entire day

"everyone" who experienced Gringotts waited app 200 minutes the entire day

I could also argue that maybe some folks would have been willing to wait 200 mins to see A&E, but got to the park too late and didn't get a cardstock fast pass and therefore were shut out of seeing them at all.

I could also argue that maybe some folks would have been willing to wait 200 mins to see A&E, but got to the park too late and didn't get a cardstock fast pass and therefore were shut out of seeing them at all.

No doubt many on both missed out-hence the "X" number of guests per day.

But I doubt just making it all 200 minutes in case " a few guests" want to get added in makes more sense.

There goal is to get people into the stores and buying if not willing to wait in lines for the rides. And using your MB for purchasing is to easy and no way to keep checking how much your spending. It is so sad to see all this to make a reservation to ride a ride.

I think some folks are wondering if this is a move to 100% ride reservation. I would think lines somewhere would have to get longer.

Yup. If Soarin has a wait of 120 minutes and now you only let the line get to 30 minutes, those other 90 minutes of people in line are going to go to other tier 2 rides. Get ready for some big lines for Nemo, Journey Into Imagination, and Universe of Energy

FYI - TP is showing Soarin as a posted 100 minutes with an actual of 81 minutes. So I guess the cardboard passes are not actually happening there.

That's my theory currently. I think the point is so that people WILL be doing something else other than standing in line. I agree though, giving everyone 3 FP out of the gate didn't do it, they just used their free time to get in line for the other headliner they couldn't get. I like the return to legacyish FP though and the requirement that you have to go to the attraction to get your pass. SB is going to suffer though, something has to give. Not sure I hate that part, I'm not getting in a 90 min line anyway.

Yeah, that's why the more you analyze this, the more there might be to it - maybe a little more depth. It's interesting that the SB lines are open in the morning and re-opened around 8pm or so. Those are also the times that are probably least wanted for FP reservations and the times for the most FP ressie no shows (got up too late, or the kids melted down before 8pm and they left).

This absolutely gets guests out of the SB line to do other spend things - it might also allow them to up the FP ressie percentages during the coveted mid-day period (locking in) AND not have have that visible or noticeable since SB is now proactively managed. Heck, if you don't get one of the new SB+ cards, you might just hang around in Park until 8pm to have the opportunity to get in SB - still not a bad thing for Disney. There's more to this that might make more sense once they move on to the next one......

If anyone has watched the 2014 Disney planning DVD, you might have noticed that in the MM+ part they explain how booking rides in advance allows you to "make the most out of your vacation," then proceeds to show people at their resort pool, shopping at DTD and bowling at Splittsville. So, yeah, it seems like Disney would be really happy if no one was in line and would be even happier if you only spent a few hours in the park and then the rest of the day at your resort.

I can't see a 100% ride reservation system but I could see the headliners going that way. People have to be able to do something while they wait for their next FP+ and Disney's shops aren't interesting enough to do much shopping.

See. As it stands right now I'm still entertaining the thought of giving this a try. If it goes to even further ride reservations I'm completely out.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't think this sounds all that vacation-y.
I can't imagine a printout telling me where to be when for which adventure. Sure - there is almost always some thing we didn't get to do on any given trip, but to knowingly go in with our 5 reserved rides (inventing number) and KNOWING I would have no chance to do others would just not go over with my family. Forget un-magical; it would suck.

See that's what I am missing sorry-so the % of SB (do we know that app?) was just given a 30 minute return?

Yes. The SB+ ticket given allowed you to get into the 30 minute standby line while the FP+ lets you go right to the front (less than 10 minutes)

If anyone has watched the 2014 Disney planning DVD, you might have noticed that in the MM+ part they explain how booking rides in advance allows you to "make the most out of your vacation," then proceeds to show people at their resort pool, shopping at DTD and bowling at Splittsville. So, yeah, it seems like Disney would be really happy if no one was in line and would be even happier if you only spent a few hours in the park and then the rest of the day at your resort.

That might just be where their reasoning falls apart.

If they give return passes for Soarin, everyone is just going to ride TT another time.

I'll be curious to see if they have another move in this game.

Oh man. I'm not dropping $2,200 on tickets for 8 of us for a few hours a day in the park. I guess they think it's greedy of me to do rope-drop to close and expect to do all the headliners!

Oh man. I'm not dropping $2,200 on tickets for 8 of us for a few hours a day in the park. I guess they think it's greedy of me to do rope-drop to close and expect to do all the headliners!

Just go get a Dole Whip and buy 12 t-shirts instead and everything will be fine...!

Or, just sit on one of the benches and people watch ----- oops, they took those out. Never mind......;)

I did notice that. It was re-iterated again with the switch from GAC to DAS. To me it seemed like target audience was shifting.

If they give return passes for Soarin, everyone is just going to ride TT another time.

I'm curious too. Because I think I'm missing something, a big piece of the puzzle.

Tiering does promote spending more than 1 day in each park that's tiered.

Spending more days at a Disney park and more time at your resort or another area at WDW, keeps you away from Florida theme park competitors.

I think we all feel some entitlement to some degree. Which brings me back to my feeling that Disney is shifting their target audience. Of course, I could be way off base, but I've been feeling this since October.

Wait...WHAT? They're going to put this farce of a system into other rides too?? Soarin'???

You know...if they'd just build more attractions, THAT would go a long way to helping alleviate the long lines. Besides, I thought the prevalent Soarin' rumor was that a THIRD THEATER was being added with the new movie, and the other two would go down for rehab to install the new film/motions.

The most current soarin' rumor is that starting some time this week a test on the standby line will take place.

If they do this with a headliner ride, I would imagine all the headliners at a park will get it at the same time. So if Soarin makes it permanent, I would bet Test Track would also get it so the entire line that would have been waiting at Soarin doesn't line up at Test Track. Maybe the Frozen Maelstrom will be added to that too if it happens. HS I would imagine TSMM, TOT, RRC. MK might be 7DMT, all the 3 mountains, Peter Pan, A&E.

Yes. They collected them as you returned. They were color coded for the M&G, but not dated. The Frozen sing-along has them dated and color coded.

That just makes them even more rare and valuable! So if you're in the parks early and you're one of the Disney Hipsters that loves to hate Frozen, grab one anyway so you can sell it on eBay! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter